Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Was watching 20/20 and they told of a new treatment for PTSD which actually works, and works immediately!    It is called SGB for short.   An injection is given in the neck.   The substance helps to calm the fight or flight response which is out of control due to the severe trauma experienced by those with PTSD.

Soldiers were interviewed after their treatment and felt they finally had their life back.   The injections can last up to six months.

If you know of any PTSD sufferers that are veterans, tell them to ask the VA hospital about this new treatment.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Evidently it was formulated in 2004 for menopause issues.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds promising.
Like 'so many other' drugs used on vets.
If they can't be fixed, medicate them.
It is still in the evaluating/effectiveness stage.
I truly hope this one works. Research tells me otherwise.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sgb-a-possible-breakthrough-treatment-for-ptsd-60-minutes-2019-06-16/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK442253/

https://academic.oup.com/milmed/article/181/9/1135/4159852

https://www.asra.com/asra-news/article/110/stellate-ganglion-block-for-posttraumati

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

This is just a personal observation as a military combat veteran and history buff. I don't have any statistics or studies to back it up, and I'm not implying anything whatsoever. My own experience with PTSD; and I would not call it that; was returning home from the stress of Vietnam and adjusting to the environment again. Any loud noise or sudden surprise would make me scramble and react; but those symptoms were defensive and left within days. 

I know PTSD is real, some are more prone than others to experience it. It appears to me as time passes, it's becoming much more prevalent since WW II. I'm sure you remember the George Patton incident slapping the private for cowardice, most likely what we call PTSD today. Anyway, I can't imagine the armies of; Joshua, Genghis Khan, the Roman Legions, Revolutionary War, Civil War, etc., having the ratio and percent of post traumatic stress syndrome that we see today. 

I'm basing my opinion on the number of military veterans committing suicide; and receiving disability pensions and treatment; compared to previously. As well as the unprecedented exponential increase in the general population of PTSD and its effects. This PTSD has been either hidden to history, or not noticed and recorded as such in such numbers. 

Anyone's thoughts???

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Lots of things these days sound "prmisig".....  inclduind so-called "new" "cures" for cancer and hepatitis (which cures were known one hundred years ago,  at low cost and no toxicity) - now under pharmakeia very high cost .... 

Doesn't it stand to reason that cures and natural remedies for diseases is bad for the pharmakeia business (a trillion dollar business)? My interpretation of the Book of Revelation; indicates pharmakeia (drugs), probably both legal and illegal, are going to be prevalent in the end-times. Today, are we seeing any indications and influx of society becoming addicted to both illegal drugs and prescription medication?

I watch the TV program "PD Live" on A&E. If this is any national indication of the people on drugs; there's more people on some type of drugs than not.

I find it interesting the percentage of commercials on TV and advertisements that are "drug and alcohol" related. This coming from a UFC fan that has an official beer sponsor :th_frusty:

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Doesn't it stand to reason that cures and natural remedies for diseases is bad for the pharmakeia business (a trillion dollar business)? My interpretation of the Book of Revelation; indicates pharmakeia (drugs), probably both legal and illegal, are going to be prevalent in the end-times. Today, are we seeing any indications and influx of society becoming addicted to both illegal drugs and prescription medication?

Illegal drugs cannot be taxed by the government, local or federal.

I'm anti drug, if at all possible. Many are life sustaining, and necessary, for some.
A good friend, Viet Nam vet, was on 17 drugs from the VA before he finally died.
Forty years after discharged.
A walking zombie. Can't fix em, medicate em.

7 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I was diagnosed with PTSD last year. I was prescribed Ativan, which I only took twice and didn't like how it felt so I stopped taking it.  I was experiencing anxiety and panic attacks many times a day.  I was able to work through it without medication by taking slow deep breaths, praying, and reassuring myself that I was okay (in God's hands, etc). The frequency and duration began to become less and less. I finally was able to recognize when an attack was about to set in and begin the process on the front end and thwart the attack altogether. It hasn't been easy. I'm not saying I'll never experience that again. But I am leery of anything touted as a new wonder drug. It sounds good, but I wonder what the cost is....side effects???

Excellent wisdom, Abby.
The VA has tried to get me to take some new drug frequently . I only tried a few.
Lexie Pro, the new designer drug, in one week of use, and I was zombied out.
The side effects of drugs I can't handle.
So I OD now on Jesus, and it works. Using so many verses in scripture, when the onset
shows up, I focus on  the promises of God. It sometimes is a battle, but My Lord gets me through.

• Loved it! 1

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I didn't notice what illegal anything has to do with this.

The drugging of veterans was very profitable,  and not necessary,  but very widely used and supported by the whole system with few voices speaking up for anyone's true recovery.

You misunderstood, jeff
Drugs are big/huge source of money.
       So
Make illegal drugs legal, and tax them.

(like they are doing)
Then find a source to push them. (VA)
       Legally

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thank you for shareing with us about this new treatment for PTSD :)  it does sound very interesting,  I know some people who have PTSD,  but it sounds like there's a lot of side effects with it though

• Thumbs Up 1