Hi,

Thanks for your response;  but I must speak;

I’m sorry, I think you misconstrue my position. It is not; 

“doing things from doubt is sin.”

It is;

“whatever is not from faith is sin.” 

This;

“whatever is not from faith is sin.”

This is speaking of the correct faith that frees a believer from the dictates of their fallen nature’s. Which is the faith that continually reckons itself dead to sin and alive unto God. For people have faith in all sorts of things in this world, it is only the correct faith, and this correct faith alone that frees a person/believer from themselves/self. For self is all the evil or sin a believer possesses.  For it is to the degree the believer is made free from themselves (their fallen nature’s) to that degree will they walk in freedom from sin. 

This is the universal truth, of,

“the just shall walk, work, live by faith”

For as we walk by faith in and towards God, great doubts can and will creep in. This has no bearing on whether we have the correct faith or not. Doubts are natural, they will be with us to a degree in our journey through this life. Even Paul said he had “doubts within” this means nothing towards someone’s faith. It is getting your eyes off of Christ and onto those doubts that causes the issues, and victory or defeat in whatever area is being worked on by God at that moment of time. 

But you are correct in the statement of it being whether or not they regard the idols. 

Sorry to speak so boldly, do not mean to offend.

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

No offense taken.  I worded my response poorly.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

No offense taken.  I worded my response poorly.

It happens, thanks and no worries. Blessings as we get to know this One personally, Who died to set us free. 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Faith is essential to Christianity. Without faith and trust in God, we have no place with Him. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Faith is essential to Christianity. Without faith and trust in God, we have no place with Him. 

This is so very true. We are all called to have faith and trust in this one Who says He loves us all,  with a everlasting love. 

.... That we would know this love by experience, oh, that this would be true in all our lives. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Not me :)Thanks so much for this insightful thread. The Lord in His wisdom and mercy gives us daily guidance through this truth of faith vs sin. I'm ever aware of this and grateful to Him for it in my daily walk and personal relationship with God. 

:)There was so much that spoke to me that it was a bit hard to confine it to just one quote. But this is one of them I was blessed by:

Not me said-

"In, by, from, and for all things. For God is God, and God is good, and we are not. If it is not God, it is not good. If it is not good, it is sin. Sin we can produce on our own, good we can not. So faith takes the place of the good we can not produce on our own. Whatever is not from faith is sin. Which is as much as saying if it’s from us or self, it’s sin. A looking away from ourselves to the source of all good is what is called for. For the just shall live by faith, this isn’t a one time faith and now were back to the limitations of that which we can do."

Scripture shows us that faith is important to God. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

53 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Not me :)Thanks so much for this insightful thread. The Lord in His wisdom and mercy gives us daily guidance through this truth of faith vs sin. I'm ever aware of this and grateful to Him for it in my daily walk and personal relationship with God. 

:)There was so much that spoke to me that it was a bit hard to confine it to just one quote. But this is one of them I was blessed by:

Not me said-

"In, by, from, and for all things. For God is God, and God is good, and we are not. If it is not God, it is not good. If it is not good, it is sin. Sin we can produce on our own, good we can not. So faith takes the place of the good we can not produce on our own. Whatever is not from faith is sin. Which is as much as saying if it’s from us or self, it’s sin. A looking away from ourselves to the source of all good is what is called for. For the just shall live by faith, this isn’t a one time faith and now were back to the limitations of that which we can do."

Scripture shows us that faith is important to God. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6)

Thank you for such kind words. 

I have experienced, as I’m sure all have that the less I sin the more I get God’s blessings and smiles in my life. And if I may say so, the little things that only God can bring forth in my life. Such things as finding something I misplaced, or seeing how to fix or build something differently and/or easier. The so called small things are such a blessing and reminder of His love. That my heart just melts, smiles, rejoices at seeing His hand at work, as I did in your response to my thread. 

Many blessings in Christ. May He fill your heart with Himself in such a way that all would know and see you are His. 

Blessings, 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

21 hours ago, Not me said:

For as I stated above there are only two sources of the doing of all things.... “Christ or self”.....This is unchangeable can never get more or less, all things fall into one of these two categories. 

This I think more to accuracy 'Christ or created thing' as many have done selfless acts motivated by that which is created: father, mother, family, spouse, king, country etc. and Jesus or self was not the motivational at all...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Faith  is not something one can  brag upon.  It is not something to gain by one's self. No man may take credit in his faith whatever degree or measure he may have of it. Faith's founder is Jesus, not any person. The degree of faith can be compared, it is there or it is not, but it is the object of faith, where or what it is placed upon that  is important.

Who did Jesus marvel about because of the person's faith? What was that faith placed in?

Hebrews 11 and 12

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

What was that faith placed in?

Hebrews 11 and 12

@Neighbor Amen. Excellent chapters!

11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Faith's founder is Jesus, not any person.

From a wonderful old hymn-

"My faith is built on nothing less

than Jesus' Blood and righteousness

On Christ the solid Rock I stand

All other ground is sinking sand."

Faith comes from Him. It is the gift of God.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

(Ephesians 2:8-9)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

50 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This I think more to accuracy 'Christ or created thing' as many have done selfless acts motivated by that which is created: father, mother, family, spouse, king, country etc. and Jesus or self was not the motivational at all...

Hi, try as I might, I do seem to miss the understanding and meaning of/in your post. It probably is just me. But I wish you all good things in Christ. 

Blessings,

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Faith  is not something one can  brag upon.  It is not something to gain by one's self. No man may take credit in his faith whatever degree or measure he may have of it. Faith's founder is Jesus, not any person. The degree of faith can be compared, it is there or it is not, but it is the object of faith, where or what it is placed upon that  is important.

Who did Jesus marvel about because of the person's faith? What was that faith placed in?

Hebrews 11 and 12

Hello, 

Yes, faith in God is what we are called to. May our faith and hope and love of God grow and abound in all things. 

Blessings,

Edited by Not me