• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Perhaps a different way of understanding this issue of the Sabbath.

Who is the Sabbath FOR?

Mar 2:27  And He said to them, The sabbath came into being for man's sake, and not man for the sabbath's sake. 
Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the sabbath. 

Shabbat is for MEN -- not for God!  :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

As BeauJangles stated, the prosperity gospel. I fell for it and gave money to support what I think now is a lie. I was led to hope for blessings through giving money. Money I really couldn’t afford to give, but whatever. It’s on so many TV Christian channels!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

50 minutes ago, other one said:

so take your pick, he worked or he lied or he changed the rules for us and set the example for us to follow.

I think your understanding on this matter needs to be refined.  You won't get anywhere trying to understand this matter through ultimatums.  

Simplified, it's this:  Each Sabbath is to be obeyed - that's the standard default position.  However, if a brother or sister is in need and you have the ability to help, then this work or "labour of love" supersedes the Sabbath.   It really is as simple as that. 

Does that mean we can work on the Sabbath as we wish? No. 

Does that mean we should rest, if there is no one in need that we can help?  Yes.

But if you want to try to force one answer with "did he lie or not?  did he change the rules or not?" you won't get anywhere.

Look at it this way.  You have two sons you leave your house to for the evening.  Your orders are to "be in bed by 10pm but most importantly, look after each other"...   Now, Son-1 has an accident at 9:58pm and is badly hurt.  Son-2 climbs into bed by 10pm, ignoring his brother.  Has Son-2 done right in your eyes?  Wouldn't have you put aside the 10pm rule because of the greater need of Son-1?  One rule is more important than the other.  BUT, let's say Son-1 wasn't in an accident and you come back by 12pm and see them running about - would you be happy?

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

PFFT

19 minutes ago, other one said:

PFFT

Good point, I didn't consider that. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, other one said:

Nope, I'm just telling you what the Bible says...    Jesus made a different set of requirements for the new covenant....

I posted the scripture where he said he was working on the Sabbath, so if you have a problem with it take it up with him....   and my allegiance is to Jesus, 100% sold out to him.   and I do believe what he is reported to have said in the Bible and would assume you do to if you are following him.

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, and he ended the mandatory requirement of the 4th commandment and made it an entire way of life....   same way he change the other of the ten commandments and made it unacceptable to even want to break them.       If you are his, you live the sabbath every day everywhere you are and whatever you are doing...   unlike the first covenant, we have the Holy Spirit within us and are with him constantly.

BTW your insults are noted.....

You robbed me of everything was going to say.....except this...It is this: God Could not care less about the Sabbath.The only “ rest” that He wants to see is Believers resting in the finished work of the Cross. Ignore THAT rest and you are in a state of disobedience and you are guilty of unbelief — One would think that Modern-Day Judaizers would put that rule at the top of their “ DO” list.

• Loved it! 2

45 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

God Could not care less about the Sabbath.

"Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him,
And to love the name of Yahweh, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
Yahweh Elohim, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
"Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him"

Isaiah 56:6-8

"If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
Then you shall delight yourself in Yahweh;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of Yahweh has spoken.”

Isaiah 58:13-14

It sounds important to me because it sounds important to Yahweh.  

I certainly find more Scriptures to solidify the Sabbath's importance rather than ones implying the Lord is the "new" sabbath - which sound be understood as analogy and foreshadow only, not literal.   Or what, should we believe that He is actually a Lamb, Lion, Rock or Branch?

It's one thing to say "I don't think it's important because..." but it's quite another to say:

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

God Could not care less about the Sabbath.The only “ rest” that He wants to see is Believers resting in the finished work of the Cross. Ignore THAT rest and you are in a state of disobedience and you are guilty of unbelief

I hope you understand Blood Bought 1953, I'm writing this for the benefit of others and yourself.  It's never too late to at least wonder humbly "Maybe there is something in the Sabbath..."  Look at me: I never used to do it.  But I made it a mission to read the Bible, cover-to-cover, with no preconceived ideas or church teachings.  I came out the other side naturally wanting to observe it, joyfully.  Not because I'm a "Modern-Day Judaizer", as you call us, try to be saved by Torah.  But because of my love for the Father and the great wisdom He has in creating the Sabbath for us.

