Pekoudah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

As some of you may know I have written on this forum about the perfection of Christ and that level of walk..which few will attain to...and so many are unreasonably hostile to the very idea of.

But I'd like to dial it back somewhat and speak of the walk that is being one of being led by the Spirit...although that walk is imperfect and fraught with dangers and difficulties. But this is the "normal" walk of a child of God. It is where we all spend either all our time...or come in and out of the full grace of walking IN the Spirit.

So I'll begin by saying that being led by the Spirit is not the same as being IN the Spirit.

If we are faithful to God we will seek the Lord everyday for His guidance...and just be open to Him because of the awareness of Christ in us. This becomes quite automatic...although there is effort involved...to slow down and quieten ourselves to listen for His words. I like peace and quiet since I hear His words the better.

So then many of us are led by the Spirit. Paul says that if we are led by the Spirit we are the sons of God. So then this is an entry level type of walk in faithfulness to the amount of grace what we have been given thus far. And it is a walk that can be sustained with the deposit of faith we have been given. We can just be faithful to God on that level.

Of course there is more...a lot more. Look at what John the Revelator says...

Rev. 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Was John always in the Spirit? No...he makes the distinction that he was on a certain day. If he was always in the Spirit he would not have said that he was on the Lord's day above any other day.

But we can be sure that John was always led by the Spirit. He was a faithful follower of Jesus Christ after all.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

One of the biggest dangers of being led by the Spirit is that a person's self-love...ego, pride are lifted up WITH the experience of God. When we self-evaluate our own faithfulness in a positive manner...rather than just seeing we are poor servants..we fall into a trap.

It should be remembered that the devil himself began as innocent and childlike in blamelessness (tamim). But at one point a line was crossed.

Now a person cannot be lifted up in pride when he is actually IN the Spirit because there is no doubt who is doing the works. There is a crucifying that goes with the life. No, the pride comes later...or at least the temptation to comes later.

So then we are speaking of spiritual sin....being puffed up like the devil was.

There is sinning on the carnal level, on the soulish level and on the spiritual level.

Since being led by the Spirit is by influence of the Spirit yet it is still we walking in our own power...although that power is being bent into submission to God's will by our own will...we are still reachable by pride.

The good gets in the way of the perfect.

Jesus said..Blessed is he that is not offended in Me.

Matthew 11:6
6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

This is a specific sin for the believer in Christ. So we should be aware of that as we seek to be led by the Spirit. We need to stay humble and not see ourselves as higher than we ought to. Otherwise our pride will get in the way and we will not be able to discern Christ in the body.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus did everything for the glory of God. Some times when I pick up a glass of water, I ponder, how can I give glory to God in something as simple as drinking a glass of water? I know Jesus did.

You would be surprised of the understanding of the plan, purposes and details of creation and provision from God that goes into something as simple as us having water and the process that allows us to drink and recieve hydration in our body. And How close you can be to see the magnificence and omnipotence of our Precious Father and Savior if you consider it.

To me being led by the Spirit is no different . By his Spirit he has given us a spiritual hunger and thirst for Him and His Purposes, he is creating and being in us a spiritual resource for the kingdom of heaven and the body if Christ. He has planned every detail, knows our every need and has provided us with ever Spiritual provisions and has made them available to us. We take of those provisions for our own spiritual strength and health. We offer them to others in need. 

Of Course we all have different gifts and different callings and different kingdom of God life sustaining provisions to use and offer. So we really need one another and the body of Christ to walk out salvation and be lead by the Spirit. 

I'm not sure how any one can have pride in self if they realize they are just 1 tiny grain of sand and the Lord makes the beach and the oceans and the tides and the moon and the sun and hold them all in balance, raises and liwers the mountains and rules over all creation and all the kingdom's with perfect detail and purpose in everything and yet he will take a moment with you, to display his glory to you,  How can anyone not be humbled by the breathless wonders and glory of our God displayed for us in something so simple as pondering for a moment how did Jesus glorified God when he drank a glass of water on a hot day. 

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

18 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Jesus did everything for the glory of God. Some times when I pick up a glass of water, I ponder, how can I give glory to God in something as simple as drinking a glass of water? I know Jesus did.

You would be surprised of the understanding of the plan, purposes and details of creation and provision from God that goes into something as simple as us having water and the process that allows us to drink and recieve hydration in our body. And How close you can be to see the magnificence and omnipotence of our Precious Father and Savior if you consider it.

