IGNORED

Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent

gordon7777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

As soon as Jesus was born the devil through these kings of the earth tried to destroy Jesus, even the beginning was threatening and murder. Joseph Mary and Jesus had to be away until the Father called them out of Egypt...

Matthew 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Jesus shows His purpose in Israel, it is the same as all the prophets of God before Him, who were also persecuted and in misery, shamed and murdered. Jeremiah even laments, becayuse of this role the prophets had, even as those Jesus has chosen have the same purpose, testifying against the world that believes it is godly...

Jeremiah 20:18 Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?

Mark 12:4 And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.
5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.
6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.
7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

James 5:10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Many times they threatened to harm Jesus and to brutally stone Him, even the same as they had done to all of the prophets of the Lord, labelling him having a devil and being mad, dishonouring him daily, every day He testified against them how wicked they were...

Luke 4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

John 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

John 10:20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Remember then, if the prophets of the Lord had such sorrows and desired to die, they will persecute you also, because now they have no cloak for their sin, and they hate without a cause to fulfil all of these testimonies of the Lord..

John 15:0 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

They complain though, that there is joy. There is joy in the Spirit when we realise all in this world we can throw away, as we find the treasure of great value, and to rejoice in the day of persecution,  as they did to the prophets of the Lord for testifying how wicked they are. Joy is Heavenly, how can it be of this wold/ Joy is a fruit of the Spirit of the Lord, it is far above natural mans understanding. But the joy is the spoiling of our goods as we escape satan this way to lay our lives down, and our spirit rejoices in God our Savior, and Jesus rejoiced in Spirit, as the Father has hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them unto His babes..

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Luke 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

6 hours ago, gordon7777 said:

Jesus shows His purpose in Israel, it is the same as all the prophets of God before Him, who were also persecuted and in misery, shamed and murdered.

What do the Scriptures say about Jesus' purpose?

Luke 4:43  but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, George said:

What do the Scriptures say about Jesus' purpose?

Luke 4:43  but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”

Thanks George. Therefore was He sent. To preach to all Israel. And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them (Israel) by His messengers, because He had compassion on His people,  but they mocked the messengers of God, misused His prophets, till there was no remedy.

The prophets of the Lord were sent to speak to all the people of the land (Israel), and were told that they should hear the words which the Lord had had by the former prophets..

Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

2 Chronicles 36:14 Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the Lord which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.
15 And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Zechariah 7: 5 Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me?
6 And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not ye eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves?
7 Should ye not hear the words which the Lord hath cried by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain?

This was accurately recounted how they beat some, stoned others and as soon as they saw the Son, thy took Him and killed Him and cast Him out of the vineyard, beyond the camp, and we go to join Him there bearing His reproach....Hebrews 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

Mark 12:5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.
6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.
7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'
8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

Then we see the purpose in more detail, to preach to all Israel, and, for them to bear witness that they are the children of those who killed the prophets. Wherefore, I send unto you prophets and wise men, and scribes, and some of them you shall kill and crucify, and some of them you shall scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from CITY TO CITY, that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon earth,, all these things shall come upon this generation. Isaiah 49 prophesy's Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I (Messiah) be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and it is a light thing to restore the preserved of Israel, I will give thee for a light of the Gentiles, that you shall be my salvation unto the ends of the earth. As fulfilled in Matthew 23:37, Jerusalem that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to them. How often the Lord would have gathered them and they would not.

Matthew 23:1 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Isaiah 49:5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

All that is because the Lord did purpose to stain the pride of all glory. The cup passed to all nations as per Jeremiah 25..

Isaiah 23:9 The Lord of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:28-29.

It was told, written, The Lord will confess among the Gentiles, and the Jew are those not circumcised in the flesh, but those circumcised in the heart and prise of God not of men, and they of faith are the children of Abraham, and to Abraham and His seed the promises made, not seeds, but to the one seed...Christ. But they are not all Israel that are of Israel. But in Isaac shall thy seed be called. The children of the flesh are not the children of God. The children of the promise, made to the seed, Christ are counted for the seed. For we are the circumcision which worship God in Spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus(not in the world) and have no confidence in the flesh. This is the purpose He purposed in Himself, the mystery, that he gathers together in one all things in Christ, now revealed to His Holy Apostles, that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and part takers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel(same Gospel Christ preached). This is the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord, access by the faith of Him, and for all men to see what is the fellowship of the mystery which was from the beginning of the world hidden in God..

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Speaking of fellow heirs..

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

So that was the purpose of being sent to all the city's of Israel, to also beware of men, who will deliver you up the councils, scourge you, and the Spirit of your Father speaks in you(after Christ is risen Spirit given and glorified) Then they are hated of all men, for Christs sake, but to endure to the end(of the world) will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another, and they shall not have gone over the cities of Israel until the Son of man be come..

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

So regarding the city's of Israel is still ongoing, or is right now, when many false prophets rise to deceive many, and when love is cold everywhere, people have belief in God but are lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. His Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to ALL Nations(Hated of all Nations) and then shall the end come..

Matthew 24:Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, gordon7777 said:

His Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to ALL Nations

Read in ACTS,  this was accomplished in the first/ second century.  Thus the Apostles and disciples realistically believed Yahushua could return any day in their lifetime, having been taught by Yahuweh and Yahushua , they knew.

The end comes when the Gospel is preached. Now the book of Revelation for the things yet to come.

Revelation 1:The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Having the everlasting Gospel to preach unto ALL THEM THAT DWELL UPON THE EARTH, and the message is Fear God and give Him glory, for the hour of His judgement is come. Babylon, this world of people on earth, is judged, and they should be separate form the world and come out from among them and be separate. or be part taker of her sins, everybody who does not know they have the lie in their right hand, this is the invisable mark of the beast, in their right hand , but the ones with the Father sealed in their forehead keep His commandments, and the faith of Jesus, and then we see the earth is reaped, for the harvest is ripe, which all the antichrist false prophets and scoffers try to deny is told..

2 Peter 3:Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Isaiah 44:20 He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

It is one way to remember our Lord, in the blood, that is not in joy or happiness or safety security, it is in reality, who He suffers for does not forget His suffering, they remember literally very second in their conscience to Him, and for people who drink or eat unworthily, they drink damnation, and the devil wants us to do what then ? To examine ourselves and be serious when drinking the Lords blood in memory of Him, or to take it lightly and all of this life lightly and so we can be damned along with him..

Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.