• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters. 

Rev 2:1
(1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 1:12-13
(12)  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
(13)  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:16  And he had in his right hand seven stars:

Rev 2:8
(8)  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18  I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen;

Rev 2:12
(12)  "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:

Rev 1:16  . . . and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shines in his strength.

Rev 2:18
(18)  "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

Rev 1:14-15
(14)  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
(15)  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev 3:1
(1)  "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which you saw are the seven churches.

Rev 3:7
(7)  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;

Rev 1:18  I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Isa 22:22  And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Rev 3:14
(14)  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war.

Col 1:15-17
(15)  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16)  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17)  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Rev 1:5-6
(5)  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6)  And has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended. 

Blessings from Michael37.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters. 

Rev 2:1
(1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 2:8
(8)  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Rev 2:12
(12)  "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:

Rev 2:18
(18)  "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

Rev 3:1
(1)  "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "

Rev 3:7
(7)  "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;

Rev 3:14
(14)  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended. 

Blessings from Michael37.

Hi Michael,

John then sees, in chapter 4, "A throne"........ with.... "ONE sitting on the throne"..... John does not say "God sitting on the throne" or "the Father sitting on the throne"............He just says that he saw "ONE sitting on the throne"....or ...."Him who sits on the throne"

And the 4 living creatures, and the 24 elders do not cease to say....."Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come".........(verse 8)

And they cast their crowns before the throne, saying....."Worthy are you, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and because of your will they existed, and were created"....(verse 11)

Is this the Lord Jesus Christ who they are worshiping?......The ONE who is to come?......The ONE who created all things?

The ONE who sits on the throne?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Michael,

John then sees, in chapter 4, "A throne"........ with.... "ONE sitting on the throne"..... John does not say "God sitting on the throne" or "the Father sitting on the throne"............He just says that he saw "ONE sitting on the throne"....or ...."Him who sits on the throne"

And the 4 living creatures, and the 24 elders do not cease to say....."Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come".........(verse 8)

And they cast their crowns before the throne, saying....."Worthy are you, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and because of your will they existed, and were created"....(verse 11)

Is this the Lord Jesus Christ who they are worshiping?......The ONE who is to come?......The ONE who created all things?

The ONE who sits on the throne?

Hi JoeCanada, Thanks for your input. We are looking at the divine disclosure in spiritually symbolic sequences, starting with the seven letters dictated by Christ, who identifies Himself in each much as John observed and later more or less described. The next sequence leading up to the seven seals and their opening, begins by John becoming acquainted with the heavenly throne room. 

We cannot define the Divine Presence whom John observes seated on the throne beyond what is written. I hesitate to use the word "metaphysical" because it is not a biblical term, so instead I simply declare that God presents Himself in any way He likes, in any aspect, and in any manner He sees fit. The original language of Greek doesn't even have the word "One" in the manuscript, so the emphasis is on the throne being occupied in a spectacle of exquisite glory, it being an awesome throne from which all the qualities, functions, and directives of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit go forth in agreement. 

As quoted previously, Col 1:15 - 17 , Jesus is the image of the invisible God, and by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.