Sign in to follow this  
Michael37

How The Ascended Christ Reveals Himself To John

When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters. 

Rev 2:1
(1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 1:12-13
(12)  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
(13)  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:16  And he had in his right hand seven stars:

Rev 2:8
(8)  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18  I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen;

Rev 2:12
(12)  "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:

Rev 1:16  . . . and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shines in his strength.

Rev 2:18
(18)  "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

Rev 1:14-15
(14)  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
(15)  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev 3:1
(1)  "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which you saw are the seven churches.

Rev 3:7
(7)  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;

Rev 1:18  I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Isa 22:22  And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Rev 3:14
(14)  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war.

Col 1:15-17
(15)  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16)  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17)  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Rev 1:5-6
(5)  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6)  And has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended. 

Blessings from Michael37.

26 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters. 

Rev 2:1
(1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 2:8
(8)  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 2:12
(12)  "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:

Rev 2:18
(18)  "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

Rev 3:1
(1)  "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "

Rev 3:7
(7)  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;

Rev 3:14
(14)  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended. 

Blessings from Michael37.

Hi Michael,

John then sees, in chapter 4, "A throne"........ with.... "ONE sitting on the throne"..... John does not say "God sitting on the throne" or "the Father sitting on the throne"............He just says that he saw "ONE sitting on the throne"....or ...."Him who sits on the throne"

And the 4 living creatures, and the 24 elders do not cease to say....."Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come".........(verse 8)

And they cast their crowns before the throne, saying....."Worthy are you, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and because of your will they existed, and were created"....(verse 11)

Is this the Lord Jesus Christ who they are worshiping?......The ONE who is to come?......The ONE who created all things?

The ONE who sits on the throne?

17 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Michael,

John then sees, in chapter 4, "A throne"........ with.... "ONE sitting on the throne"..... John does not say "God sitting on the throne" or "the Father sitting on the throne"............He just says that he saw "ONE sitting on the throne"....or ...."Him who sits on the throne"

And the 4 living creatures, and the 24 elders do not cease to say....."Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come".........(verse 8)

And they cast their crowns before the throne, saying....."Worthy are you, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and because of your will they existed, and were created"....(verse 11)

Is this the Lord Jesus Christ who they are worshiping?......The ONE who is to come?......The ONE who created all things?

The ONE who sits on the throne?

Hi JoeCanada, Thanks for your input. We are looking at the divine disclosure in spiritually symbolic sequences, starting with the seven letters dictated by Christ, who identifies Himself in each much as John observed and later more or less described. The next sequence leading up to the seven seals and their opening, begins by John becoming acquainted with the heavenly throne room. 

We cannot define the Divine Presence whom John observes seated on the throne beyond what is written. I hesitate to use the word "metaphysical" because it is not a biblical term, so instead I simply declare that God presents Himself in any way He likes, in any aspect, and in any manner He sees fit. The original language of Greek doesn't even have the word "One" in the manuscript, so the emphasis is on the throne being occupied in a spectacle of exquisite glory, it being an awesome throne from which all the qualities, functions, and directives of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit go forth in agreement. 

As quoted previously, Col 1:15 - 17 , Jesus is the image of the invisible God, and by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Omegaman 3.0
      I was saved in 1979 and soon after, I was attending an adult Sunday School class at Melodyland in Anaheim, CA, taught by Walter Martin. I had been doing some Bible study on my own on the topic of being filled with the Spirit. In that, I had noticed that the idea of "boldness" was very frequently associated with Spirit filling. I was very privileged to hear Dr. Martin speak to how boldness can be used in our lives as Christian.
      I really miss this man, but really was blessed to watch him speak passionately again in this video, about things the should matter to Christians who love the people for whom Christ died! This is Part 1, Part 2 will follow in a separate post in this thread.

• By Behold
      As ive posted many times on this Forum, ....the fact that Legalists (all live in the wrong parts of Hebrews, (Ch 6 & 10) ......Matthew (before the Cross),...... James, and the Old Testament.
      They are really quite unacquainted with Paul.
      If they were a student of Paul, who said, "be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ".... it would be because they have been taught correct "Pauline Theology".
      If they knew anything about Paul, they would know that Jesus took Paul aside, and no other Apostle, and taught him "justification by faith", and 99% of the doctrine of the Church.
      So, when you are a student of the NT, you are a student of Paul, and from Paul, you learn "sound doctrine".

If you have not been taught what i just showed you, then you are lost in the theological weeds, and that is why you have no idea about Grace, and can't even talk about it.
      You can't even discuss the Blood Atonement, or "justification by Faith".
      You will have no idea that Jesus is not only your Righteousness, but He is your redemption, and your sanctification and your justification, BEFORE GOD. .. In the EYES of God.
      If you are a legalist, all of this basic "Christianity 101" is Chinese to you.
      Its a language you dont speak or comprehend, and you will not be speaking it any time soon, unless you find someone like me to teach you, or you get away from whatever cult, church, or spiritually corrupted people who have led you into the dark..... and find the LIGHT.
      As, they will be happy to keep you right there with them in their darkness, for as long as you let them.
      Thats a fact, and i say this to you in love.........you need to find a way out of your heresy group.

