IGNORED

How would you convince people from other religions or non religions to become a Christian?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We as Christians have a very important job to go out and tell others about ourĀ faith and that it is the only worthy faith, but how am I suppose to convince others apart from just being a good example?

Edited by john smith
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 minutes ago, john smith said:

We as Christians have a very important job to go out and tell others about ourĀ faith and that it is the only worthy faith, but how am I suppose to convince others apart from just being a good example?

How do you figure you have to convince others that your faith is the only worthy faith?Ā 

The Great Commission
14Later as they were eating, Jesus appeared to the eleven and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15And He said to them, ā€œGo into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.ā€¦

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, john smith said:

How we live and enthuisasticly talk about church and Christianity has a big impact.

But we don't make people become Christian, our job is two fold,

To show that by our lifestyle/conversation that Christianity is relevent and to introduce them to Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Being a godly example is very important. Many who are not Christian often complain that Christians are hypocrites and that may be the case sometimes.

Pray for those who are not saved.

If the opportunity comes about tell people who Jesus Christ is and that He loves them.Ā 

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

How do you figure you have to convince others that your faith is the only worthy faith?Ā 

The Great Commission
14Later as they were eating, Jesus appeared to the eleven and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15And He said to them, ā€œGo into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.ā€¦

Do you mean saving faith ?Ā Ā  Whoever believes and is immersed will be saved -

believing the foolishness of the GOSPEL OF JESUS ,Ā Ā  and being immersed,Ā  thus saves.

Anything else,Ā  considered worthy or not,Ā  cannot save.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, john smith said:

Hi, First I suggest that being a good example Ā will not do it. The unsavedĀ world hates Jesus and so it hates his own his bond-servants. TheĀ behavior of a saint in ChristĀ is foreign to a non believer and nothing Ā oneĀ will want to emulate.

Ask the unsaved, "Don't you want toĀ be just like me?"

And the world willĀ say,"Nope!"

Ā Instead of thinking I can just be a good example and all will want to be Christian, start with prayer to God the Holy Spirit, asking, how may I be used by You today? Is thereĀ someone I may talk to about the saving faith of my Lord and personal savior Jesus, and how Ā by His doing alone Ā many are guaranteed to have eternal life with Him.

Then seek out theĀ opportunity as led and Ā when led by the Holy Spirit. Might just ask of most anyone you meet andĀ have opportunity to talk; I have prayed that there might be someone to talk to Ā today about eternity, life after death, and the awesome blessing Ā of Jesus. I wonderĀ if thatĀ might be you. HaveĀ you had theĀ experience of realizing Jesus is Lord and the provider of eternal life?

Now I know not everyone is equipped with identical personalities and many Ā will have to Ā be led by Ā The Spirit into some otherĀ approach. The Ā main thing is the power of personal attributes are not going to impress anyone into a life changing experience where they are turned about Ā to God. Being a goodĀ person is not really all that impressive, for most individuals are taught thatĀ all are supposedĀ to be good individuals. andĀ most people rate themselves as already good and rate that on a curve Ā of comparison with others. All of which has nothing to do with theĀ gospel of Jesus.

Tell theĀ gospel. It is the Holy Spirit that will turn anotherĀ person about Ā to actually hearing with understanding.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Do you mean saving faith ?Ā Ā  Whoever believes and is immersed will be saved -

believing the foolishness of the GOSPEL OF JESUS ,Ā Ā  and being immersed,Ā  thus saves.

Anything else,Ā  considered worthy or not,Ā  cannot save.

Good reply, simplejeff. I maintain that whilst we are to present the Gospel and live as ambassadors for Christ as best we can, it is the Word of God itself that convinces, firstly of the sinner's need for Christ,Ā  and secondly that the sinner is freed in Christ. This is the simple way I share my faith if opportunity arises awhile I go about my business looking unto the Lord for wisdom and strength..