nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

to some christianity is a spiritual journey to go on, to others it is a pursuit for study, and for many it is in the background of their life, something to call upon in time of need, but for me it is an all consuming way of life that permeates everything i do and makes me who i am.  what is the faith to u? a way of life or just a part of your life?  is it life changing or something u take for granted?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, nobleseed said:

all consuming way of life that permeates everything i do and makes me who i am. 

Gal 2:20 NKJV  I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, nobleseed said:

to some christianity is a spiritual journey to go on, to others it is a pursuit for study, and for many it is in the background of their life, something to call upon in time of need, but for me it is an all consuming way of life that permeates everything i do and makes me who i am.  what is the faith to u? a way of life or just a part of your life?  is it life changing or something u take for granted?

My experience is like yours..... “all consuming”....... and I LOVE it! Jesus talked about a Life “ More Abundant”. I got it .  The Chief of Sinners , blessed beyond belief,because I did what God ordered me to do— rest in His Gospel. 1Cor15:1-4  Try It......you’ll like it!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

All consuming? Gee I don't know. God grabbed onto me, turned me about, and gave me a new life. Guess that pretty much has consumed what once was. Whatever it is, it is all of God and by none of me. I am a private in a vast army with many many higher ranking soldiers, I just stand my post until told, Soldier your new orders are....

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, nobleseed said:

but for me it is an all consuming way of life that permeates everything i do and makes me who i am. 

I've heard it said, "a person doesn't change overnight." I'd have to totally disagree with that statement. Instantly when I was saved and repented the 'old me' died; my thoughts, actions and want to's did a one eighty. I instantly became more sensitive to sin and didn't like it anymore, and I wanted to live a righteous life following Christ. As Gal 2:20 quoted from scripture above, I'm a new man in Christ, whom loved me personally so dearly He died for my sins. 

My human mind can't fathom the love and extent the Lord went to so we could be His children. Though I still sin and have my share of faults, I grow and mature daily and strive to follow in Christ's foot steps. I don't believe my "old beer buddies" would recognize whom I am today?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, nobleseed said:

I think I would describe my faith as an all-consuming thing. I think you left out a category of people: People who use Christianity as a means for self-aggrandizement. These are the trouble-makers and there are a lot of them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

My faith is my Love for our Savior and His guide as to how I should be living my life and serving Him.

Just my two bits,  JJ