To me being led by the Spirit is no different . By his Spirit he has given us a spiritual hunger and thirst for Him and His Purposes, he is creating and being in us a spiritual resource for the kingdom of heaven and the body if Christ. He has planned every detail, knows our every need and has provided us with ever Spiritual provisions and has made them available to us. We take of those provisions for our own spiritual strength and health. We offer them to others in need. 

Of Course we all have different gifts and different callings and different kingdom of God life sustaining provisions to use and offer. So we really need one another and the body of Christ to walk out salvation and be lead by the Spirit. 

I'm not sure how any one can have pride in self if they realize they are just 1 tiny grain of sand and the Lord makes the beach and the oceans and the tides and the moon and the sun and hold them all in balance, raises and liwers the mountains and rules over all creation and all the kingdom's with perfect detail and purpose in everything and yet he will take a moment with you, to display his glory to you,  How can anyone not be humbled by the breathless wonders and glory of our God displayed for us in something so simple as pondering for a moment how did Jesus glorified God when he drank a glass of water on a hot day. 

Amen! I think the pride shows itself with other people...not towards God. As in one servant comparing him/herself with another servant. Are we really not considering or knowing each other according to the flesh anymore?

We are to see into a person...the heart.

But the Lord has this way of coming to us through others. And we tend to not see the Lord but the person.

So then pride can develop as in...how dare you say this or that to me. I'm a king's kid...etc...

Then there is the judgment for people who have been given far less mercy and revelation than us...or worse...MORE. ;)

A friend of mine said just today...if a person speaks only slightly beyond our present understanding we can accept that. But if a person speaks far beyond our experience we tend to think the person is a heretic.

So then the definition of a heretic could be...someone who knows the Lord more than I. :angel:

So it takes humility to see what God is doing in His body. We need to discern the Lord acting in His body...in our brethren. If we say we love the Lord but do not have that love for the brethren than how can we say we truly love the Lord?

We are to be known by the kind of love we have for God AND for each other.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

Amen! I think the pride shows itself with other people...not towards God. As in one servant comparing him/herself with another servant. Are we really not considering or knowing each other according to the flesh anymore?

We are to see into a person...the heart.

But the Lord has this way of coming to us through others. And we tend to not see the Lord but the person.

So then pride can develop as in...how dare you say this or that to me. I'm a king's kid...etc...

Then there is the judgment for people who have been given far less mercy and revelation than us...or worse...MORE. ;)

A friend of mine said just today...if a person speaks only slightly beyond our present understanding we can accept that. But if a person speaks far beyond our experience we tend to think the person is a heretic.

So then the definition of a heretic could be...someone who knows the Lord more than I. :angel:

So it takes humility to see what God is doing in His body. We need to discern the Lord acting in His body...in our brethren. If we say we love the Lord but do not have that love for the brethren than how can we say we truly love the Lord?

We are to be known by the kind of love we have for God AND for each other.

I have to admit, I have had lots of struggles over the years with pride, ego, keeping self love, self esteem, self worth, self confidence in balance and perspective and in submission to my knowledge he made me for a purpose in Christ.

I also know I was most defanently making myself or something besides knowing him and walking with him too important, too big, too something and my beloved way too small when all those things get out of balance. 

When I get a bee in my bonnet. I try to catch it quick and put the microscope down and sit down in the evening and look into the heavens and say "My Lord show me your amazing Glory again".

And all that self importance fades away as I see the Majesty and Perfection and awesome wonders of all his works.

Edited by Reinitin
Left an o off a too
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

As some of you may know I have written on this forum about the perfection of Christ and that level of walk..which few will attain to...and so many are unreasonably hostile to the very idea of.

Perhaps they are very reasonably hostile to the very idea of perfection - because the lies of the enemy are taught so much more than the truth,   they don't know the truth (yet?),  and have not been set free.

Jesus did not say "try" to be perfect.  

Jesus said,  and says today:  (only to His followers):   "You MUST BE PERFECT" .....

THAT SETTLES THAT!

Very simply:   (see especially for this topic,  the "Be Perfect" lesson.  It is very good and truthful, Scriptural.)

from worthychristianlibrary.com

Abide in Christ
Absolute Surrender
Be Perfect
Daily Fellowship with God
Divine Healing
Helps to Intercession
Humility
Like Christ

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

We have Jesus's commands, we know what we are to do, if we are following Jesus we will know the bible as R12:1+2 say have, 'bible biased brains' so we know and can test what Gods will is.

