• Days Won:  0

The total mystery of Godliness,

1. seen made known in the earth,
2. justified in the Spirit, 
3. seen of angels.
4. preached unto the Gentiles,
5. believed on in the world,
6. received up into glory..

Mysteriously, all of these testimonies come together through the written word..

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1. 1 Corinthians 15:For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

2. 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

3. Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

4. Romans 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

5. John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

6. John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/17/2019 at 6:31 AM, gordon7777 said:

. Several hundred years ago men got bibles, but that did not mean they were saved

Never said they were, as you KNOW

It is only your claim they were saved, you cannot back up your claim.

It is wrong again, we have the Lord in us, not to help draw strength from the Lord,

The Lord is my God and my strength, as the word I hid in my heart tells me.

We have no greater ability to hit the target, as the ability only comes when the Lord is in control of us, and we allow HIs Sirit to talk through us, not we ourselves.

I'm not a robot, gordon. I sin. So do you, as I have seen. I choose to sin or not. God shows me the way, not forces the way. I make the choice. So do you.

It makes no difference if a person sins less

Duh......

if they transgress they have neither the Son nor the Father and are antichrist..

I transgress, you transgress, gordon. We both transgress.    sin.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, ''and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ'', hath not God.
A sin is a transgression against God.

I realize gordon,  you have no desire whatsoever to have dialog, or conversation, or fellowship, to discuss scripture, or learn.
I desire to learn, to edify, to help, and to acknowledge faulty thinking, or incorrect interpretation of the word.
You accuse me of saying things that were untrue, and where you get these ideas I can only suspect.
I am constantly having to defend myself trying to show you how you misunderstand my post.
We obviously are not on the same channel, and I feel I am talking to a blank screen.
I, AGAIN, wish you well, and ask God to bless you with His BEST for you.
Good night...............
default_cool2.gif.a3a152c778eec604332a35250259df5f.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Sower said:

The Lord is my God and my strength, as the word I hid in my heart tells me.

I'm not a robot, gordon. I sin. So do you, as I have seen. I choose to sin or not. God shows me the way, not forces the way. I make the choice. So do you.

Duh......

I transgress, you transgress, gordon. We both transgress.    sin.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, ''and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ'', hath not God.
A sin is a transgression against God.

I realize gordon,  you have no desire whatsoever to have dialog, or conversation, or fellowship, to discuss scripture, or learn.
I desire to learn, to edify, to help, and to acknowledge faulty thinking, or incorrect interpretation of the word.
You accuse me of saying things that were untrue, and where you get these ideas I can only suspect.
I am constantly having to defend myself trying to show you how you misunderstand my post.
We obviously are not on the same channel, and I feel I am talking to a blank screen.
I, AGAIN, wish you well, and ask God to bless you with His BEST for you.
Good night...............
default_cool2.gif.a3a152c778eec604332a35250259df5f.gif

"Psalm 119:11  "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Thy WORD (God's) have I hid, not thy BIBLE word.
A large amount of people are/were  saved without a bible.
(for several hundreds of  years)"

"The Lord is my God and my strength, as the word I hid in my heart tells me."

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

It is correct, the Lord judges on Judgement day who is saved, was saved, a man is presumptious and speaks as if he knows anything..

2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

As for hiding the word in the heart, it is so we sin not against the Lord, not very well hidden when we still sin.

Psalm 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Do these show sinning or show it is prevented, don't bother looking at them, they cant be for you right ?

