• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1985

So I've been getting rid of possessions that don't glorify God, like books on the occult, New Age stuff, all kinds of books, and also possessions like African religious masks, healing crystals, dream catchers, etc. I also got rid of 8GB of mp3s in the heavy metal, House, trance, and electronic genres. What do you all listen to that glorifies God? Christian bands? Can you point me in the direction of some, please? 

Now I'm working to get rid of old habits which I know God doesn't approve of, and some other things I'm not sure about. I've stopped watching bad videos. Do I need to stop going to clubs where we dance and hang out? I don't drink there or do drugs or anything. I think I should stop going. Am I just overreacting? Also, something I learned from a friend a while back was self-spanking for the purpose of discipline. Does that need to go? Can that stay? And what of masterbation? I find it helps me stay focused. What does the Bible say? 

TIA for any feedback you may send. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/18/1985

Thank you Abby!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

A good test is to examine a particular thing or activity's effects on you. Does the activity/location/etc. tempt you to things you shouldn't do? If yes you should consider ceasing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

So glad of your deeper commitment to the Lord. My bible study leader goes ballroom dancing. You may hear the very music that does not glorify God at the dance place.  You may meet a non Christian person to date there if your not married.  Not that all dancing is bad. ....if you are a new  Christian it is a time to  be extra careful of your environment. Read Ephesians 6. The armor of God...

Praying for u right now

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, Hanalei said:

So I've been getting rid of possessions that don't glorify God, like books on the occult, New Age stuff, all kinds of books, and also possessions like African religious masks, healing crystals, dream catchers, etc. I also got rid of 8GB of mp3s in the heavy metal, House, trance, and electronic genres. What do you all listen to that glorifies God? Christian bands? Can you point me in the direction of some, please? 

Now I'm working to get rid of old habits which I know God doesn't approve of, and some other things I'm not sure about. I've stopped watching bad videos. Do I need to stop going to clubs where we dance and hang out? I don't drink there or do drugs or anything. I think I should stop going. Am I just overreacting? Also, something I learned from a friend a while back was self-spanking for the purpose of discipline. Does that need to go? Can that stay? And what of masterbation? I find it helps me stay focused. What does the Bible say? 

Good for you. It is not healthy for the Christian mind to focus on the things that are not obedient to God. 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Hanalei said:

These things are only overcome then you take steps to overcoming them. You need to use reason when dealing with these issues, on if these things benefit your spirit. I have never been clubbing before but i have worked at clubs. I have seen what goes on but i am deterred because it can affect the spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 6/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Hanalei said:

Bad company corrupts good people. Most of us have been someplace you have been. Generally they are no good for you in any way shape of form.

Cultivating new good habits can offset old bad habits. Are you a believer - a Christian?

Edited by Justin Adams