What more do we need?

Being led by the Spirit, in humility and with a lack of judgment for others, is the best possible walk we can have while still walking in our own strength. So we are led to die daily. Our commitment to Christ is being constantly renewed in the face of every new situation.

And this is very good if we can avoid the issue of pride. We are not being led by the Spirit to make ourselves superior to others.

And if we can avoid judging others. We are not led by the Spirit in order to put others down.

The life that is led by the Spirit is a living witness of a living God in the midst of a people who are living in the limitations and bondage of a fallen humanity. It is a life that points to God...even without words. I would say especially without words...without any religious overtones. It is letting people see what a child of God does in every kind of situation ...what it looks like to know the Lord.

People are watching what we do...as well as what we say. They are looking to see if we have more understanding, wisdom and any kind of supernatural connection with God that they lack.

Are people led by the Spirit to share the "plan of salvation" with the people they work with and walk alongside? or is this a religious thing...something that is forced and uncomfortable for others. Do people want to be "witnessed to?" Or do they want to see a living witness of what a life lived before God looks like?

Is our walk completely unique and spontaneous...or are we living in a cardboard religiously indoctrinated way so that we are just trying to put the man made technique into practice as we were taught to do by men? Are we actually just embarrassing people?

Are we just like the sects..JW's or Mormons but with a different set of doctrines? same kind of dogmatic certainty...just slightly different set of beliefs?

Or are we really being led by the Spirit? In a way that people see something miraculous.

Edited by Pekoudah

2 hours ago, Who me said:

We have Jesus's commands, we know what we are to do, if we are following Jesus we will know the bible as R12:1+2 say have, 'bible biased brains' so we know and can test what Gods will is.

What more do we need?

We need to be a faithful witness to the miraculous life and nature of God. A testimony that is being lived out so that other people come to the conclusion that God is with you...so they may glorify God and not just watch you doing that.

Edited by Pekoudah

To be led by the Spirit means that we will be also operating in the gifts of the Spirit...as we are led to.....by the Spirit.

Does that mean we are walking in the Spirit? No. it means that the Spirit is guiding us. The Spirit is trying to teach us, to convince us of the goodness of His ways in all circumstances. We remain however, in control of our own lives at this stage. And we can be doing very well one part of the day....and failing in another part of the day. IOW we can be being led by the Spirit...but be very inconsistent in our walk. That is because we are still walking in our own capacities...BUT...also listening to the inner voice that is telling us which way we SHOULD go.

At this level we can be operating in the spiritual gifts AND yet be grieving the Spirit...because of an attitude that is not Christ-like. Because of our conduct...which may very well be bringing dishonour to God even as we seem to be doing God's bidding in the operation of the spiritual gifts the Spirit is trying to guide us into to help others. But at this stage we may not be seeing how that the gifts are for others. We may very well be trying to use them to our own advantage...for a kind of spiritual pride.

If this condition persists...we can become like the people who say...Lord, Lord, we did many wonderful things in your Name (spiritual gifts) ...but whom Jesus rebukes saying...I never knew YOU.

Now this is very confusing for many...and myself for a long time as well.
But the purpose of being led by the Spirit is not to puff oneself up...to make a man-titled ministry. In short, we are not to try exploiting what God is doing either in the formation of a "ministry" with a religious sounding name...or personally as a means of feeling superior to others. We are being led to be servants of God to help others...not ourselves. God wants us to learn to be HIS conduit in the world. And we are to desire to walk in His presence and life...always. Paul was after the high calling which is to be as Jesus in this world...in life and power. And we need to be encouraged in that pursuit.

Remember a person can easily operate in the gifts of the Spirit and NOT YET BE CRUCIFIED in his walk. Until then we will not know the intimacy of the Lord...so that He KNOWS us in that intimate way.

This is why I stress that we must seek the full measure of grace in a dying WITH Christ and walking in His resurrection life. This is why the standard of THAT walk needs to be taught. This will keep us humble and keep our understanding of godly doctrine sound.

But this thread is about the best we can do while not yet walking as a dead man in Christ...and in the very power of the life of Jesus Christ...to walk just as He walked.

Edited by Pekoudah