• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I trust few men. 'Cursed is the man that trusts in msn'. Jeremiah 17:5

However, i learned to eat the fruit and spit out the seeds.

Ray Comfort has inspired me to witness more.

He has hundreds of videos on line. Street preacher.

I tried his style. Its working beautifully. 

He puts the gospel in a step by step, easy to understand format. Check him out. You may be inspired to give it a try also.

We need for christians to start preaching/witnessing more.

Might be the answer to an insane culture we're praying for! Im just saying.

Edited by ejected
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Street evangelism can be fun, sometimes in the Shakespearean sense of the word. Been there done that. Been the Tuesday night warrior for Jesus too, visiting unannounced, the homes of church visitors, and also just knocking on doors. Have visited the homes of people that just leave their kids on the curb so to speak to be picked up for a Saturday children's ministry- now that is an adventure!

Best one and the most fun for me happened in reverse. I was at Nassau to do a work week building classrooms. I heard music at night  that sounded much  Pacific Isles hymns that I love to listen to. We had been told how very dangerous it was to go out at night, and to keep our place locked tight.But, I heard the music, saw a bare lightbulb shinning in the blind darkness so I headed toward it. Something huge grabbed me from the darkness and dragged me into the building where the music was playing. I was set into a child's folding chair and a hymnal placed in my hands- It was in Creole. I had been  pulled into a Haitian church group's all nighter revival, complete with  a Scotsman missionary. And they were going to save me before dawn evidently. A great fun memory. Really nice people. The lady that pulled me in got points and praise for most people brought into the revival. She could have picked up and dragged Haystack Calhoun in, she was a big big person with a seriously kind and driven heart.

And yes there is need to share the gospel of Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, ejected said:

Ray Comfort has inspired me to witness more.

Ray has a calling.
His videos inspire.
He has boldness.
And a phenomenal memory.
His camera man will catch great emotion in the listeners face.
To watch a lost person, hear Ray share the truth, and then
see the revelation in their face, is very moving.
He is a true sower of the gospel.
(He's made some cool movies, too)

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Ray Comfort has been accused of preaching “ Lordship Salvation”.Some Bible teachers I follow do not like him.They say he does not teach the True Gospel.I know who he is ,but I need to check him out sometime.I know he has a novel and efficient way to get people to admit they are sinners .He May be one of the many that confuse Salvation and Sanctification.

• Loved it! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Some years ago I did watch a few of his programs where he does the street evangelism.   Would probably be good to watch one again to refresh my memory!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Lordship Salvation

How does the term Lordship Salvation confuse justification and sanctification? Might make for a new topic rather than hijacking this thread, if you might want to further express/discuss.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Ray Comfort has been accused of preaching “ Lordship Salvation”.Some Bible teachers I follow do not like him.They say he does not teach the True Gospel.I know who he is ,but I need to check him out sometime.I know he has a novel and efficient way to get people to admit they are sinners .He May be one of the many that confuse Salvation and Sanctification.

I did a bit of web searching on this.   Decades ago, I read a number of authors who taught and preached something similar.  This has been around for a long time in various forms.   I know many Christians who were saved and discipled under this type of teaching who have had decades of fruitful lives in Christ.   The general idea is preaching Jesus Christ as both Savior AND Lord of our lives right away and not just Jesus Christ as Savior.

Here's Ray Comfort's presentation of the gospel. It seems sound to me.   https://www.livingwaters.com/are-you-a-good-person/    Here is another article on repentance (by a different person) on his site (https://www.livingwaters.com/how-to-preach-repentance/).  That seems reasonable as well.   It does not appear to me that he is teaching one needs to stop sinning on their own efforts to be saved but rather that a genuine conversion with God's Holy Spirit coming into a person will produce actual changes in a person.  Here's a quote from that article that seems to be in context and reflect what they are intending to say.   "Repentance does not mean achieving perfection. We don’t clean ourselves up on our own efforts and then try to get God to accept us. Rather, it is choosing a different attitude toward sin. We will still sin on occasion until God calls us home to Heaven, and will have to ask for forgiveness of sin until we die, but God gives His children power and strength to battle against it.

