Sign in to follow this  
Jesusinmyheart3

Golden Oldie with Osteoarthritis

Posted (edited)

Is there anyone here with this and is just being given medication?

What about being given steroid shots? Have they worked for you?

The medication is working better then the shot and I'm glad that I have it.

Edited by Jesusinmyheart3
i took part of the question out

13 minutes ago, Jesusinmyheart3 said:

Is there anyone here with this and is just being given medication?

What about being given steroid shots? Have they worked for you?

The medication is working better then the shot and I'm glad that I have it.

Not me. My employee gets the odd steroid shot for rheumatism in finger joints. Keeps him going.

I have been given neither.  I have bone spurs both within and on the outside of my spine.  I was told by the pain clinic to take Tylenol.   They offered to cut a nerve where I have a slipped disk.  But my son had that done and is worse now than before.

Late last year, after suffering for quite some time, Finally had a partial knee reconstruction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a total knee replacement 1n 2012--after 6 months it was as good as new.  Just had to keep up with the physical therapy and exercises.

• Praise God! 1

We know we are getting old when the topics of our discussions are comparing surgeries.  lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't feel old till recently. I had to stop using a shovel. Hurt too much. I am going to cut the handle off so i don't try to use it again. But first I need to hire someone to use the saw for me.

Seriously, I am having a very hard time adjusting to  the physical fact that my body just can't do what it has done for so many decades. I just can't will myself to get through the pain. It just doesn't matter for the body won't do it regardless.

Some forty years ago I was told I would not be walking in ten days if I did not have a major  high risk back surgery. I opted not to do it. And have been privileged to go about my business, often in much pain, but go about it anyway. Now, well age used is age gone on by. There are no more refills of anything that is going to patch up  this one. Just part of the price of the privilege extended  to me of time, time evidently needed by me so that I may learn more of my Lord's grace and mercy extended to me a slow learning sinner saved by His grace and Mercy alone. 

• Praise God! 1

Osteoporosis not only runs in my family,it GALLOPS, lol! My mom had it and it has reared its ugly head in my body over the past several years. I have bone loss in my jaw and presently have a splint on my front, lower teeth because one of them is loose. I also have bone spurs in my feet and hammertoes. The tendons in my right leg are shot and I have a fallen arch in the right through. I went through PT which stands for physical therapy or PAIN and TORTURE, if you prefer. I can't take anything stronger than ibuprofen because of other meds I take. I finally replaced my cheap Shoes with good ones and that has made a significant difference with the pain in my fallen arch. I'm like a used CAR ! Lol!

I am having physical therapy once a week, with great back rubs, hot towels and tens units.  Then water therapy once a week.  Medicare pays if the MD refers you.  There is an underwater tread mill and instead of bar bells I work with floats for resistance, plus other exercises.  My range of motion is much improved.

• Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this