Psalms 119:35-40 Make me to go in the path of
thy commandments,for therein do i delight,incline my heart
to thy testimonies and not to coveteousness,turn away mine
eyes from beholding vanity,and quicken
  thou me in thy way,stablish thy word unto thy servant,who
is devoted to thy fear:for thy judgements are good.Behold i
have longed for thy precepts:quicken me in thy
righteousness.119:44.Take not thy word utterly out of my
mouth,so shall i keep thy law continually for ever and
ever.17:4 By the word of thy lips i have kept me from the
paths of the destroyer. 119:66 Teach me continually good
knowledge and judgement:for i have believed thy
commandments.119:18 Open thou mine eyes,that i may behold
wondrous things out of thy law.119:73 Give me understanding
that i may learn thy
  commandments.119:102-103 I have not departed from thy
judgements:for thou hast taught me,how sweet are thy words
to my taste,yea,sweeter than honey to my mouth!119:117-120
Hold thou me up and i shall be safe:and i will have respect
unto thy statutes continually.Thou hast trodden down all
them that err from thy statutes:for their deceit is
falsehood.Thou puttest away all the wicked of
  the earth like dross:therefore i love thy testimonies.My
flesh trembleth for fear of thee,and i am afraid of thy
judgements.119:126 It is time for thee lord to work:for they
have made void thy law.119:127 I love thy commandments above
gold,yea above fine gold.Therefore i esteem all thy precepts
concerning all things to be right and i hate every false
way.119:140 Thy word is pure therefore thy servant loveth
it.119:142/151 Thy law is the truth.All thy commandments are
truth.119:144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is
everlasting:give me understanding and i shall
  live.119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning! and every
one of thy righteous judgements endureth forever.119:162 My
heart standeth in awe of thy words,as one that findeth great
spoil.

"This enables me to recognize His targets He shows me, so I have a greater ability to hit the mark, His target.
And sin (miss mark) less.
This also enables me to focus on abiding, in fellowship (my heart condemns me not), in the true vine, Jesus."

Did Christ give teaching anywhere in your bible to sin less ? Surely they are only your words and not the word of the Lord ?

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

"I'm not a robot, gordon. I sin. So do you, as I have seen. I choose to sin or not. God shows me the way, not forces the way. I make the choice. So do you."

When the law of Christ is writtn in the heart, what happens, choosing to sin, or God chose us to sin not ?

Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

"I transgress, you transgress, gordon. We both transgress.    sin.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, ''and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ'', hath not God.
A sin is a transgression against God."

A sin is a transgression against God and against man who is made in the image of God and sin is the transgression of the law( of Christ)

You quoted again that whoever transgresses and abides not in the doctrine of Christ has not God, yet claim you have Him anyway, contrary to His own words, which you also claim you have in your heart.

The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression..

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart,that there is no fear of god before his eyes.for he flattereth himself in his own eyes.until his iniquity be found to be
hateful.The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit

Psalm 36:1-4 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart,that there is no fear of god before his eyes.for he flattereth
  himself in his own eyes.until his iniquity be found to be hateful.The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit:he
hath left off to be wise and to do good.He deviseth mischief,he setteth himself in a way that is not good,he abhorreth not evil

Whosoever commit  sin transgresses also the law..

1 John 3:4 Whosoever commit  sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression
of the law. 

2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresses and abideth
not in the doctrine of Christ hath not God, abide in the
doctrine of Christ to have the son and the father. James

If ye have respect unto persons ye commit sin and
you are convinced of the law as transgressors,..

James 2:10-12 If ye have respect unto persons ye commit sin and
you are convinced of the law as transgressors, for whosoever
shall keep the whole law and yet offend in one point he is
guilty of all. 

Every transgression and disobedience received a just  recompence of reward...

Hebrews 2:2 Every transgression and disobedience received a just
  recompence of reward, so how shall we escape if neglect so great a salvation? 

Acts 1:25 The son of perdition Judas fell by transgression.

Ezekiel 20:38 I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/16/2019 at 9:38 AM, johnthebaptist said:

The Good Book quotes the Lord, and we must do his bidding. I think, though, some people treat the Bible as if it was the Lord.

Some want to ignore the Bible because they they know better than God.  They don't believe in inerrancy of scripture or they wouldn't say things like that.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/16/2019 at 7:15 PM, johnthebaptist said:

The goal, I think, is to develop a personal relationship with the Lord. The Bible teaches us how.

It does a lot more than that.  It is the very word of God.  It is absolute truth.  If what you hear when you ask God something disagrees with the gospels or epistles, you didn't hear from God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

In my humble opinion and my thoughts, our Bible is God's inerrant, infallible Word to man that will last forever. 

It answered all of our basic questions that naturally come to the human mind at some point in our lifetimes. The; who are we; where did we come from; why are we here; where are we going and why; what should we be doing; who exactly is our Creator; the history and genealogy of man and all that is; and what does the future hold for us and why? It's a love story of no greater love ever told or displayed. 

The Bible is the complete word of God, there will be no more additions forthcoming. That is not to say the Holy Spirit is not active today reveling truths to God's children. 

• Thumbs Up 2