I found a number of sites via a "Ray Comfort Lordship Salvation" search on bing.   I'll be blunt, most of the hits were for the type of Christian expose' sites I roll my eyes at.  They use large font types, bold colors, clickbait headlines  ("Ray Comfort's Perverted Gospel",  "Ray Comfort Perverts Luke 8:13", "Ray Discomfort", "Ray Comfort is Wrong On Salvation!","The Damnable Heresy of Ray Comfort"), and then proceed to explain how they are the only ones holding to the true gospel.  They have a handful of Christian preachers and teachers they like and elevate those teachings to near scriptural levels of authority.   They seem to form an echo chamber where they quote and link each other's sites and articles using various buzzwords they've created.   One of them writes an article exposing someone as a wolf or heretic and the rest jump in on it and quote it themselves.   For those interested, here's a list of people holding to the "Lordship Salvation Heresy"  (https://graceinsightandart.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/here-is-a-list-of-lordship-salvation-false-gospel-preachers-biblical-grace-preachers-and-some-unknowns/).  It includes Augustine, John Calvin, Martin Luther, Charles Spurgeon, Billy Graham, John MacArthur, RC Sproul, Francis Chan, AW Tozer, Jack Chick, Jonathan Edwards, Rick Warren, Leonard Ravenhill, Ravi Zacharias, and "Almost All Reformed, Calvinist, Arminian, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Church of Christ Churches".   As far as I can tell, the people writing these articles hold a rather extreme type of OSAS view and that anyone who disagrees is a heretic of some type.  I find it ironic that some of them even include strong OSAS proponents as holding this heresy.  From the level of rhetoric, I have the impression that some of them think that any Christian who disagrees is not a Christian but a wolf.  I have no doubt as to the zeal and sincerity of the Christians who run these sites.  I just think they've gone off the deep end to the detriment of their own ministries and credibility.  Long story, but I was like that myself for a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

45 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I did a bit of web searching on this.   Decades ago, I read a number of authors who taught and preached something similar.  This has been around for a long time in various forms.   I know many Christians who were saved and discipled under this type of teaching who have had decades of fruitful lives in Christ.   The general idea is preaching Jesus Christ as both Savior AND Lord of our lives right away and not just Jesus Christ as Savior.

Here's Ray Comfort's presentation of the gospel. It seems sound to me.   https://www.livingwaters.com/are-you-a-good-person/    Here is another article on repentance (by a different person) on his site (https://www.livingwaters.com/how-to-preach-repentance/).  That seems reasonable as well.   It does not appear to me that he is teaching one needs to stop sinning on their own efforts to be saved but rather that a genuine conversion with God's Holy Spirit coming into a person will produce actual changes in a person.  Here's a quote from that article that seems to be in context and reflect what they are intending to say.   "Repentance does not mean achieving perfection. We don’t clean ourselves up on our own efforts and then try to get God to accept us. Rather, it is choosing a different attitude toward sin. We will still sin on occasion until God calls us home to Heaven, and will have to ask for forgiveness of sin until we die, but God gives His children power and strength to battle against it.

I found a number of sites via a "Ray Comfort Lordship Salvation" search on bing.   I'll be blunt, most of the hits were for the type of Christian expose' sites I roll my eyes at.  They use large font types, bold colors, clickbait headlines  ("Ray Comfort's Perverted Gospel",  "Ray Comfort Perverts Luke 8:13", "Ray Discomfort", "Ray Comfort is Wrong On Salvation!","The Damnable Heresy of Ray Comfort"), and then proceed to explain how they are the only ones holding to the true gospel.  They have a handful of Christian preachers and teachers they like and elevate those teachings to near scriptural levels of authority.   They seem to form an echo chamber where they quote and link each other's sites and articles using various buzzwords they've created.   One of them writes an article exposing someone as a wolf or heretic and the rest jump in on it and quote it themselves.   For those interested, here's a list of people holding to the "Lordship Salvation Heresy"  (https://graceinsightandart.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/here-is-a-list-of-lordship-salvation-false-gospel-preachers-biblical-grace-preachers-and-some-unknowns/).  It includes Augustine, John Calvin, Martin Luther, Charles Spurgeon, Billy Graham, John MacArthur, RC Sproul, Francis Chan, AW Tozer, Jack Chick, Jonathan Edwards, Rick Warren, Leonard Ravenhill, Ravi Zacharias, and "Almost All Reformed, Calvinist, Arminian, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Church of Christ Churches".   As far as I can tell, the people writing these articles hold a rather extreme type of OSAS view and that anyone who disagrees is a heretic of some type.  I find it ironic that some of them even include strong OSAS proponents as holding this heresy.  From the level of rhetoric, I have the impression that some of them think that any Christian who disagrees is not a Christian but a wolf.  I have no doubt as to the zeal and sincerity of the Christians who run these sites.  I just think they've gone off the deep end to the detriment of their own ministries and credibility.  Long story, but I was like that myself for a time.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.....I may have some stuff to add later...

• Thumbs Up 1