• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

I personally have no problem with prosperity preaching, so long as they do not "add to the word of God, or subtract from it" as long as they preach the truth. I believe God never intended for anyone to be condemned, or to suffer, I don't believe in coercive preachings, they result in rebellion.I believe in letting people know the goodness and love of our God and once they know him, they will never think of sinning against him, they will actively seek him and his ways.  There  is a hell, but I won't promote it's existence more than the power of my God. Just my opinion, what's yours?

False Gospel.  

• This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

God is not our personal genie! Yet that is the way He is presented with prosperity preachers. If you 'rub Him the right way' by reciting the scriptures they teach you to use...He must 'obey your commands' and give you the blessings you demand of Him.

I have a background where I was mixed up with this 'word of faith' movement. I would strongly warn all against it. I have had family damaged by it...elderly relatives milked out of much needed money from their social security checks. So sad. So disgusting.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

4 hours ago, shortangel said:

I do not like T.V. evangelists because of the fact that they ask for huge amounts of money when people who have low income cannot afford to give to them,  they promise that if you give & have faith that God will bless you finacialy,  & then if you don't give they say that you do not have enough faith to receive what God has promised that is just unbibical to me,  plus those preachers that teach that you shouldn't go to doctors because God's going to heal you if you have faith in Jesus healing power to heal you,  & then if the healing doesn't happen then they tell you you don't have faith enough,  some people have lost their lives because of this,  that is really scary

@shortangel You are so right!! Thanks for bringing this up. I have been personally condemned by the "you don't have enough faith to get your healing" accusations because of medical conditions. I have seen people I dearly love shamed by these lies and go to their graves feeling it was their fault they were dying of their disease. Horrid tactics to treat suffering people is such a way and make money off them in the process!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

I agree...in fact it promises following Him WILL mean suffering.... no suffering, no glory.  I think it's mincing words to say  He wills it though...He doesn't, but it IS a natural consequence of following Him in a fallen world and letting Him use us to shine a light into the darkness....it's unavoidable to anyone who desires to go where He is at work and be about the Father's business.

Being from South Africa y0u might  not be aware  of just how far overboard some "prosperity" preaching has gone here in the US.  It truly  has become a very unbalanced and frankly  ungodly focus here in my opinion.

It's idolizing mammon with "christianized" excuses for many who have been caught up in it.  I spent a lot of time personally involved with the Word of Faith movement and had  to be corrected by  Him on a good bit of the theology I picked up there.  I don't mean to disparage the movement entirely  because I also learned a lot while involved there.  But at least  some corners of the movement have really gone off the deep end with imbalance and done a lot of damage.

In SA we have fake miracle workers,  hiring actors to play dead, then resurrect them, going to witch doctors for black magic and unknowing people thing these people have powers from God,robbing poor people and lying to them, perhaps this may be the reason why, I did not look deep into prosperity preachers and their  ulterior motives. Thank you for sharing

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

OK, both in your title of your post and in your last sentence here...….you DID ask our opinions.  Twice.

•  Here's the thing about money and health for some people.  It's never, never, never enough.  And for Christians like this, God is the cosmic genie.  Selfish prayers to God and giving small amounts of money are ways to manipulate God into giving them MORE.
  •  Here's the thing about money and health for other people.  They are content with what life deals to them.  And for Christians like this, God manipulates US.  He uses us as he sees fit.  We may suffer or not.  Be wealthy or not.  But we are content.

Jesus didn't have a place to lay his head.  He was content.  The Apostle Paul experienced mostly want and he was content. My father died a year ago and I put that verse of Paul's in my father's obituary.  "I have learned in ALL circumstances to be content."  In fact, Paul said that he had learned the "secret" of being content.  It was Christ who "gives me strength".  Philippians 4

We must.....we MUST glorify the God of the universe in whatever state we are in.  Sickness or health.  Poverty or wealth.  And to teach that God wants all Christians to have money untold and never be sick is a lie and that's what it preached in the prosperity "gospel".  How many untold Christians have been "let down" and disappointed when they or their loved was not healed and the "big check" didn't come in the mail.  Whom do they blame for it?  God? Their prayers?

