Sign in to follow this  
missmuffet

Does God test us?

What do you think?

Yes. He has to. To know whats in our heart.. Also to seperate wheat from tares. 

Tests can help to strengthen us.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

God is transforming us into the image of His Son......testing our faith to make it grow is a  vital part of that work 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What do you think?

I think it is an all essay test. No grading on the curve either.

Seriously  though I haven't felt tested as much as led to challenges in being a productive willing bond servant. For I too have been given assets ( talents and even some finances) to use, much as the parable of the master's three servants that were given of his wealth  to tend while he was gone. One  buried it, one conservatively invested it, and the other risked and worked it.

Seems there may be a test for each of us, and we can just sit at home on top of the assets given each to tend  or we can make some small gain  or we can go all out using the capital our creator has given us responsibility over. 

So a test? Yes, and to whom much  is given... Luke 12:48

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

The biggest test could well be when Yashua says....'Come, follow me.

There is only ONE TRUE JESUS......but MANY false ones who also use the same name, yet deceive all who follow them. Since scripture tells us that the whole world is deceived one would assume that to be everybody, even we ourselves. I know that I was deceived for 50 years UNTIL God opened my eyes to see the TRUE YASHUA/Jesus.

The name JESUS/YASHUA needs to be applied to the ONE  TRUE LORD.....not  the FALSE one  introduced to christianity by UNgodly men  whose agenda was/is  to DECEIVE and lead people AWAY from the TRUTH. 

So, the biggest test for most Christians may well be YET to come !

Job was tested because of the accusers of the brethren who accuse God's people day n night.

• Thumbs Up 1

Satan has his hands full when he steps up to accuse me of sin.....God says  “ what sin? I forgot all of them, when he came to me for help as a lost sinner who put his trust in my Son. As a side- note, BB was so appreciative of the Grace that he  in no way deserved, I noticed that his percentage of sins per day really plummeted! Less sinning ,even though he knew he could “ get away with it”as far as his Salvation was concerned.Why, it was If the total forgiveness I gave him stirred up Love and a heart - felt desire to please me. Who would have thunk it?”

8 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Satan has his hands full when he steps up to accuse me of sin.....God says  “ what sin? I forgot all of them, when he came to me for help as a lost sinner who put his trust in my Son. As a side- note, BB was so appreciative of the Grace that he  in no way deserved, I noticed that his percentage of sins per day really plummeted! Less sinning ,even though he knew he could “ get away with it”as far as his Salvation was concerned.Why, it was If the total forgiveness I gave him stirred up Love and a heart - felt desire to please me. Who would have thunk it?”

…and then God says of you, BB…

Psalm 91:14-16 New International Version (NIV)

14 “Because he[a] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What do you think?

I think as in Job's case, God lets Satan test us, and God allows it.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, other one said:

I think as in Job's case, God lets Satan test us, and God allows it.  

Hmm,  I will have to rethink that viewpoint. Always interesting here on the  forums. Perhaps a subject for a thread of it's own. I have question for as I remember it was God that started the conversation and challenged Satan with Job when He said to Satan ... have you considered my servant Job? I will have to think that one through for a bit. Always love going back to Job the first book of the Bible the one that God the Holy Spirit  used to led me to  God the son our Lord Jesus.

In any case one might say Job went through a lot of distress, and plain ol' horrors. Mostly though wasn't he passive rather than active, the problems just kept a coming and yet he accepted them as being from God. Said to his wife, shall  we  accept good from God and not evil?.... seems to me he accepted his plight as coming from God.

The concept of God doesn't do but instead just allows is not what I end up concluding when I read through situations told us in the Bible. Least it is not the way I see it to date.

Yep, perhaps a good one for a separate thread topic. Has my interest peaked  on a Saturday morning. Thanks.

• This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this