douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

Within these verses above there are three baptisms; only one is with water. John baptized the nation of Israel to cleanse them to be priests in the coming kingdom (Exodus 29:4 Revelation 5:10). John also baptized to identify Jesus as their Messiah (John 1:31).

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

What John and Jesus spoke of in regard to the baptism of the Holy Ghost was fulfilled at Pentecost.

Ezekiel 22:21 Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shall be melted in the midst therof.

Fire is associated with the wrath of God.

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John was baptizing when he saw the Pharisees and Sadducees and warned them to flee the coming wrath. The wrath John spoke of is the day of the Lord (Isaiah 2:12 Revelation 6:17).

The baptism of fire is the pouring out of the wrath of God. John was exhorting the nation of Israel to turn and recognize Jesus as their Messiah and be cleansed for his kingdom to escape the coming wrath. Luke 3:17 is speaking of the believing remnant of Israel being separated from the unbelieving nation of Israel.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Jesus has saved us as well from the coming wrath.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

thank you for this interesting insight here

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Actually the baptism of fire is a purging of our souls from the iniquities and impurities that defile us so that we might become holy vessels of honour for the Lord. Either now or at judgment. (actually both if we go to God for this)

Our God is a consuming fire. (This is not a bad thing)

Our God abides in the light and all who come to Him must be purged from impurities. Like the coal of fire that touched the lips of Isaiah so that he might speak pure words. And our own judgment whereby we shall all be salted with fire. The fire will reveal our works..of what kind they are.

Mark 9:49 For everyone will be salted with fire.

1 Cor. 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 6/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, douge said:

The baptism of fire is the pouring out of the wrath of God. John was exhorting the nation of Israel to turn and recognize Jesus as their Messiah and be cleansed for his kingdom to escape the coming wrath. Luke 3:17 is speaking of the believing remnant of Israel being separated from the unbelieving nation of Israel.

Acts 2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

That was the baptism of fire. Has nothing to do with the wrath of God. The fire descends from the highest heaven, and is the highest emanation from God that man can comprehend and receive. The Holy Spirit is the second-level. The angels of the highest level are seraphim, those of the level cherubim. running out of time gotta go.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Acts 2:3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

That was the baptism of fire. Has nothing to do with the wrath of God. The fire descends from the highest heaven, and is the highest emanation from God that man can comprehend and receive. The Holy Spirit is the second-level. The angels of the highest level are seraphim, those of the level cherubim. running out of time gotta go.

Hello

Acts 2:3 says like as of fire

It was at Pentecost that Peter says Joel was fulfilled and Joel does speak of the day of the Lord and his wrath.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, douge said:

Fire is associated with the wrath of God.

This is true in the way written in Scripture, 

but it is unknown to multitudes who were taught false teachings from traditions (i.e. most people learned false traditions, and never yet heard the truth nor understood it yet).

I do not endorse everything posted at all - everything must be tested first and proven true before accepting it.

Simply,  this one little (huge) truth is often unknown and unrecognized because of so much deception in the church(es).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Three more reasons that being baptized with fire means receiving judgement:

1) Jesus never told the disciples they would be baptized in fire on the day of Pentecost. Rather, he only said, “in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit” (Acts 1:5).

2) Even though they both quote John the Baptist as saying that Jesus “will baptize you with the Holy Spirit” (Mark 1:8, John 1:33), the gospels of Mark and Johndon’t mention being baptized with fire, and, likewise, they don’t mention anything about God’s judgment (unlike Luke and Matthew).

3) Even though Luke writes about being baptized with fire in his gospel, Luke never mentions it in the book of Acts (which he also wrote), and he also never says that anyone received the “fire” of the Spirit.

Luke 3:16-17

16 John’s answer to this was, “I baptize you in water, but there is someone coming later who is able to do more than I can. I am not good enough to be the slave who unties his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 17 He will come ready to clean the grain. He will separate the good grain from the straw, and he will put the good part into his barn. Then he will burn the useless part with a fire that cannot be stopped.”

1 Corinthians 3:14-16 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 If the building they put on the foundation still stands, they will get their reward. 15 But if their building is burned up, they will suffer loss. They will be saved, but it will be like someone escaping from a fire.

16 You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple.[a] God’s Spirit lives in you.

Yes, I agree judgement is the meaning of fire in the texts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 6/18/2019 at 12:49 PM, WilliamL said:

The very next verse clarifies that the "with fire" is judgement.

16 John’s answer to this was, “I baptize you in water, but there is someone coming later who is able to do more than I can. I am not good enough to be the slave who unties his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 17 He will come ready to clean the grain. He will separate the good grain from the straw, and he will put the good part into his barn. Then he will burn the useless part with a fire that cannot be stopped.”

1 Corinthians 3:14-16 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 If the building they put on the foundation still stands, they will get their reward. 15 But if their building is burned up, they will suffer loss. They will be saved, but it will be like someone escaping from a fire.

16 You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple.[a] God’s Spirit lives in you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The unique aspect of fire from God is that it reveals the essence of all things... no one can escape the reality of their heart within God's fire...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 6/24/2019 at 6:55 AM, enoob57 said:

The unique aspect of fire from God is that it reveals the essence of all things... no one can escape the reality of their heart within God's fire...

Exactly. Fire purifies the righteous, but destroys the wicked.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? 15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil.

Luke 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire...

Edited by WilliamL
  • Thumbs Up 1