The Bible says that we are going to suffer afflictions.  I don't welcome it.  I didn't welcome cancer.  I didn't welcome my father's death.  I didn't welcome epilepsy.  I didn't welcome my brother's handicaps. I didn't welcome being alone at this point in my life.  But I welcome God.  I welcome Christ.  I welcome the Holy Spirit.  I welcome my church.

The Bible says there is a REASON for sufferings - 

2 Corinthians 1:3-7 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

To teach/preach that if you pray hard enough or give some "seed" money or drink some "miracle spring water"  or buy that prayer shawl from the TV preacher that God will go *poof* and you will be wealthy and healed is a lie.  

I don't know what else to say.  It is a lie and it is deceiving people and hurting people.

Thank you for sharing, yes I did ask for your opinion because I wanted to learn, I wanted to know why people were so against it. I had no idea what the term "prosperity preaching" entailed. I assumed that it was preaching that encouraged people, to know God is with them in any situation, that he has great plans for them, plans not to harm them but to prosper them , no matter what life may seem like now. That he is with them and will never forsake them. That's what I thought it was. I believe the forum is here so we can learn from each other, and by this post alone I have learnt a great deal. I believe we can teach each other without bashing each other, I was not desputing that I asked for people's opinion. Thank you again and God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Here is a short list. I am sure there are more.

Joel Osteen
• Creflo Dollar
• Benny Hinn
• TD Jakes
• Joyce Meyer
• Paula White (not in Discogs)
• Fred Price (not in Discogs)
• Kenneth Copland
• Robert Tilton
• Eddie Long
• Juanita Bynum
• Paul Crouch

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, turtletwo said:

God is not our personal genie! Yet that is the way He is presented with prosperity preachers. If you 'rub Him the right way' by reciting the scriptures they teach you to use...He must 'obey your commands' and give you the blessings you demand of Him.

I have a background where I was mixed up with this 'word of faith' movement. I would strongly warn all against it. I have had family damaged by it...elderly relatives milked out of much needed money from their social security checks. So sad. So disgusting.

:shofar::horse:  SOUND that out to all and let all flee the word faith movement .  SPOT ON RIGHT MMLS .  SPOT ON RIGHT .  THE LOVE of money is what the prosperity gospel

teaches .  THOUGH they know it not .   They love money .    How do I know .     THEY HEAP AND STEEP MAN .    The very thing JESUS said NOT TO DO.

the leaders got RICH as all get out on this gospel .     And those who sit under it , ENVY THEM and want at least some of what these men have .

AS FOR ME ,   I GOT JESUS and whether I lose all ,  I GAIN ALL .      ITS A WIN WIN with THE LORD .    HE is our prosperity . HE IS OUR RICHES and HE ALONE

is worthy of all our praise . 

• This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Here is a short list. I am sure there are more.

Joel Osteen
• Creflo Dollar
• Benny Hinn
• TD Jakes
• Joyce Meyer
• Paula White (not in Discogs)
• Fred Price (not in Discogs)
• Kenneth Copland
• Robert Tilton
• Eddie Long
• Juanita Bynum
• Paul Crouch

Well you definitely named some of the largest ones running .  AND you are spot on right ,   this is but a small list .     But thanks for warning SISTER .  

• Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@shortangel You are so right!! Thanks for bringing this up. I have been personally condemned by the "you don't have enough faith to get your healing" accusations because of medical conditions. I have seen people I dearly love shamed by these lies and go to their graves feeling it was their fault they were dying of their disease. Horrid tactics to treat suffering people is such a way and make money off them in the process!!

And what do you think PETER would have said .     I mean he told simeon ,  Your money PERSIH with you , you thought the gift of GOD could be purchased with MONEY .

And these folks subtillly hint ,  IF YOU GIVE you will be healed .    THEY in the gall of bitterness and know it not .    Thanks for exposing them and their dangerous doctrine .

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

Why are we quick to judge, the point of this forum, is it not to learn more about our faith, thank you for your view, but I disagree with your statement that says my faith is false "I am a born again Christian,  redeemed and saved in the name of Jesus Christ"

Please reread your ist post and my reply.

You said you believe that God does not condem and I provided evidence that that believe is false.