• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

In this day and age I consider myself a conservative, but in another day and age, I might be considered a liberal. Here’s the deal: 

Liberals, you seem to believe it’s not necessary to obey the Lord’s commandments. My experience is that when I sin, my life fills with trouble. Of course we’re supposed to obey the Lord’s commandments! 

Conservatives, I believe the Word of the Lord is those instances when the Lord (God or Jesus) is quoted in the Bible. Does the Lord say anything in the Bible that would suggest otherwise?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Romans3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

That and Jesus also said that heaven and earth would pass away befgore the law did and that if we LOVE him, we would OBEY his commands.

Who gave the 10 commandments?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,398
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I completely hear you. IMO conservative and liberal (along with Republican and Democrat) have, at least in the United States, shifted in terms of what they mean and represent.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I see conservatives and liberals as one wants to conserve, that which the other wants to be liberated from. 

And that would be the definition of right and wrong. 

(my thinks)

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I consider myself a conservative, I have old fashion'd morals when it comes to family, responsibilities, law an respect. My faith reveals my conservatism as well, I believe in and love my Lord n Savior, the King James is my Good book (many versions seem to stray from or change God's word IMO) , and I believe we are here to serve God by lovin' n servin' one another. Liberals these days are only God fearin' when it suits their agenda, this to me is a direct affront to God.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I completely hear you. IMO conservative and liberal (along with Republican and Democrat) have, at least in the United States, shifted in terms of what they mean and represent.

I don't see that Republicans have changed much, but Democrats have moved toward being social progressives....   and progressives have just renamed themselves for back in the 70's and 80's we called them communists.....    the Democratic party has been taken over.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/16/2019 at 6:59 PM, johnthebaptist said:

In this day and age I consider myself a conservative, but in another day and age, I might be considered a liberal. Here’s the deal: 

Liberals, you seem to believe it’s not necessary to obey the Lord’s commandments. My experience is that when I sin, my life fills with trouble. Of course we’re supposed to obey the Lord’s commandments! 

Conservatives, I believe the Word of the Lord is those instances when the Lord (God or Jesus) is quoted in the Bible. Does the Lord say anything in the Bible that would suggest otherwise?

Before I go off on a rant like I sometimes do on here.  I should ask if you are comparing "conservative Christians to liberal Christians".   Or is this more of a political topic?   

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

37 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Before I go off on a rant like I sometimes do on here.  I should ask if you are comparing "conservative Christians to liberal Christians".   Or is this more of a political topic?   

No, I am not comparing the two. As for it being political, it might depend on how you define "political." There are politics in church, but I prefer to stay out of that. I am trying to keep to basics.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

From a Christianity standpoint, in terms of liberal vs. conservative from a political perspective, which a decision that has great moral consequences, I honestly do not understand how one can identify as a Christian and still say they are liberal (Democratic) in the political regard.  It blows my mind.  It's no secret at all that the Democratic party champions both homosexuality and the murder of babies (aka abortion)  From their own website:

https://democrats.org/about/party-platform/

Democrats applaud last year’s decision by the Supreme Court that recognized that LGBT people—like other Americans—have the right to marry the person they love.

and on abortion...

Democrats are committed to protecting and advancing reproductive health, rights, and justice. We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion—regardless of where she lives, how much money she makes, or how she is insured.

I only copy and pasted so there's no controversy as to whether or not the Democratic party supports them.

Homosexuality is detestable before God to the point where entire cities were destroyed (Sodom and Gomorrah) the Canaanites were utterly wiped out because of their extreme evil, and among the worst of their evils was them killing their babies for a fake god.  We might not be killing our babies for a fake god, but killing babies is among the vilest of evils and is completely unacceptable – and the Democratic party protects that “right” for women.  It's one thing in the rare exception where a mother's life is in danger, but in the vast majority of cases, abortions are done because a child is not convenient for a mother - disgustingly evil, completely unacceptable, and selfishly despicable. 

I’m not saying that the Republican party is perfect – but they don’t support vile sin like homosexuality and murdering of babies.  If the Republican party embraced this kind of evil, I would drop them in a heartbeat.  No joke.  Abortion at minimum equals but likely surpasses Hitler mas-murdering Jews - people are mass-murdering hundreds of thousands (not far from a million) of babies every year.  Abortion is among the most evil and revolting of actions that a human being is capable of committing.  Things like border control, debates on how the economy should be run, etc. is one thing - they are debatable positions.  But there is absolutely no debating these two sins, and the Democratic party shoves them down people's throat.

Even if a person doesn’t personally condone these two sins, you have to realize that anybody who casts a vote for the Democratic party is giving support to and empowering a party that literally enables the murdering of babies and the spread of homosexuality.  The voter, who might personally be against these sins yet supports them by empowering a party that does support and enable them.

So no matter what one’s beef with Republicans, Trump, whoever or whatever, I want people to understand the magnitude of what a Democratic vote empowers and by extension, what that means for the person who casts the vote.  Whatever positive thing about the Democratic party that one might like can't possibly compare to or reverse what I've said. 

I don't understand it, I don't understand at all.  If a Christian attends a KKK rally, other Christians would be up in arms.  But if a Christian attends a Democratic party rally, a party which literally enables baby murdering and homosexuality and another Christian confronts them... they will likely defend the Democratic party (I'm speaking in general terms, not pointing anybody in particular out).  I don't understand. My question is, why would anybody vote Democratic?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/16/2019 at 5:59 PM, johnthebaptist said:

LOL.. I usually step way back to see an issue.

I see

Democrats market themselfs as the accepting, caring, charitable, emotionally moved heart of the nation and project in their marketing that conservatives are arrogant, heartless  self serving narrsasists, homophobes, Nazis White supressist womanizer. In my opinion most the people DNC offers up are carpetbagers 

Conservatives market themselves as ethical, moral, logical, gatekeepers of the constitution and trimmers of the government corruption and waist tree. They project the image in marketing of Demicrats Being controlling, manipulating, intimidating, emotional, ilogical, unethical, JEZABEL . Most the people RNC offers up are self serving Schusters.

When old yeller has rabies the democrats are the truamatized broken hearted irrational that want to keep him and protect him and save him. Conservatives know you have to shoot him, so he doesn't spread rabies and go through all that suffering of the disease himself. 

Mind or emotion the 2 in competition for dominance,  same struggle we have in the church. Same struggle we have in ourselves. We are suppose to have both and keep both dicplined. 

Feelings or common science is not an either or, we should have both.