IGNORED

Are the street preachers doing the 'good works' ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

It takes a lot of faith and guts to preach on the street.  I respect those who do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

It takes a lot of faith and guts to preach on the street.  I respect those who do.

Amen, brother.....

man-in-the-arena-on-black-chalk-board-roosevelt-quote-desiderata-gallery.jpg.93d43266866a16c4390347af06135f79.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Is this a good work which makes people glorify God ? I dont see people glorifying God around them.

Maybe not.

Maybe.

Read what happened in ATHENS (ACTS of the APOSTLES).

Most people hate JESUS and hate the APOSTLES ,  the messengers of GOD THE CREATOR ....

Everywhere they went,  then, and since then,  the messengers sent by GOD are universally rejected,  though accepted by a few who believe and are saved.

There's no city on earth known of that welcomes the Apostles or the true teachers of God's Word and Plan and Salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Most of the time they are just hearing themselves talk. Most people in our world today will not listen. But if they are called to do street preaching then I can respect that. As long as what they are preaching is biblical.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Not all of us are called to be a street preacher, and it often does seems like they and their message are ignored.   But I don't want to say anything bad or critical about them....if that is what they feel called or led to do.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Is this a good work which makes people glorify God ? I dont see people glorifying God around them.

Yes, and the reason being, is like the disciples, apostles, and those who by example followed them, the spirit of the church is literally taken to the streets. You don't see people glorifying God in those pics, because they're probably not members. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

When I was in college, there were 2 campus preachers who would just stand on the lawn and preach. Like any street preacher. I was not saved then and hung around folks who mocked them. I laughed along with my friends. In that way, I was a mocker myself. 

Jokes on me now lol. 

I look back and wonder, did they do any good? The word was preached. How can that not be good? If only one person was saved, is that not a good thing? They were faithful to the command given by the Lord, to spread the gospel. How is that not good?

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

"Are the street preachers doing the 'good works'?"

Well, what do you think Jesus and the apostles were doing? In addition to teaching the Gospel in the synagogues, a lot of the evangelism work and performing of miracles were done in public places. 

While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. - Act 17:16-17

When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. - Matthew 8:1-3

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

When I was in college, there were 2 campus preachers who would just stand on the lawn and preach. Like any street preacher. I was not saved then and hung around folks who mocked them. I laughed along with my friends. In that way, I was a mocker myself. 

Jokes on me now lol. 

I look back and wonder, did they do any good? The word was preached. How can that not be good? If only one person was saved, is that not a good thing? They were faithful to the command given by the Lord, to spread the gospel. How is that not good?

Amen, @ayin jade. So glad to know hearing the witness of the Word fulfilled the Lord's wonderful purpose for you. God bless those ministers of the streets. 

Isaiah 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but accomplish that which I please; and it shall prosper into the thing whereto I sent it. KJV  

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,803
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Jokes on me now lol. 

Surely the love returned to God by obedience is a valuable thing to The Lord...

• Praise God! 1