Love & Shalom

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92

51 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

"Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him,
And to love the name of Yahweh, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
Yahweh Elohim, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
"Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him"

Isaiah 56:6-8

"If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
Then you shall delight yourself in Yahweh;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of Yahweh has spoken.”

Isaiah 58:13-14

It sounds important to me because it sounds important to Yahweh.  

I certainly find more Scriptures to solidify the Sabbath's importance rather than ones implying the Lord is the "new" sabbath - which sound be understood as analogy and foreshadow only, not literal.   Or what, should we believe that He is actually a Lamb, Lion, Rock or Branch?

It's one thing to say "I don't think it's important because..." but it's quite another to say:

I hope you understand Blood Bought 1953, I'm writing this for the benefit of others and yourself.  It's never too late to at least wonder humbly "Maybe there is something in the Sabbath..."  Look at me: I never used to do it.  But I made it a mission to read the Bible, cover-to-cover, with no preconceived ideas or church teachings.  I came out the other side naturally wanting to observe it, joyfully.  Not because I'm a "Modern-Day Judaizer", as you call us, try to be saved by Torah.  But because of my love for the Father and the great wisdom He has in creating the Sabbath for us.

Love & Shalom

I remember that a few months ago you posted a brilliant post about observing the feast days, sabbaths , the Law, etc.You made it clear that it was your personal decision to observe these Old Testament requirements because it gave you joy to do it.You never said you did these things things to be saved,nor did you claim that doing these things “ kept” you saved.You did not imply in any manner that others “ should” do it , or were commanded to do it.I though your idea  was great ! Had you said “ this is the way I live and YOU too must do it if you want to be saved!”THAT would make  you a Judaizers.You clearly are not.Nor is nobody else that observes feasts and laws out of a sense of appreciation and Love.If people do what you do thinking they will go to Hell if they don’t—— they are adding to the Gospel Of Grace and are severed from the Cross and have fallen from Grace.....A bad place to find oneself.

For Anybody that thinks I do not believe in Sabbathing, the Truth is , I esteem it more than my critics do. I Sabbath every day.True Sabbathing is resting in the finished work of the Cross.As I said....it is a command of God.Read and understand Heb 3 and 4........ May God bless you in your understanding of these things.

btw....when you read thru the Bible did you skip the 14th chapter of Romans? Paul so clearly reveals what Jesus thinks of Sabbath observers......nothing wrong with it at all if you do it to please Him.....just realize that Paul says it is for “weak Believers”. If God has given us freedom in these matters , why not strive to be strong? God bless .  

btw pt2......I notice that your quotes were all from the Old Covenant.....something happened later on  that changed everything.....the Cross

we are not under Law, we are in the Age of Grace...Why not get your license and enjoy it to the full? NOT a license to sin ,but the license to REST. How sweet it is!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, other one said:

did he work on the Sabbath or did he lie about it....     he did work and the 4th commandment says there is no work to be done....

so take your pick, he worked or he lied or he changed the rules for us and set the example for us to follow.

You just lack the understanding .   Working a job was not to be done ,   but good works ,  they are and were done every day .

Dig deeper .     The shew bread ,    the shew bread was lawful for priests only ,   YET ,   David and the men who were in dire need of food , DID eat and it was not a sin
or error for that man who gave david and his men food to eat .     Even though it was the shew bread .   Now it was evil for just anyone to go in and eat it ,

But david and his men were in dire need .        In any other case , YES it would be unlawful for men to eat the shew bread .  And it was evil to Work on the Sabbath

But not to do good .     I mean if a sheep even fell into a pit ,  GOD was not angry because one pulled it out on the Sabbath .    He was doing good to help that beast out of that pit .

BUT to put it to the plow , for self gain .  DIFFERENT STORY .      I don't know how to make this make sense .    But the understanding is a pure gem of beauty

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

4 hours ago, other one said:

did he work on the Sabbath or did he lie about it....     he did work and the 4th commandment says there is no work to be done....

The lesson of Sabbath rest is that we are to rest from our own works and from doing our own will.......so that it is "no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me".  Jesus never did His own works or will per se........"the Son can do nothing of himself".   He didn't change the rules, but He fulfilled them in the way they were meant to be fulfilled.....which was/is not in the old way of the letter.  His sabbath was 24/7, all the time....and that is the rest that we are to endeavour to enter as well.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1