IGNORED

Is believing in Jesus enough for salvation according to John 3:16?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, other one said:

I think it's not as simple as that...  when I am working with some dogma doctrine such as this, the entire Bible must agree to it....

Matt 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.' 
NASB

You will have a really hard time convincing me that people who cast out demons and perform many miracles do not believe..  It also has to do with doing the will of the Father.  If one practices lawlessness it doesn't seem to matter what you believe...   I would think that Trusting him or in him might also have to do with doing what he has told us to do....

I live for Christ and evangelize, I do not go around boasting in my powers of prophecy, demon casting and miracles. Can you think of people who earn a lot of money doing so today? Do you think these boasting "evangelists" are really saved?

The will of the Father is stated in scripture: "Trust Christ" for God would like "all men to trust Christ and come to the knowledge of the truth".

Trusting in Him is for salvation, doing what He tells us to do is sanctification. If your doctor says, "Take this pill and live," you swallow the pill if you trust the doctor. Whoever has (in the past) trusted Jesus will not (in the future) perish. God doesn't lie, salvation is a gift (Romans 6) and God's gift is irrevocable (Romans 8).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

I live for Christ and evangelize, I do not go around boasting in my powers of prophecy, demon casting and miracles. Can you think of people who earn a lot of money doing so today? Do you think these boasting "evangelists" are really saved?

The will of the Father is stated in scripture: "Trust Christ" for God would like "all men to trust Christ and come to the knowledge of the truth".

Trusting in Him is for salvation, doing what He tells us to do is sanctification. If your doctor says, "Take this pill and live," you swallow the pill if you trust the doctor. Whoever has (in the past) trusted Jesus will not (in the future) perish. God doesn't lie, salvation is a gift (Romans 6) and God's gift is irrevocable (Romans 8).

and those people who were casting out demons and doing miracles....   are they trusting Jesus?   Can anyone trusting Jesus practice lawlessness.   they surely seem shocked that they will not be allowed to enter the kingdom....  thinking their salvation can not be revoked....   but lets see what Jesus said....   "I NEVER KNEW YOU"                   Thinking they are saved when they are not.....   believing and trusting but not doing as Jesus taught and hell bound, and you are telling them that it will be ok...

Be careful brother.

18 minutes ago, other one said:

and those people who were casting out demons and doing miracles....   are they trusting Jesus?   Can anyone trusting Jesus practice lawlessness.   they surely seem shocked that they will not be allowed to enter the kingdom....  thinking their salvation can not be revoked....   but lets see what Jesus said....   "I NEVER KNEW YOU"                   Thinking they are saved when they are not.....   believing and trusting but not doing as Jesus taught and hell bound, and you are telling them that it will be ok...

Be careful brother.

These are false teachers--never saved.

No one who trusts Jesus can practice lawlessness, now please explain what "practicing lawlessness" means.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

54 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

These are false teachers--never saved.

No one who trusts Jesus can practice lawlessness, now please explain what "practicing lawlessness" means.

false teachers that were convinced they were saved because they believed and if they were taking on demons I know from experience there is trust involved.

My points are not what practicing lawlessness is but they were fooled they were saved.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/18/2019 at 4:31 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Is believing in Jesus enough for salvation according to John 3:16?

It says it is enough where you "should" be saved, but not that you shall be saved.  James reminds us that the devils believe and tremble.

6 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Why is there an 8-page thread on whether Jesus lied when He said, "Whoever trusts me HAS eternal life"?

What does it mean to trust?  True trust means to follow His leading.  It is like with faith.  True faith produces good works.

On 6/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, Drafido said:

you are told to believe without being informed upon exactly what you are supposed to believe in in all the details, and then you are told that demons believe too, which kind of cancels out the argument to begin with.

Jesus said count the cost.

13 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

What does it mean to trust?  True trust means to follow His leading.  It is like with faith.  True faith produces good works.

No, that's not what trust means regarding salvation. Biblically, I stopped trusting myself for salvation and trusted Jesus for salvation.

Trust = trust

Follow His lead = follow His lead

Trust = Salvation

Follow His lead = Sanctification

If you give me a gift, then watch me all the time to see my behavior, then take back your gift, IT WASN'T A GIFT. Salvation is a gift that is irrevocable (Romans).

My good news is "Trust Jesus to be set free from the curse of the Law and our behavior," yours is more like "Trust Jesus to be set free from being judged for your behavior to . . . be judged for your behavior."

• Brilliant! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

1 minute ago, Billiards Ball said:

No, that's not what trust means regarding salvation. Biblically, I stopped trusting myself for salvation and trusted Jesus for salvation.

Trust = trust

Follow His lead = follow His lead

Trust = Salvation

Follow His lead = Sanctification

If you give me a gift, then watch me all the time to see my behavior, then take back your gift, IT WASN'T A GIFT. Salvation is a gift that is irrevocable (Romans).

My good news is "Trust Jesus to be set free from the curse of the Law and our behavior," yours is more like "Trust Jesus to be set free from being judged for your behavior to . . . be judged for your behavior."

I stand by what I said.  I don't care if you agree or not.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

I stand by what I said.  I don't care if you agree or not.

What you said is unbiblical, so I care for you, but cannot in good conscience support your doctrine.

1) All people who teach loss of security use unclear verses and statements, "we have to show", "we have to prove", "can't practice wickedness"

2) All people " " say salvation is about US, our behavior, and not really about JESUS--Jesus gives us the opportunity to be saved, not salvation

3) Loss of salvation always has to do with my behavior, not Jesus's power