IGNORED

Sleeping In, Late Breakfast, A Few Tasks, Happy Days.

Michael37

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 hours ago, Neighbor said:

New Zealand  is way ahead, Yep.

BUT if the rapture is so,  and if it will occur at a time of the  sunset. Will that be local sunset for each  of us and we we sweep on out in a continuous stream, or might we all just lift off in a 360 degree radiating lift off? And will it be Greenwich time, or the time at the time of sunset at  the wall  as the sun goes down at Jerusalem? Just a simple curiosity born of video representations of the rapture. I never see one that shows us lifting up and away in a 360 degree expanding circle all at the same time. it is always more like a Santa's sleigh ride with this drifting comet tail like visual as "Santa" deliver's packages.

Funny how the mind visualizes spectulation.

The word "vortex" comes to mind. :emot-nod:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Michael,

I live in Aussie but have been to your beautiful islands many times as my grandparents lived there. They came from Scotland to Australia in the `40`s and the church sent them after a while to New Zealand to take up the work, (Apostolic) there. They lived in Lyall Bay and I loved walking around the different bays. We also did the Milford trek in the `60`s and really enjoyed it. It rained so much that the rivers swelled and they had to bring in horses to carry us out.

I also loved going to Te Horo for the youth camp in the mountains. We used to have teams that would each hold a mountain and then try to get the other one. Different coloured bands were used if you were caught by the other team. When we were on a trek in the mountains they dropped food for us. I also remember the boys putting a sheep in the girls dorm. Boy did we climb those bunks. Sure was exciting times.  

Later in life I went to Bible College at Te Nikau at Paraparumu. (sp?) That was very encouraging and worthwhile. I do love the kiwis and their, (your) accent.

Thanks for your story too.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

19 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Won't matter if it happens that in the twinkling of an eye we are all transported from around the world to be with the Lord who apparently returns where He ascended.

Act 1:10-11

(10) And while they looked intently into heaven, while He was going, behold, two men stood along side them in white apparel,

(11) who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him going into heaven."

Hi Michael,

I believe that scripture is referring to when Jesus comes back to earth at the end of the tribulation, for that is the Mount of Olives. (Acts 1: 12, &  Zech. 14: 4)

However for the Body of Christ the Lord will be in the clouds and that is where we will meet Him.

`Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.`  (1 Thess. 4: 17)

Marilyn.

32 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

I believe that scripture is referring to when Jesus comes back to earth at the end of the tribulation, for that is the Mount of Olives. (Acts 1: 12, &  Zech. 14: 4)

However for the Body of Christ the Lord will be in the clouds and that is where we will meet Him.

`Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.`  (1 Thess. 4: 17)

Marilyn.

Note the emboldened part of the verse, pasted in full to emphasise  the full status of the saints from the harpazo onwards., Marilyn.

1Th 4:17
(17)  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The word "vortex" comes to mind. :emot-nod:

Now I "see" two sets of saints spinning up and out, and of course all you southern hemisphere dwellers spin backwards or counter to us in the northern hemisphere. 

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Now I "see" two sets of saints spinning up and out, and of course all you southern hemisphere dwellers spin backwards or counter to us in the northern hemisphere. 

Yes, I'm ready to go...

• Thumbs Up 1