Gayla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It is very hard to trust someone we don't know, yet that is the secret of learning to trust God. When someone says, "Trust me," we have one of two reactions. Either we can say, "Yes, I'll trust you blindly," or we can say, "Why should I?" In God's case, trusting Him will naturally follow when we understand why we should. And understanding why we should comes from knowing Him, learning about Him by praying to Him and reading our Bibles which will give us great insight to Him and what He has and continues to do for us.

God is worthy of our trust. Unlike men, He never lies and never fails to fulfill His promises. "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19; Psalm 89:34). Unlike men, He has the power to bring to pass what He plans and purposes to do. Isaiah 14:24 tells us, "The LORD Almighty has sworn, 'Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.'" His plans are perfect, holy, and righteous, and He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His holy purpose (Romans 8:28). If we endeavor to know God through His Word, we will see that He is worthy of our trust, and our trust in Him will grow daily. To know Him is to trust Him.

He has proven Himself to be trustworthy in our lives and the lives of others. In 1 Kings 8:56 we read, "Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises He gave through his servant Moses." The record of God's promises is in His Word for all to see, as is the record of their fulfillment. Historical documents verify those events and speak of God's faithfulness to His people. Every Christian can give personal testimony to God's trustworthiness as we see His work in our lives, fulfilling His promises to save our souls and use us for His purposes (Ephesians 2:8-10) and comfort us with the peace that passes all understanding as we run the race He has planned out for us (Philippians 4:6-7; Hebrews 12:1). The more we experience His grace, faithfulness, and goodness, the more we trust Him (Psalm 100:5; Isaiah 25:1).

Another reason to trust God is that we really have no sensible alternative. Should we trust in ourselves or in others who are sinful, unpredictable, unreliable, have limited wisdom, and who frequently make bad choices and decisions swayed by emotion? Or do we trust in the all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful, gracious, merciful, loving God who has good intentions for us? The choice should be obvious, but we fail to trust God because we don't know Him or because we cannot see Him physically. It is difficult sometimes to trust in someone who is essentially a stranger to us, but that is easily remedied. God has not made Himself difficult to find or know.

All we need to know about God, He has graciously made available to us in the Bible, His holy Word to His people. To know God is to trust Him. Start a daily routine with Him today so that you can learn to trust Him by personally getting to know Him.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I like to say that you can tell how much faith someone has in their brakes by how fast they drive. And that faith is earned. It's earned by using the brakes and seeing their effect, time and time again. In a way, you have a relationship with your brakes. 

My faith in God has grown substantially over the decades in the same way. And at the end of the day, it's not about my faith, but His. In fact, of the two miraculous healings my wife and I have experienced, the second one was the result of a prayer where I point blank said to Him that my faith was not strong enough but I know his is. 

My goal is to get to the point Paul was at when he was bitten by a poisonous snake and simply shook it off and went on with what he was doing. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Yet what do we trust in?  Most of us have money in the bank, a steady job, a home, we're healthy, educated and generaly able to cope with all that life can throw at us.

Yes, recognise yourself?

It is when the above changes, a child is rushed to A+E, your job disapears, ones health goes

Then one has to trust God. Then one has to decide do I trust God even though my child/partner could be/is dying, even though I have no money, no job.

It helps if one learns about the goodness and faithfullness of God when times are good so one can lean on that knowledge and find the means to trus, have faith in God.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I loved this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

16 hours ago, Who me said:

Yet what do we trust in?  Most of us have money in the bank, a steady job, a home, we're healthy, educated and generaly able to cope with all that life can throw at us.

Yes, recognise yourself?

It is when the above changes, a child is rushed to A+E, your job disapears, ones health goes

Then one has to trust God. Then one has to decide do I trust God even though my child/partner could be/is dying, even though I have no money, no job.

It helps if one learns about the goodness and faithfullness of God when times are good so one can lean on that knowledge and find the means to trus, have faith in God.

This is so true. Its tougher when you have no foundation and times are rough.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, Who me said:

Yes!

However I don't know about this idea of trust. God did not say trust me when he called me specifically. Instead He used Job, the word of God with understanding of it revealed by the Holy Spirit and to  be experienced  in many parallels or similarity as I was led to my own repentance and awakening born again.

Trust had little if anything at all to do with it. I didn't want it, didn't have any desire at all, yet there I  was face to face with reality- God is. God is sovereign, and I will serve Him. I started immediately as I read the Book of job the first book of the Bible that I read. thought  I had been living much like it, only I found out it had barely begun, the trail ahead was to  get ever so much more difficult to endure, yet the command was there. I was to serve Him and learn to serve Him in more and yet more than I ever would have thought would be required of me a tiny speck of a little cog  in the plan  that is the sovereignty of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

yes true we should trust God :)