IGNORED

Are the street preachers doing the 'good works' ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Matt 5: 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your GOOD WORKS, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Is this a good work which makes people glorify God ? I dont see people glorifying God around them.

Jesus Christ performed miracles by touching, healing, and transforming countless lives. These divine acts led people to him and opened their hearts. ... hearts to the message of salvation, and caused many to glorify God. These street preachers don't.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Some do, some don't.  It all depends on how the truth is spoken.  I see more of God being glorified when you can meet the needs of everyday life for others than I do from hard hitting preaching.  Still, who is to say if some of the hard hitters are not reaching one person who needed to hear the message?  I surely can't.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

who is to say if some of the hard hitters are not reaching one person who needed to hear the message?  I surely can't.

Sorry i don't understand ?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Some of the pictures you show are displaying turn or burn signs.  Those preachers are what I call hard hitters, bringing about the message of hell fire instead of getting to know the people and what their needs are.  I prefer the latter when talking to people about God, but God may of sent them to do what they are doing knowing that there would be one person in their audience that needed to hear what they are preaching. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Two different approaches. One in the flesh, one in the Spirit.

One brings death, the second brings life.

The law and the letter, written word, kills. The Spirit, on that written word, gives life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Matt 5: 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your GOOD WORKS, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Is this a good work which makes people glorify God ? I dont see people glorifying God around them.

Seeds are sown on all types of soil. By all types of sowers. Called by God.
The crowd  can't/won't glorify God unless they hear and believe the gospel.
The faithful sower is doing just that.
Those pictures do NOT show the burden on the street preacher.
You do not see the rest of the story. At all.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52; 7

Romans 10, 13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and
how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Don't think we should judge other brethren on their method of planting seeds. They are in the arena, planting!
Do you have the faithfulness, the boldness, to expose yourself to ridicule and shame to share the the good news?
I try to be, yet I lack.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner:
but
be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God  2 Timothy: 8

Their feet are beautiful to the Lord, as faithful sowers of the gospel. 

Share with us your method you use Hartono, when you share the gospel.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

That's a difficult question to answer? They are taking a bold public stand, but the Lord only knows their hearts. Given today's climate and attitude, I don't know if they are doing more harm than good for the Kingdom of God? I would suspect the general public at large would view them as "kooks" and avoid and run from them. Or consider it 'hate speech' and divisive, and sic the law on them?

I do know that not long ago, it was common to hear Hell fire and brimstone preaching and messages from the pulpit from many Christian Churches. To my knowledge and what I hear; not many churches today continue with that practice? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

that depends on what kind of message the street preachers are preaching,  are they holding signs that say God hates whatever message,  or are they preaching messages of love & asking people to accept Jesus as their Savior,  or even meeting people's needs like the homesless & the brokenhearted

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Are the street preachers doing the 'good works' ?

554950--cd0e5a30-be23-4528-a854-67480f48a618-thumb.jpg.69d86994b46dc91b09cd527ed392a33b.jpg

upset-woman-rebukes-christian-open-air-preacher-500x281.jpg.54f9e3adb91b53252790c1229e5ab7e9.jpg

imagesher.jpg.9190ee18ea0d6653f6ec72019228d39c.jpg

21ab93e9f68731da5bbb1aa9477f60a1.jpg.01c9d0edf30cd07a381ecfd52939e46b.jpg

Purpose-Driven-Gospel.jpg.cddb9b2bf5c249358d0581388c7a9b59.jpg

D_Workman_Streetpreach-Dec07crop-600x403.jpg.e4aa22ee8825d510fa7d1369994bd905.jpg

What about this street preacher............

jesus-teaching-apostles.jpg.7b71fe056cf6cd48c57f7bdccf3b8b89.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's a difficult question to answer? They are taking a bold public stand, but the Lord only knows their hearts. Given today's climate and attitude, I don't know if they are doing more harm than good for the Kingdom of God? I would suspect the general public at large would view them as "kooks" and avoid and run from them. Or consider it 'hate speech' and divisive, and sic the law on them?

I do know that not long ago, it was common to hear Hell fire and brimstone preaching and messages from the pulpit from many Christian Churches. To my knowledge and what I hear; not many churches today continue with that practice? 

Seems to me I heard of a street preacher that once went about shouting repent and shouting Old Testament stuff at people!

Geesh he called out people  declaring some to be vipers even, and talked of unquenchable fire too. Kind of a nutsy guy, had a strange diet and all.

Should I judge him to be unprofitable to  the gospel of Christ Jesus? I don't think so. Best for me not to judge the servant of another. If my Lord is happy with the ministry, I should be happy too. If He is not happy, well I am not his avenging angel, so I will leave it to my Lord Jesus  to encourage  or correct through the Holy Spirit as He sees fit at this time.

In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah when he said,

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
    make his paths straight.’”

Now John wore a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey. Then Jerusalem and all Judea and all the region about the Jordan were going out to him, and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?  Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.  And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.  Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.  His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1