• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/19/2019 at 1:35 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

I just wanted you all to know that it's been an extremely busy month for me in Israel.  We had a conference in Jerusalem during the week of Pentecost.  In the past month, we had a member of the congregation that suffered a stroke.  Also, one of the anchors of the movement in Israel just passed away, which has taken my time away from the ministry.   There is way too much going on in the land ... with the threat of a war with Iran, and trying my best to pastor and do the things I normally do. 

When I come to Worthy and find 20+ reported threads ... that's TIME in my daily routine that I really need these days.   I posted this in another thread that I had to spend a good 30 minutes cleaning up.

Do yourself a favor ... if you can't discuss something in love ... then simply don't let a forum board steal your joy!  Seriously!  

I want you to think about this ... God created a HOLY people.  What is Kadosh in Hebrew -- which is translated HOLY?  It means SEPARATED for Himself!  What SEPARATES us from the world?  In the Old Testament -- it was keep SHABBAT (Sabbath) and following God's instructions!  What is God doing now?

Creating for himself a HOLY NATION through YOU!  

1 Peter_2:9  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

What makes US separated from the World?  

Is it the commandments?  Well, it's DEEPER THAN THAT!

Rom 13:8  Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 
Rom 13:9  For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 
Rom 13:10  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 
Rom 13:11  Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. 
Rom 13:12  The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. 

You can become so legalistic -- that you believe you're HOLY -- but in essence have no love -- you're missing the POINT!  The thing that makes us SEPARATED from the world -- is OUR LOVE for ONE ANOTHER!  And how we love our ENEMIES!  

The reality is simply this -- LEARN TO LOVE -- and the first step is learning how to discuss things with one another in LOVE!  This is OBJECT of the lesson.  If you can't discuss in love with those you disagree with ... you'll find yourself on Mod Review.  I don't BAN anyone ... and I don't shut down discussions without a good reason.

So please ... take the lesson to heart ... be a HOLY people and learn what should truly separate us from the world!

Joh 17:21  that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 
Joh 17:22  The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 
Joh 17:23  I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 

God bless,

George

Very good advise George. Many need to see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in Worthy. They need to see the "TRUTH". 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Worthy is one of the best Christian forums. I like it a lot. I wish the members could see it as the body of christ meeting together on this forum. We are a people who have wash our robes in the blood of christ. We belong to christ. Who loved us and gave up himself for us. We need to have the same mind that Jesus had. Men will know if we are his if we love one another. Otherwise we are just like the world. Also it's easy to lose perspective when we have debates on biblical topics. Let's be alert and aware of how we treat one another while we debate. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I see this forum as a reflection of life.  There are some solid mature Christians, some not so mature and wayward in their beliefs, there are some who are brand new to this life and need to be brought up like one would a child, and there are those who carry the title of Christian, but are not.  I am not going to even try to distinguish who is who, just that this site allows me to nurture my faith so I can deal with the same issues in my personal life, be it something I am going through or something someone else is going through.

Try to look through the words being typed and see the real person on the other side.  Some who are angry and hateful are also suffering for some reason.  I have rarely met anyone who is spiteful because the love being spiteful, but I have met a few in the years I have been alive.  Rare as they may be, we also see them here. 

George, you have done a lot of work behind the scenes here and we can see it.  Praying your load become much lighter.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

"Oh what a wonderful, wonderful day, day I will never forget, after I'd wandered in darkness away, Jesus my Saviour I met.  Oh what a tender, compassionate friend, He met the need of my heart, shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling, He made all the darkness depart."

Heaven came down and Glory filled my soul, when at the Cross, my Saviour made me whole. My sins were washed away(washed away) and my night was turned to day, heaven came down and Glory filled my soul.

"Now I've a hope that will surely endure, after the passing of time, I have a future in heaven for sure, there in those mansions sublime. And it's because of that wonderful day, when at the Cross I believed, riches eternal and blessings supernal, from His precious hands I received."

Heaven came down....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/19/2019 at 4:35 AM, George said:

When I come to Worthy and find 20+ reported threads

My goodness. I thought that would slow down once I cut back from posting in the political forums. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

42 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

My goodness. I thought that would slow down once I cut back from posting in the political forums. ..

Living in the Spirit means that I trust the Holy Spirit to do in me what I cannot do myself. This life is completely different from the life I would naturally live of myself. Each time I am faced with a new demand from the Lord, I look to Him to do in me what He requires of me. It is not a case of trying but of trusting; not of struggling but of resting in Him. If I have a hasty temper, impure thoughts, a quick tongue or a critical spirit, I shall not set out with a determined effort to change myself, but, reckoning myself dead in Christ to these things, I shall look to the Spirit of God to produce in me the needed purity or humility or meekness. This is what it means to “stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you” (Exod. 14:13).

Some of you have no doubt had an experience something like the following. You have been asked to go and see a friend, and you knew the friend was not very friendly, but you trusted the Lord to see you through. You told Him before you set out that in yourself you could not but fail, and you asked Him for all that was needed. Then, to your surprise, you did not feel at all irritated, though your friend was far from gracious. On your return you thought over the experience and marveled that you kept so calm, and you wondered if you would be just as calm next time. You were amazed at yourself and sought an explanation. This is the explanation: the Holy Spirit carried you through.

Unfortunately we only have this kind of experience once in while, but it should be a constant experience. When the Holy Spirit takes things in hand there is no need for strain on our part. "

from Watchman Nee online.

Edited by simplejeff
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

To reckoning dead is a biblical truth. Also we have to and need to put on christ. To wear the armor of God. If we just put off sin and not put on righteousness we will not bear fruit. All good fruit is produce by righteousness.