Sign in to follow this  
Debp

Stray cat feeders

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Debp said:

If you or Sonshine wants to tell us, what was the story with Oliver?

When I was a kid I fed a squirrel.   One time when I sat on the steps feeding him, he jumped up on me and proceeded to walk all the way up my arm, around the back of my shoulders, and down the other arm to my hand.   For some reason I then got scared and shook my hand...so he jumped off, leaving me with one small scratch on my hand.   My fault, I shouldn't have shaken my hand with him on it!   My mom put iodine on the scratch.

Gosh, this little story took place about 20 years ago when I first met Promises at a gym.  Anyhow, there was a track outside that I used every day and one day, I saw a little squirrel in a little tree.  The tree was kind of spindly and not very leafy and every morning, there he’d be.  No other trees grew nearby and it was summertime and hot.  So, of course, how could I not help him out?  So I went inside the gym, bought a bottle of water, found some kind of container and set the bowl under the little tree and then that, of course, led to a daily thing—water, sunflower seeds and the like.  I named him Oliver, and he trusted me and liked me a little bit. :grin:…not a very interesting story, but there it is.  

Maybe Promises will remember something interesting. ;)

Edited by Sonshine☀️
  • Loved it! 2

1 hour ago, Debp said:

No, it sounds like the squirrel was the loser.   

If you or Sonshine wants to tell us, what was the story with Oliver?

When I was a kid I fed a squirrel.   One time when I sat on the steps feeding him, he jumped up on me and proceeded to walk all the way up my arm, around the back of my shoulders, and down the other arm to my hand.   For some reason I then got scared and shook my hand...so he jumped off, leaving me with one small scratch on my hand.   My fault, I shouldn't have shaken my hand with him on it!   My mom put iodine on the scratch.

When I was a teen, our cat brought home a baby ground squirrel 

https://media.azpm.org/master/image/2017/4/14/hero/5759grsqrl-momkid.jpg

They are cute little things. He used to sit on my hand and wag his tail lol. 

• Loved it! 4

7 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

My son and my husband were driving to town about 5 days ago and saw a tiny black kitten on the access road.  My son pulled over and my husband jumped out to catch the kitty.  They brought it home.  I think it's probably between 2 and 3 months old.  Our mama kitty had kittens about 2 months ago, so she adopted the new one.  He's a bit skiddish, but getting more and more used to everyone. He really loves his new family. :) :emot-heartbeat: Now we just need to fatten him up and hopefully his fur will grow back in where it was sparse in a few spots.  I'm thinking it had gotten up into the underside of a car and fell out on the road, and got skinned up a bit.  

Do you still have the white kitten that you fed with a bottle .      Send some pictures dear sister , of the kittens .

Did yall find homes for all of pepsi s puppies .      Send us some pictures sister .  

• Loved it! 3

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Gosh, this little story took place about 20 years ago when I first met Promises at a gym.  Anyhow, there was a track outside that I used every day and one day, I saw a little squirrel in a little tree.  The tree was kind of spindly and not very leafy and every morning, there he’d be.  No other trees grew nearby and it was summertime and hot.  So, of course, how could I not help him out?  So I went inside the gym, bought a bottle of water, found some kind of container and set the bowl under the little tree and then that, of course, led to a daily thing—water, sunflower seeds and the like.  I named him Oliver, and he trusted me and liked me a little bit. :grin:…not a very interesting story, but there it is.  

Maybe Promises will remember something interesting. ;)

The most interesting thing was the sweet bond between you.  As I recall, Oliver was a loner.  He stayed right in that one tree beside the gym track, and there were no other squirrels anywhere around that I ever saw.  Oliver was a smart squirrel.  He knew exactly what time to expect you each day.  You would kneel nearby and watch him eat his seeds or pecans. He looked so cute holding each one in his little "hands" as he munched! He kept his eyes on you, but was not the least bit afraid.   I hope God sees us that way, with our eyes always on Him, the Provider of all our "food."  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Do you still have the white kitten that you fed with a bottle .      Send some pictures dear sister , of the kittens .

Did yall find homes for all of pepsi s puppies .      Send us some pictures sister .  

We still have her. She was solid white as a baby and then developed markings. She's really a beautiful cat. :)

IMG_20190426_171635.jpg

IMG_20190405_191913.jpg

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

@Abby-Joy :)Yes. I'd love to see some too! I was thinking back to a white kitten you shared pics of here once. I've gone searching for them but can't seem to locate. (Wasn't it one you found hiding beneath a car? My memory isn't what it used to be. lol But do you know what referring to?) 

You are always welcome to post pics in my animal thread, btw. You could make captions for them :)or I could, if you prefer. Just wanted to extend an invitation to you. GBU.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

6 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Abby-Joy :)Yes. I'd love to see some too! I was thinking back to a white kitten you shared pics of here once. I've gone searching for them but can't seem to locate. (Wasn't it one you found hiding beneath a car? My memory isn't what it used to be. lol But do you know what referring to?) 

You are always welcome to post pics in my animal thread, btw. You could make captions for them :)or I could, if you prefer. Just wanted to extend an invitation to you. GBU.

I'm currently in the ER...my mind isn't functioning on full throttle. lol

Yes, I found the kitty under my car one day when I was pulling out to go to town. She didn't even have her eyes open yet. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praying for You! 1

@Abby-Joy:laugh: Wow! That was fast. lol. I was just typing my post. After I pushed to send it,  I noticed your pretty cat pics had been posted.

Was this the kitten I am thinking back to from last year??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

I'm currently in the ER...my mind isn't functioning on full throttle. lol

@Abby-Joy I understand. I'll be praying.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Abby-Joy I understand. I'll be praying.

Thank you @turtletwo. High fever (103.1) since last night, bladder infection, hiatal hernia, dehydration, on and on.... haven't been taking good care of myself...high stress, etc. 

Edited by Abby-Joy
  • Praying for You! 5

Sign in to follow this