• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't know what happened to your OP but read it quoted below by Blood Bought?

Your experiences and thoughts exactly mirror mine. I didn't want to go into a lot of detail, but I'm glad you did. Perhaps this is an appropriate time and place to include some of my personal testimony. I'm personally speaking again just about myself; I don't want to blame an experience for my change, choices and actions; I wanted to maintain control, or so I thought. 

I deleted it.

I stayed up way too late and spent too many hours, trying to say things I wanted to share with
other brothers in arms, and at the end, realized the flood of words were drumming up old memories.
I needed to look at them and accept them, and put em  back on the shelf. After posting, I felt the old familiar shame.
It had resurfaced.
It was only posted a minute or two before I deleted.  Too late. (need to be more diligent!!...default_cool2.gif.6edb59072173249ebe66609bb4de3f43.gif )

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

16 minutes ago, Sower said:

I deleted it.

I stayed up way too late and spent too many hours, trying to say things I wanted to share with
other brothers in arms, and at the end, realized the flood of words were drumming up old memories.
I needed to look at them and accept them, and put em  back on the shelf. After posting, I felt the old familiar shame.
It had resurfaced.
It was only posted a minute or two before I deleted.  Too late. (need to be more diligent!!...default_cool2.gif.6edb59072173249ebe66609bb4de3f43.gif )

There's nothing shameful on how you feel or what you wrote. Your thoughts, emotions and experiences are shared by multitudes. I've found that sometimes sharing and talking about things others have experienced takes some weight off my chest. Bad memories are just that, bad memories of the past. There's nothing I can do about the past, or the things I did in the past. By the Grace and intervention of God, He relieved me of those memories and put them to rest in the closet of past history. I've learned from history but I try to stay focused on today, the now. 

I don't understand the Lord's plan for my life or what He has in store for me. The Lord has a divine plan for each of His children. The Lord always answers His children's prayers; the answer is either yes, no, or wait. The waiting seems to be for God's perfect timing and divine purpose. What immediately comes to my mind that comforts me, and sometimes I struggle to keep in mind... Is the Apostle Paul's struggle with some sort of extremely severe thorn in his side. No one knows what that bothersome problem was; it's speculated from scholars everything from Paul's failing eyesight to Satan's constant darts thrown at him. Whatever is was; is caused Paul to pray to the Lord 'three' times to have it removed. I take the Lord at His word when He replied:

2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

There's nothing shameful on how you feel or what you wrote. Your thoughts, emotions and experiences are shared by multitudes. I've found that sometimes sharing and talking about things others have experienced takes some weight off my chest. Bad memories are just that, bad memories of the past

Thank you for your kind words, Dennis.
I have to say, I felt no shame for joining and fighting for our country. The guilt/shame 'memories' were from
peers and the comfortable public spewing their uninformed insults upon the returning veterans, who were fighting
to give these same ones the freedom to do so. The politicians were the ones who sent us there, then forgot us.

Cannon fodder.

By the way, Dennis, I remember a couple of army sayings.

"The officers may give he orders, but it's the sergeants that run the army"................default_cool2.gif.14d1f15dd3d71c2cbf5c5d57c2af06ea.gif

"The sergeant is the Army."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/17/2019 at 4:00 AM, Debp said:

Was watching 20/20 and they told of a new treatment for PTSD which actually works, and works immediately!    It is called SGB for short.   An injection is given in the neck.   The substance helps to calm the fight or flight response which is out of control due to the severe trauma experienced by those with PTSD.

Soldiers were interviewed after their treatment and felt they finally had their life back.   The injections can last up to six months.

If you know of any PTSD sufferers that are veterans, tell them to ask the VA hospital about this new treatment.

You can look into treatment for PTSD with horses, too. They have some increditable studies and program's proving the exposure of close proximity working with horses stabilises the Dopamine, Serotonin, Adrenalin and endorphins creating depression, instability and flash backs.

The government has acquired some of their own herds and are using them for transitioning soldiers out of combat and it is working.

Their are also prison's using horses in christian programs the same way to stabalize brain chemistry that have excellent success rates.

If your interested I can explain the science behind it but it would probably bore most people. I worked on one of the studies in the late 80's where we were testing dopamine levels in schizophrenics  after 30 minute exposure to herds from different distances at the beginning of the realization that horses have a huge effect on mental health.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

53 minutes ago, Sower said:

the comfortable public spewing their uninformed insults upon the returning veterans

All too sadly this still happens. My father, a decorated korean war vet, was at a local college for some vet related event a few years ago and upon leaving, a college student called him a murderer.

I appreciate all our vets have done at least.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Sower said:

I deleted it.

It had resurfaced.

Thanks for your service, and Semper Fi. Glad you made it home safely.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

There's nothing shameful on how you feel or what you wrote. Your thoughts, emotions and experiences are shared by multitudes. I've found that sometimes sharing and talking about things others have experienced takes some weight off my chest. Bad memories are just that, bad memories of the past. There's nothing I can do about the past, or the things I did in the past. By the Grace and intervention of God, He relieved me of those memories and put them to rest in the closet of past history. I've learned from history but I try to stay focused on today, the now. 

I don't understand the Lord's plan for my life or what He has in store for me. The Lord has a divine plan for each of His children. The Lord always answers His children's prayers; the answer is either yes, no, or wait. The waiting seems to be for God's perfect timing and divine purpose. What immediately comes to my mind that comforts me, and sometimes I struggle to keep in mind... Is the Apostle Paul's struggle with some sort of extremely severe thorn in his side. No one knows what that bothersome problem was; it's speculated from scholars everything from Paul's failing eyesight to Satan's constant darts thrown at him. Whatever is was; is caused Paul to pray to the Lord 'three' times to have it removed. I take the Lord at His word when He replied:

2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Thanks for your service Dennis, and welcome home.

Gary

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, ayin jade said:

All too sadly this still happens. My father, a decorated korean war vet, was at a local college for some vet related event a few years ago and upon leaving, a college student called him a murderer.

I appreciate all our vets have done at least.

What a pig that student was....