• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Kathryn miraculously healed the most successful (to be) healer in the history of the USA,  maybe the whole world.

He later (and always) gave God the credit for his developing the method which proved the best ever used, for him and for thousands of others who learned it.   Others who were trained by him did well,  but no one ever did as well as he did ,  and some who learned the method messed up a little or a lot, I don't know. (it would be very difficult to find out).

Out of ten thousand clients,  only three did not respond to his treatments (using no prescription drugs).

Has anyone else had such a good history/record ?   I don't know what Kathryn's success rate was, btw.  Perhaps someone else was just as successful - Smith Wigglesworth was very successful in Wales/ Europe for instance...

Almost every one who healed people was accosted by the 'system' - some by many chruches,  some by governments,  some by medical (so-called) professionals,  and the ama/fda calls the healers,  natural and by faith,  "quacks"  - they do NOT permit them nor allow them to prosper if they can stop them.

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

As one who has attended four of her services, it is interesting to see the mention of faith healing. Kathryn Kuhlman adamantly stated numerous times, "I do not heal, but it is the power of the Holy Spirit who does the healing." And further goes on to say towards the conclusion of her meetings, "Please don't come to me for healing, because I can not do this for you. Neither am I responsible for whom God chooses to heal, or for those He chooses not to heal. I have absolutely nothing to do with it."

And then finally she asks, "If you have felt His touch during this service at any given time, come up and give a testimony of what you perceive the Lord has done for you." And this is the same exact way these gatherings have always been conducted for the entirety of her ministry. At the closing, an alter call is given to lead those who have come for salvation, and she leads them in the 'sinner's prayer'. God bless her. She was quite a lady who never once shared the Lord's glory.       

I agree with Beau.... Kathryn Kuhlman never claimed to be a faith healer.   She always gave the glory to God if anyone was healed during the services.   She always said the healing/salvation of a soul through Jesus was more important than any physical healing!

Although I attended a Presbyterian Church as a child, my mother and I would attend Kathryn Kuhlman's services in Pittsburgh, where she lived.    The presence of the Holy Spirit was always very apparent in the services.   My mother and I were touched at one service although standing in the back.   Wonderful hymns would be whole heartedly sung, Miss Kuhlman would give a message directing everyone to Christ as Savior, then healings would occur.

After moving to Los Angeles, we also attended some services here.   But those services when I was a child still stand out to me.   Kathryn Kuhlman had a very close walk with God.

I know of a Jewish lady who came to Christ by listening to Kathryn Kuhlman's radio program.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The Azusa Street Revival was a historic revival meeting that took place in Los Angeles, California. It was led by William J. Seymour, an African American preacher.It began with a meeting on April 9, 1906, and continued until roughly 1915.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

I know of a Jewish lady who came to Christ by listening to Kathryn Kuhlman's radio program.

That's really beautiful, Deb. I came to a full saving knowledge of Jesus as Saviour and Lord, the first service that was attended in Glendale, California. I had decided to follow Jesus. And she held monthly meetings at the Shriner's Auditorium of all places! The Holy Spirit took control in each and every service. Amen. She also had a weekly televised program called, 'I Believe In Miracles', from the 1960's and on through the early 70's. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

@Omegaman 3.0

Personal apologies, for posting off-topic on your thread. I understand this was meant to be in honor of Corrie ten Boom, but when seeing false accusation slurs, it's difficult for me to not to respond in defense. A good 99.9% of the time all attempts are made to keep to the subject at hand, but in this case it couldn't be helped. Sorry for torquing out your topic, and proper efforts will be made for restraints in the future. Hope it's alright this time. God bless you, bro. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Personal apologies, for posting off-topic on your thread. I understand this was meant to be in honor of Corrie ten Boom, but when seeing false accusation slurs, it's difficult for me to not to respond in defense. A good 99.9% of the time all attempts are made to keep to the subject at hand, but in this case it couldn't be helped. Sorry for torquing out your topic, and proper efforts will be made for restraints in the future. Hope it's alright this time. God bless you, bro. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Well David, the thread seems to have taken on it's own life, I  am not going to worry too much about it. My reason for bringing up going off topic, was mostly prompted because a specific individual has a habit of doing that frequently and tends to do so with a handful of topics that he tends to rant about. As it happens, in this case I had just read a report about him doing that very thing, then I noticed it also in this thread. Rather than acting on the report by taking formal actions, I decided to cut him some slack, and bring it up here. In that way other people can learn from it, and try an keep on track themselves, and not divert topics, and also, the one who made the report can see that it did not go undressed and unnoticed. It seemed like a way of killing several birds with one stone, and extending grace in the face of a habitual offence.

Thanks for making the effort to apologize and repent, lol, for an offence that I was speaking to, but was not directed toward you, as you are not a habitual problem, that was very mature of you!

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a publication at one time, that contained  the story of the life of Corrie and her family just prior to the Nazi invasion in Holland. It went on with the capture of she and her sister Betsie, and their struggles within the Vught political concentration camp, also in the Netherlands. From there they were transported to Germany's Ravensbruck, where Betsie passed away. Corrie was later released, and it was truly a miracle. Her Christian ministry that followed went global. She was a tremendous woman of the Lord. God bless her. Thanks for posting this vid of her testimony, Omega. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I heard Corrie Ten Boom speak at the Hollywood Presbyterian Church one time.   The video posted here was interesting, thanks Omegaman.

• Praise God! 1