IGNORED

Is believing in Jesus enough for salvation according to John 3:16?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 6/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Is believing in Jesus enough for salvation according to John 3:16?

It says what it says.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

It is the only way. We probably need to listen to what a person/ Jesus says to believe in him and also pay attention when Jesus or the Diciples say "IF" If you do x you will receive y. Since God reasons with us logically we shouldn't expect to recieve y if we haven't done x.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello LeeGreenForest,

The notion of continuity in the faith is important, we can also think about the perseverance.

Whosoever believes (and Verb + ing) in the God and Jesus has (and Verb + ing) the life, he enters in the economy of life at the present time.

The believer is not spiritually dead and will not dead.

Some people can die quickly after believing, Eternal the creator knows their heart.

Some people can die without knowing Jesus, Eternel can save them too.

The true faith needs to bring true love (works), normally.

Shalom.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

18 hours ago, Coemgen said:

Hello LeeGreenForest,

The notion of continuity in the faith is important, we can also think about the perseverance.

Whosoever believes (and Verb + ing) in the God and Jesus has (and Verb + ing) the life, he enters in the economy of life at the present time.

The believer is not spiritually dead and will not dead.

Some people can die quickly after believing, Eternal the creator knows their heart.

Some people can die without knowing Jesus, Eternel can save them too.

The true faith needs to bring true love (works), normally.

Shalom.

In the Greek, it's "whoever has trusted, will trust or is trusting right now". Salvation is assured, salvation is a one-time transfer of trust from self to Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello,

The Greek verb "Believe" or the name "faith" is linked to the notion of "obedience", it is not appropriate to read we are certainly saved because we just "believe in Jesus" in a specific moment. Of course, we are in secured or protected by them (YHWH and Yeshoua), but the condition of this life are not always expressed in one sentence, we need to read the entire Bible. YHWH will see our works in the faith, in his day (revelation).

Sincerely,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.' 
NASB

I find it very hard to think that these people who cast out demons and performed miracles did not believe.

To enter the kingdom of heaven one also has to do the will of the Father...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, other one said:

I find it very hard to think that these people who cast out demons and performed miracles did not believe.

To enter the kingdom of heaven one also has to do the will of the Father...

Satans demons can perform miracles.....remember the guys at Pharoahs Court who copied Moses miracle  by turning sticks into snakes? It will get worse.....the Antichrist will call down fire from Heaven 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, simplejeff said:

No,  not in English.  (where "believing" often ONLY MEANS mentally agreeing,  but no repentance, no trust, no obedience).

I sometimes wonder If where we put the emphasis on John3:16 is what determines the real meaning: Is it B E L I E V E  on me or is it believe on M E. I hope I can get that across.......anyway, it’s just something to think about 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

not only hard to believe but not likely.  would devils obey you all by yourself, or would they obey The Son of God in you? 

Act 19:11  And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
Act 19:12  So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
Act 19:13  Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Act 19:14  And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
Act 19:15  And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Act 19:16  And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Act 19:17  And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

I speak as one who has commanded unclean spirits.  it aint you they obey... but Jesus in you. 

from personal experience I can tell you that sometimes they do obey you when they are trying to convince you that they are something that they are not.   What seemed to work for me once I realized what they were doing was a phrase out of "Left Behind" by asking them to repeat, "Jesus came in the flesh; Jesus is Lord and Satan is defeated"    They just would not say that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

23 hours ago, Coemgen said:

Hello,

The Greek verb "Believe" or the name "faith" is linked to the notion of "obedience", it is not appropriate to read we are certainly saved because we just "believe in Jesus" in a specific moment. Of course, we are in secured or protected by them (YHWH and Yeshoua), but the condition of this life are not always expressed in one sentence, we need to read the entire Bible. YHWH will see our works in the faith, in his day (revelation).

Sincerely,

How did you get that from the Greek? The word MEANS "trust". "Trust" in Jesus is trust in another, not in my own obedience.

And how did you get from the Bible that "the conditions of eternal life cannot be expressed in one sentence"? Would you like verses on the universality of the gospel and how it is "not too difficult" to get for oneself?

There are over 150 NT statements of "Trust Jesus".

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1