I do not like that my eyes wander. Women are worth more and deserve more.

Even if some blame can be placed on a woman if her body is on display, I still believe it wrong for me to look. I have been attempting to train my eyes to "bounce away" when it occurs, but it's like I have magnets on my eyes. I can bounce away, but unfortunately, the eyes often bounce back. I'd rather honestly just not even experience that pull to begin with, you know?

As such, I am posting here to see if anyone can offer advice. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, BrutalHeart said:

Even if some blame can be placed on a woman if her body is on display, I still believe it wrong for me to look. I have been attempting to train my eyes to "bounce away" when it occurs, but it's like I have magnets on my eyes. I can bounce away, but unfortunately, the eyes often bounce back. I'd rather honestly just not even experience that pull to begin with, you know?

Hey hey… First of all, it doesn’t sound like, to me, that you even have a brutal ❤️.  Maybe you could change your username to “TenderHeart” :).

Truly, though, I blame women for the way they dress nowadays; utterly shameful.  I hope some guys here can offer you some helpful advice.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BrutalHeart said:

We find the femail form attractive and it is natural to look. That is not the problem. The problem is when admiration slips across the line into lust.

So admire the pretty girls, but watch what you are staring at and watch what you are thinking.

This is easier than trying not to notice girls.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BrutalHeart said:

It is natural for a man to look and admire a beautiful woman. But when you are looking are you sinning? 

I was reading a bit on the psychology of worrying. Not sure it's 100% applicable here but maybe you can put it to use sometimes. It was said that when people are directly trying not to think about something that tends to draw attention to the thing they're worrying about. Finding something to distract ourselves with tends to be more successful.

2 hours ago, Who me said:

So admire the pretty girls, but watch what you are staring at and watch what you are thinking.

This is easier than trying not to notice girls.

It maybe a bit early in the the thread, but this looks like the best advice I've seen so far. Staying tuned...

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

21 hours ago, BrutalHeart said:

What is helpful, perhaps, is to have other things to think about, so when you see something that is sexually alluring, you can immediately take your mind off of it and onto the other things.

23 hours ago, BrutalHeart said:

Read Romans 7 into 8

There is a first look and then there is continuing to look. I am not a man but I think if u look to long u are tempting yourself to sin. Look at her face. At first glance if a woman is dressed provocatively do not keep looking...this is looking for trouble.  

Jesus said Looking at a woman with lust is committing adultry in your heart. 

Plus if one is married dont look at all except face ...Job was very careful about this..sorry on phone dont have verse. 

We have to be in tune with what we are feeling and thinking.