IGNORED

Communicating with our Heavenly Father...

Gayla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

At times, do you ever feel like you are unable to communicate and even express what is on your heart when I pray? Yet you are so heavy with burden and do not know which way to turn? I believe that many of us struggle sometimes with prayer. But the apostle Paul wrote,

“The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God”
(Romans 8:26-27)

The Holy Spirit will clearly communicate our thoughts and desires in harmony with the Father’s purposes even when we are unable to do so and this is what will make prayer work!

In chapter 8 of Paul’s letter to the Romans, he uses the word groan or groaning three times (vv. 22-23, 26). But, each sigh comes with hope: All creation groans like a mother in labor (v. 22). With a taste (“firstfruit”) of Christ’s Spirit, we groan in anticipation of a better day (vv. 23-25; see also Galatians 5:22-23). And as we groan, the Spirit of God groans with us and for us (Romans 8:26-27)—understanding far better than we do that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Spirit and the privilege of prayer that we have with You. Help me to lean on Your Spirit in moments when I don’t even know how to pray.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Romans 8:34

New International Version
Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore He is able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Acts 2:24
But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

Romans 5:6
For at just the right time, while we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies of God, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!

Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

From page at https://biblehub.com/romans/8-34.htm

Edited by simplejeff
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

1 hour ago, Gayla said:
At times, do you ever feel like you are unable to communicate and even express what is on your heart when I pray? Yet you are so heavy with burden and do not know which way to turn? I believe that many of us struggle sometimes with prayer. But the apostle Paul wrote,

“The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God”
(Romans 8:26-27)

The Holy Spirit will clearly communicate our thoughts and desires in harmony with the Father’s purposes even when we are unable to do so and this is what will make prayer work!

In chapter 8 of Paul’s letter to the Romans, he uses the word groan or groaning three times (vv. 22-23, 26). But, each sigh comes with hope: All creation groans like a mother in labor (v. 22). With a taste (“firstfruit”) of Christ’s Spirit, we groan in anticipation of a better day (vv. 23-25; see also Galatians 5:22-23). And as we groan, the Spirit of God groans with us and for us (Romans 8:26-27)—understanding far better than we do that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Spirit and the privilege of prayer that we have with You. Help me to lean on Your Spirit in moments when I don’t even know how to pray.

God is truth and we need to be truthfull in our prayers.

We are all far to used to pasting a smile on and going to church, where we pretend that everything is wonderful.

God knows when we are screeming in side. When all we can cry is 'Why! followed by obcenities!'

If we can't be honest with fellow christians how are we going to be honest with God?

What makes this totaly ridiculous is. We think God doesn't know!  How stupid is that!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

He absolutely does know everything about us.

• Thumbs Up 1