And to continue.
      If you are a legalist, then probably noone ever taught you anything about God's Grace, or How it works, or WHY it operates in the life of a Born Again person, the way it does.
      If you are a legalist, you have never been taught this verse..... and this verse is the first verse i teach a new Christian to memorize and LIVE With until they are saturated with what it means.
      Hebrews 13:9
      This is a verse that the devil will hide from a Legalist.
      This verse teaches that you are to establish you HEART....with GRACE.
      And what this means, is that you are to come to a deep deep understanding of What Grace is, and How Grace Works......because if you don't, you will probably be led astray from theological soundness, and end up on forums ranting about "commandments" and "law", while you try to convince real believers that they can "lose it".
      Is that you?
      In other words, if you dont do what Hebrews 13:9 tells you to do, in the beginning of your walk with Christ, you will probably end up as a Galatians 1:8
      Thats a fact.

So, i want to help people who can be helped, and teach people who can be taught... (who are not so theologically locked into place by the pride of their self righteousness,) to understand Hebrews, and especially a few verses in Chapters 6 & 10 as these are the satanic goldmine for Legalists. Its their bread and butter from hell. Its their end game circular reasoning prison, that they all use when trying to reduce The Blood Of Christ to "working to stay saved" or "holding onto your falth to save saved" or pretending being born again is temporary, = "you can lose your salvation", they preach and preach.

So, believers.... If you can get this revelation im about to give you, then it will help protect you from worrying about losing your salvation, because many will twist these Hebrew verses im going to rightly divide for you, to try to cause you to believe you can lose you salvation.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some rules.
      There are a few things you need to know, so that you have the theological groundwork necessary within you to even begin to understand this Book, and Chapters 6 and 10.
      And by the way, the book of Hebrews is to be avoided until you have studied much and are truly truly grounded in all of Paul's epistles, so that you become grounded in Grace, and the understanding of "you are the righteousness of God IN CHRIST".
      I'm not kidding.

But, lets take a look at this, because, this will help you to at least understand what Chapters 6 and 10 are really all about.

Here is your need to know list. :

First, Hebrews are unsaved Jews.
      2nd, Apostles in the NT are saved Jews who are able to do signs and wonders. 2 Corinthians 12:12 And this is important to know, as you will learn, in a bit.
      3rd. "Signs".......are for the JEWS. 1 Corinthians 1:22

You have to understand that a spiritual gift, comes from HEAVEN. It is a Heavenly gift, and all Apostles could perform these signs (Heavenly GIFTS) that were for JEWS. 1 Corinthians 1:22

Now, all those facts, are necessary for you to understand before you jump into the Book Of Hebrews.
      Also to know...very important..... When an Apostle is writing a letter, he always begins the letter with a greeting. And from these greetings, we "rightly divided" their words to understand who the letter is meant for....as this gives us an understanding of it so that we don't misuse the letter theologically or doctrinally.
      And Hebrews, is the most misused Letter in the NT by people who say they are Christians.
      AS i told you before......Legalists, LIVE in Hebrews, a letter that is NOT addressed to the CHURCH.
      Get that.
      Very important for you to realize it.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here we go.

The Book of Hebrews, is not addressed to the Church.
      The book of Hebrews, is addressed to HEBREWS...these are UNSAVED JEWS.
      This is why the letter is not addressed to "the church".
      Now be sure you understand that.....as i keep saying... = very important to understand.

Now, let me show you what happens when an Apostle is dealing with religious (HEBREWS) Jews, who are hateful, hate-filled, and antagonistic.
      Lets look at how this all plays out during and after this Apostle is preaching the Gospel to them.
      And remember...
      This Apostle is showing them "heavenly gifts", 2 Corinthians 12:12 as these unsaved HEBREWS have a right to expect "signs", as that is 1 Corinthians 1:22.
      So, this Apostle, does everything He can possibly do, and they still wont have Jesus as their Messiah, and it plays out like this in Hebrews Chapter 6 and Chapter 10.
      -
      -
      In Hebrews 6 and 10

10 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
      It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened who have tasted the (heavenly gift)... If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. ""
      ----------

Now Saint.....Here is how you rightly divided those verses.
      And i will use Ch 10 & 6, where unsaved Jews (Hebrews) are being shown the signs of an apostle (tasted the heavenly gift), heard the Gospel, and still refused their Messiah.

