Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

This area seems to be one of the busiest so I'm putting this topic here.   Just something fun to share....

What is the view from your front door?

I see two old apartment buildings across the street with a gated yard between them.   On the main street behind them, I can see the top of a tall, modern apartment building.   When I look to the West, I see a tall, historic art deco building.   When I look East, I see a very large, imposing, old, ornate apartment building.   There are also trees, flowers and bushes on my small street.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Little pink House for you and me.

On the surface it is quite suburban beautiful slightly upscale. Inside the doorways, there is need of our Lord Jesus for each and everyone.

Like within the song  my very nice front door opens to a thread much like the many asphalt ribbon threads that make up suburban  America USA. The homes compete within their "class", new lawns on some old weeds on others, but as a whole on the upswing.

My SWAT Leader neighbor is mowing his lawn, my drug dealer neighbor is quiet, my elderly neighbor is exercising walking her driveway with her walker. 

My own view is changing as it seems some 14 Peacocks are walking through the front lawns, oh oh hope they are just on a scouting mission and not setting up home sites for themselves. The sand cranes and the Rosy Bills plus the Blue Cranes will not enjoy their company. The House rented through Section 8 has been quiet for a few weeks, no police activity, no guns drawn entry in some time now.

Yep my door opens to American suburbia.

"Little Pink Houses for You And Me."

Praise God for the opportunity to be here regardless of the view of the moment, for so many have not any view except the flying feet of those running from tyrannies of many sorts in the world of turmoil, so sad so harsh a life to have to life, yet yes it is fun to look out the front door, and a great blessing to have a front door onto any view.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, Debp said:

This area seems to be one of the busiest so I'm putting this topic here.   Just something fun to share....

What is the view from your front door?

I see two old apartment buildings across the street with a gated yard between them.   On the main street behind them, I can see the top of a tall, modern apartment building.   When I look to the West, I see a tall, historic art deco building.   When I look East, I see a very large, imposing, old, ornate apartment building.   There are also trees, flowers and bushes on my small street.

I live in a second-floor condo. I look out and have fir trees partially blocking my view. Beyond that is part of our parking lot. To my right are more condos, most of which are rented out. To my left is a street, and across the street is a church that looks like a big store. A little farther away is a similar building. A little farther down, at the corner is a Latino grocery store with a deli.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Well, it USED TO BE palms swaying in the breeze, iridescent flowers (ice plant) and bougainvillea plants everywhere... the sweet scent of lavender in the air, Jacarandas blooms carpeted the ground... the hilly mesas of the seaside desert that is San Diego. Whiffffff ahhhhhhhhh. {sigh}

Now we have a wonderful home with a back yard that backs up to a former peach orchard that will be a new neighborhood development (once all the legal haranguing is done). The shade trees provide comfort from the humid June heat. The front door opens to the street and neighborhood houses. 

We miss San Diego less and less as the years pass. It WAS (from 1994 - 2008) second only to the Garden of Eden.

But it's changed. overgrown, filled with lots of homeless folks (I'm told).

We will always miss the almost daily walks on the beach by the ocean (La Jolla, Del Mar, Carlsbad)...

but we are quite happy with the home State we returned to after our 14 year vacation in San Diego.

Edited by JohnD
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I see my Jeep. With the dent in the bumper from a teenager who back into it with her father's truck when I was at the swimming pool last week. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

There's a very old two story apartment, with rooms of various sizes to accommodate one to several people. It's been renovated several times to keep it habitable and up to code. behind it are single floor family apartments, that were built many years after. The demographics have changed tremendously over the years. The majority of the property has been segmented to make a parking area in as much as possible. Asphalt has been greatly improved, and is nice and level now.

What worries me from time to time, is this extremely large valley oak tree. It's never been pruned as far as I can tell. And the problem with these particular oaks, are the shallow root system they have. With no watering going on with this one like most, they eventually topple over and crash where they will. No matter which direction it does, means certain property damage. And it could reach the home here. Hopefully not. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I live in the country in the forest. I see trees, deer,rabbits, a cascading creek, many birds, flowers. 

well... :45: okay. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.50
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Funny you should ask. I hope I have some pictures of how dramatically the view has changed. When my husband and I moved here a year ago minus a couple weeks he began to pray specifically for the mess across the street and for the prosperity of this area - it's depressed compared to surrounding areas. There were 2 abandoned wooden warehouses and some broken down boats and cranes owned by a defunct entity called the Wareham Steamship Authority. It has all been cleared away so now there is an empty lot and the river. Yay!

We live in a restored 19th century captain's house with 8 apartments in it. We are on the 2nd floor and have several windows facing the river. To the left as you face the street there is a small hospital and beyond that a small downtown area. To the right a block away is a yacht club. Behind us are houses with some businesses sprinkled in. Because we are "the gateway to cape cod" now is the time when traffic gets very heavy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1