Gayla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

No parent is perfect all of the time. None can be available all the time — physically or emotionally. From time to time, parents will mess up and make mistakes, sometimes fatal mistakes.

Maybe that’s your story, though hopefully not. But here’s something that is each of our stories. We all have a daddy who loves us. That is God the Father.

When Jesus taught His disciples to pray, He said, “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you … your Father knows what you need before you ask him. This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven … ’” (Matthew 6:6,8b-9a).

In Galatians 4:6, Paul wrote: “And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, ‘Abba, Father.”

The God of the universe who created the heavens and the earth, who always has been and always will be, who’s all knowing, all powerful, and present everywhere at once — that same God invites you to call Him Abba Father. He said, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters …” (2 Corinthians 6:18a).

No matter what kind of father you had as a child or even as an adult, here’s one thing I want you to remember: You have a heavenly Father who loves and adores you. You’re the apple of your Daddy’s eye. (Psalm 17:8)

Heavenly Father, oh how I love You. Thank You for adopting me into Your family and making me Your child. Thank You for being my heavenly parent who loves me no matter what, cares for me so greatly and provides for all my needs. I’m so blessed to be Your child. And I give you all the glory and honor.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Psalm 17 English Standard Version (ESV)

In the Shadow of Your Wings

A Prayer of David.

17 Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry!
    Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!
From your presence let my vindication come!
    Let your eyes behold the right!

You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night,
    you have tested me, and you will find nothing;
    I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.
With regard to the works of man, by the word of your lips
    I have avoided the ways of the violent.
My steps have held fast to your paths;
    my feet have not slipped.

I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
    incline your ear to me; hear my words.
Wondrously show your steadfast love,
    O Savior of those who seek refuge
    from their adversaries at your right hand.

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings,
from the wicked who do me violence,
    my deadly enemies who surround me.

10 They close their hearts to pity;
    with their mouths they speak arrogantly.
11 They have now surrounded our steps;
    they set their eyes to cast us to the ground.
12 He is like a lion eager to tear,
    as a young lion lurking in ambush.

13 Arise, O Lord! Confront him, subdue him!
    Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword,
14 from men by your hand, O Lord,
    from men of the world whose portion is in this life.

You fill their womb with treasure;[c]
    they are satisfied with children,
    and they leave their abundance to their infants.

15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
    when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 Corinthians 6:18a is a quote from Ezekiel 37 pertaining to a specific people :

I Will Be Their God; They Shall Be My People

The word of the Lord came to me:  “Son of man, take a stick and write on it, ‘For Judah, and the people of Israel associated with him’; then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph (the stick of Ephraim) and all the house of Israel associated with him.’  And join them one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand.  And when your people say to you, ‘Will you not tell us what you mean by these?’ say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am about to take the stick of Joseph (that is in the hand of Ephraim) and the tribes of Israel associated with him. And I will join with it the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, that they may be one in my hand.  When the sticks on which you write are in your hand before their eyes,  then say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms.  They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes.  They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever.  I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  Then the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

This hits especially true when both your parents have passed away. You rely on, and need the Lord to be your Father even more. And praise God, as he does fulfill that role.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We are the children of God. The reason the world doesn't know us is because it did not know Him 1 John 3:1.

We are heirs of God the Father and co-heirs of Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Shalom,

How can we love the Eternal ? So many people in this world say they love, but don't love in the good manner or perfectly (the love of the world).

Our creator is love, he knows better than us how to love, how to give a real love. We need to ask his thoughts and follow his commandments.

1Corinthians 8:3  But if any man love God, the same is known of him. 

1John 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 

Peace.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, Coemgen said:

How can we love the Eternal ?

Obey His Commands.   Choose to do what He Says, that is love, for Him and for people.  What He Says To DO is BEST for ALL.  So DO HIS WORD.   THIS IS WHAT YAHUWEH SAYS IS LOVE.  (obedience to HIS WORD - HEAR HIS WORD, and DO IT)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

great topic I needed to hear this today :)  although my stepfathers are all still alive I do not have any contact with 2 of them,  the 3rd one I do have contact :)