There is a JEWISH Apostle, (perhaps Paul) who is preaching the Message of the Cross to Hebrews (jews) who are not saved. They are rejecting the message, rejecting Jesus as Messiah, and this Apostle is warning them of the consequence of Rejecting Christ.
      He ESPECIALLY explains in detail their rend result for rejecting Christ, when a "Signs of an Apostle" is happening in front of them.... 2nd Corinthians 12:12 (Tasted the Heavenly GIFT).... This apostle has Gifts of the Spirit and he has just let them see the signs, as "Signs are for the JEWS". 1 Corinthians 1:22... So, here you have a Jewish Apostle, preaching to Lost JEWs (Hebrews) and He is giving them the works....>Not just the Gospel, but "Signs of an Apostle", 2nd Corinthians 12:12... this is THEIR "tasting the Heavenly Gift", this is, them LITERALLY SEEING SIGNS....THE MIRACULOUS.. these Jews are seeing this... THE Spiritual Gifts this Apostle has, which come from HEAVEN...and these jews are STILL DETERMINED TO reject their Messiah, while seeing this JEWISH Apostle's SIGNS., and hearing him preach the Truth to them.

This means, these are hard hearted hate filled religious Jews (Hebrews)....and that is why this Apostle rips into them...with....""" you are trodding underfoot the blood""... He is telling them....You are no different then your Father's (elders) who KNEW Christ was Messiah, and they spit on His Blood that was shed for them.... and they stood there at the foot of the Cross and told Jesus...."Come on down Jesus, you can do it right, .. isn't that right, MR MESSIAH"?

That is what is going on here readers........and This APOSTLE tells them.......If you do this, as you are doing.....you have no way to be SAVED....as you have "sinned willfully" away your SALVATION.......= you have willfully rejected the ONLY ONE Who can save you... You are willfully choosing to be a CHRIST REJECTOR and ""there is no more sacrifice for you SIN", if you do this.........as Hebrews 6 explains to them... and to us.

So, that is Hebrews 10 & 6. ..... That is a JEWISH Apostle, using signs, dealing with unsaved HEBREWS - Religious JEWS who have the same Hatred in their hearts that was in the hearts of the HEBREWS who wanted this......."crucify him......crucify him.......crucify him">... And Pilate told them that Jesus's BLOOD was on THEIR Hands, as he washed his in that bowl, and then turned THEIR MESSIAH over to the whips and The CROSS.
      These unsaved Jews in the book of HEBREWS are also "trodding underfoot" AGAIN, the blood of Jesus.....same as before, when their Elders did it, with Jesus hanging on a Cross as proof of their Christ Rejection.
      This Apostle, is comparing these HEBREWS Christ rejection, as exactly the same as the Hebrews who originally "trod underfoot the blood of Jesus", and stood there glaring their hatred at Him, while Christ hung dying.

• By emmaforlife2004
      "Ephesians  6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
      Our God is good all time. I remember when I moved in with my friend to a house he rented. I discovered that the house was an occultic house. Witchcraft activities was rampant in that house because I was always fighting with them in my dream. In the cause of fighting, I will see the landlord protecting them from me.
      One day in a dream I saw the landlord wife sitting on my head. I woke from that dream with an ear pain which started from one ear  and moved to the other one. I prayed a prayer that day TELLING THE EAR THAT WHEN I CAME INTO THIS HOUSE I DID NOT COME WITH EAR PAIN SO THE PAIN MUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT CAME FROM.  And God been God, the ear pain stopped.
      Since my friend was not a Christian, he did not know what was happening. But I was having spiritual attack from all angle. 
      One night, I decided to praise the Lord without asking for anything. That night was glorious because after dancing and praising the Lord, the Lord visited me in a dream and asked me what do I want, I TOLD THE LORD THAT HE SHOULD HELP ME TO FULFILL MY DESTINY.
      But the landlord was not happy, he called my friend and told him to send me away because my friend did not tell him that he was coming with a pastor to rent the house.
      Since my friend did not send me away, the landlord gave him a quick notice to pack out of the house. But meanwhile the landlord have already inflicted me with partial paralysis on my waist. I have to struggle to stand up from the bed or chair. Initially I thought it was the food that I was eating that caused it. 
      Though my friend and his family did not know anything about the attack, I prayed over the sickness and the partial paralysis disappeared without a trace. Though we were kicked out of the house.
      I give God all the glory because he has always been good to me and my family.
    • By Abdicate
      If ever there was a fulfillment of prophecy, this is it: Mat 7:6.

Content removed.
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      Daily Reading 68 If you prefer, you can look up the following verses in your own Bible,  or by whatever means and in whichever version you choose.
      Matthew 12:22-50 Leviticus 15-16 Proverbs 27 Audio 6:41 Audio 4:59 Audio 2:43 The above verse addresses are linked to Bible Gateway. That is an easy way to read (or listen to) the Bible verses, and choose your version.  Personally, I prefer written, that way I can go at my own pace, and think about it, before moving on. Nothing wrong with doing either or both. The Bible says faith comes by hearing. See the picture below to get an idea of what to expect if you follow the above links.

Note: The audio will not play the exact verses, it will play the whole chapters, in which the verses exist. Thank you Lord for making the your word so accessible for us in these times. Amen