• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think something we miss - or at least, I do, sometimes - is that the Lord means it when he says we are forgiven for our sins. When we repent, the Lord forgives us. Satan is busy trying to scare us with gloom and doom thoughts, in an effort to discourage us, but the Lord's forgiveness is for real.

Yes, not only does the Lord forgive He forgets our sins. The difficult part is forgiving ourselves. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Every sin is forgiven, ALL of them fully paid for by the Shed Blood.......Yours,mine,Judas,Hitler, Mother Theresa, ladies that had abortions,even O.J.Simpson........all that any of them had to do was to have faith in What Christ did for them at the Cross and ask  Him to save them.Imagine swimming around in a lake of fire knowing that the sins that put you  there were forgiven and your pride and foolishness prevented you from cashing in on what was already yours.You turned down a gift that was free.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, Betha said:

Most people take it that ALL sins are repeatedly forgiven or even fully paid for, some say that comes as a FREE gift. Seems some have a slight misunderstanding concerning this matter. 

Scripture says that all PAST sins have been fully remitted/paid for/wiped out, so we can start with a clean slate Rom 3v25.. Does that include PRESENT sins ? it does not say so....it particularly mentions PAST sins. So we come to the next stage Present sins....what happens there ? When we REPENT we are forgiven....does that wipe them out ? IF it does why are they not included in PAST sins ? because PRESENT-TIME sinning is being dealt with differently when we come to Christ, seeing we now have HIS HOLY Spirit-power to help us STOP ! Rom 6 we are now no longer to continue in sin, we need to STOP sinning....WHY ? does not FORGIVENESS do the job for us ? it sure does UNTIL we become sin-FREE.

Continual sinning and continual forgiveness is not the PERFECT state a Human is supposed to be in.....and GOD requires us to be/become PERFECT - FREE from sin....so we don't do it any more.

Look at the scripture quoted above Acts 3v19  REPENT therefore and be converted....TURN AWAY from transgressing the Law/Commandments of God, which is GOD's definition of SIN 1Joh 3v4. Doing the Will of GOD should/must be our priority if we want to be in HIS Kingdom Mat 7v21. There is no arguing with this ! 

Do you spend all your days repenting of all the sins you did that day and all the good things you have failed to do?  What happens when you miss out on repenting on some sin?  Your doomed with this kind of preaching you are putting forward..

If being perfectly sinless is a ''must" then woe is upon everyone..

Make sure you investigate fully the grace of our LORD Jesus because what you believe about it is critical to it's eternal effect upon your salvation..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, not only does the Lord forgive He forgets our sins. The difficult part is forgiving ourselves. 

Sorry to again disagree with the conclusion, but I do. It is most easy to forgive one's self and indulge evil conscience. It gets easier and easier till really there is no conscience at all that bothers.

Further I add that my own conclusion is God does not forget anything. He remembers no more the sins of the repentant.  God tells us to do the same.  

Example for the saints in Christ Jesus is found  in church discipline procedures within Matthew 18; for those that are of the church when discipline goes so far as to have to oust a member of the body, they are not forgotten. If they later repent and want to be  with the church body, the body is to accept the person fully and never bring up the  past offense to anyone ever. That is not forgetting. It is greater than that. It is remembering no more, as one goes about their relationship with the person. Instead remembering to never ever count it against the individual. 

To forget is an absence, to not remember anymore is a conscious active experience.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think something we miss - or at least, I do, sometimes - is that the Lord means it when he says we are forgiven for our sins. When we repent, the Lord forgives us. Satan is busy trying to scare us with gloom and doom thoughts, in an effort to discourage us, but the Lord's forgiveness is for real.

I think what we miss is that the forgiveness is total...from ALL sin.

It's in the little words.

Cleansed from all unrighteousness.

As white as snow.

But I think many think that this is a partial cleansing...like we can never be sinless. But this is to doubt the power of the blood of Christ. There is a lot of doubt these days. God doesn't do things half-way. It's just that we tend to believe half-way. So then our salvation from sin is total. A work of God. Not based on human effort...therefore not tainted with sin. It is HIS work to cleanse us and to give us a walk in that cleansed place.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It takes a little while, but then we are free.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

It takes a little while, but then we are free.

Amen, brother John. Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is a great deal to know about the forgiveness of God; when this forgetting takes place is one of study...
For at the judgement seat of Christ, during the tribulation, if you have a pretrib view, they are still remembered

2 Cor 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
KJV

during the Millennial kingdom reign Jesus will do so with a rod of iron... this to force all to obedience... this will not change hearts but will show the way to right doings...

The only area I can see from Scripture that this remembered no more is after the great white throne of judgment and those evolved are placed into an eternity separate from God and His people, then the first heaven and earth are burnt up and God wipes away all tears... it is here that anything of previous is removed

1 Cor 13:8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
KJV

However God does not dwell within time and sin has no place with Him, it wasn't brought about by Him, it has no place in His creation, He does not utilize the thing (sin) itself but because of sin's nothingness of God within it's border it brings about nothing but evil, harm, death, end.... two verses to bring into reason

1 Kings 22:22-23

22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.
KJV

comparative above with below-remembering all truth in God's Word is unified in truth

Deut 32:4-5

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

5 They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.
KJV

Hab 1:13

13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
KJV

2 Cor 6:14-15

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
KJV

many make the mistake of the first Scripture above as God works with sin to bring about His purposes... but this violates the other Scriptures that state in Holiness sin has no place with God. There are many tensions within Scripture where one must wait upon God for enlargement to continue and this is one of those places...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

I get those 'fiery darts' thrown at me too...