• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please show me from the context of the Gospels or Acts, where a Gospel other that Repent is preached. 

why the restrictions? You are excluding All of Paul’s writings .....I would think that the man that Jesus chose to reveal the Gospel Of Grace That saves us  1cor15:1-4  would be VERY pertinent to this discussion....please answer this so I can proceed...

There is one Gospel. 

Again, here is the Gospel, Jesus Christ sent Paul to preach. 

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.      Acts 26:19-20

• that they should repent, turn to God

There is no other Gospel, than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Repent is the command of the Gospel that we are to obey.

Repent means to turn to God, which means turning away from Satan as your Lord. This is how we are transferred into the kingdom of God, out of the domain of darkness.

Bowing to Jesus Christ, and confessing Him as Lord.

What you quoted is what Paul, delivered or taught the Church from the scriptures, about Jesus Christ.

We don’t try and teach “unsaved” people from the scriptures, we call them to repent, turn to God, by confessing Jesus as Lord.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.                      1 Corinthians 15:3-8

This is what Paul “taught” the Church, not unregenerate Gentiles.

JLB 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:50 AM, JLB said:

OSAS, and Pre-Trib Rapture, are two of the most popular false doctrines being spread by churches. 

Preterism is also another. 

JLB 

And preterism is by far the worst .     OH I shudder in fear for those who teach that doctrine .  IN total fear for them .

Preterism should scare the pimples off a pit bull,  if so be it a pitbull had pimples .     That is one dangerous and super deadly doctrine.     Be surprised we got leaders

here who actually BELEIVE preterism and some do nothing to correct this .     Scary stuff .     My time here will probably soon be over .

Not because I leave but because all inclusive ones may have me leave .     for some are already under that spirit and know it not .

But so be it .  So long as I am here I am here .    And on that note , let all rejoice in the LORD and JOY in HIS salvation .    Hands up ,  for I am in it for the long haul .

• Group:  Senior Member

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And preterism is by far the worst .     OH I shudder in fear for those who teach that doctrine .  IN total fear for them .

Amen on that one, for sure.

JLB 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, JLB said:

There is one Gospel. 

Again, here is the Gospel, Jesus Christ sent Paul to preach. 

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.      Acts 26:19-20

• that they should repent, turn to God

There is no other Gospel, than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Repent is the command of the Gospel that we are to obey.

Repent means to turn to God, which means turning away from Satan as your Lord. This is how we are transferred into the kingdom of God, out of the domain of darkness.

Bowing to Jesus Christ, and confessing Him as Lord.

What you quoted is what Paul, delivered or taught the Church from the scriptures, about Jesus Christ.

We don’t try and teach “unsaved” people from the scriptures, we call them to repent, turn to God, by confessing Jesus as Lord.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.                      1 Corinthians 15:3-8

This is what Paul “taught” the Church, not unregenerate Gentiles.

JLB 

Paul stated that the ONLY thing he preached was “ Christ Crucified.I must inquire, my wise friend,why did yo omit the previous verses.....” I decare unto you the G O S P E L,wherein you Stand,by which you are also S A V E D, if you keep in memory what I taught you,unless you have believed in vain.” Paul referred to this as “ MY Gospel” ( Romans 2:16 ) several times .It was Paul’s Gospel , But it was given to him, probably in person in the Sinai Desert by Jesus Himself.When Paul talks later about the “ Gospel  that is “hidden from those  who are lost” and when he refers to the “ Gospel that God will judge us by” it is the “ my Gospel”  that he was referring to- not to the Gospel that he told Agrippa About.Same Gospel ( both inspired by God,required turning to God as lost sinners and believing in the resurrection of Christ , either wordings ,If you believe them, will get one saved) just different words.

The Gospel Of Paul in 1 cor does not mention the word “ repentance” that was mentioned in his words to Agrippa .....it did not have to ......Repentance is built- in..... One who did not believe that Jesus died for their  sins and rose from the grave has changed their mind about who they were ( I don’t need anybody to die for  my sins) and who Jesus was  ( more than just a wise ,good man, if he rose from the dead He was who He said was- God in the flesh)

Paul penned Romans years after he wrote Corinthians and I am surprised that Paul did not preach these same exact words to them.He didn’t.His “ good news” was distilled down to even simpler terms... “ If you confess with your mouth “ Jesus is Lord” and  believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead,you will be saved” It was also to be found in “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved” All these “ good news “ verses will get you saved......but who is going to turn to God for these promises of Salvation until he sees he is a sinner that NEEDS to be saved ? That is the man who has repented..no Salvation without it. Can I make myself any clearer?

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul stated that the ONLY thing he preached was “ Christ Crucified.I must inquire, my wise friend,why did yo omit the previous verses.....” I decare unto you the G O S P E L,wherein you Stand,by which you are also S A V E D, if you keep in memory what I taught you,unless you have believed in vain.” Paul referred to this as “ MY Gospel” ( Romans 2:16 ) several times .It was Paul’s Gospel , But it was given to him, probably in person in the Sinai Desert by Jesus Himself.When Paul talks later about the “ Gospel  that is “hidden from those  who are lost” and when he refers to the “ Gospel that God will judge us by” it is the “ my Gospel”  that he was referring to- not to the Gospel that he told Agrippa About.Same Gospel ( both inspired by God,required turning to God as lost sinners and believing in the resurrection of Christ , either wordings ,If you believe them, will get one saved) just different words.

The Gospel Of Paul in 1 cor does not mention the word “ repentance” that was mentioned in his words to Agrippa .....it did not have to ......Repentance is built- in..... One who did not believe that Jesus died for their  sins and rose from the grave has changed their mind about who they were ( I don’t need anybody to die for  my sins) and who Jesus was  ( more than just a wise ,good man, if he rose from the dead He was who He said was- God in the flesh)

Paul penned Romans years after he wrote Corinthians and I am surprised that Paul did not preach these same exact words to them.He didn’t.His “ good news” was distilled down to even simpler terms... “ If you confess with your mouth “ Jesus is Lord” and  believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead,you will be saved” It was also to be found in “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved” All these “ good news “ verses will get you saved......but who is going to turn to God for these promises of Salvation until he sees he is a sinner that NEEDS to be saved ? That is the man who has repented..no Salvation without it. Can I make myself any clearer?

Again, this is what Paul taught the Church, according to the scriptures.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.                              1 Corinthians 15:3-7

Paul preached the Gospel to unsaved Gentiles as It was given to him by Jesus Christ. 

Here is what Paul himself said he preached to the Gentiles. 

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.Acts 26:19-20

Can you please show us where Jesus went around preaching this in any of the Gospels?

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.  1 Corinthians 15:3-7

There is no Gospel without Repent.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

JLB

Edited by JLB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Ecumenicalism - we all worship the very same god, called by different names. 

My God is One in three Persons and has a Son. My God was born of a virgin and the Holy Spirit was the Father. My God was 100% God and 100% man and physically walked the earth in the flesh. My God lived a sinless and perfect life. My God loved me and died for my sins, I don't have to die for him and hope that is enough to get into Heaven. My Lord and God took upon Himself all my sins, and the sins of the entire world, that we might be saved and have a relationship with Him. My Lord and Savior was crucified and suffered tremendously on a cruel Roman Cross and was humiliated, not for Himself. My Savior rose from death on the third day and ascended to Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of our Father. 

My God is not the same as many others worship. I worship the One True Living God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/20/2019 at 9:21 PM, ayin jade said:

"Christian yoga"

I hadn't heard of that before.  I read what "Got Questions" had to say about it.  It kind of reminds me of the argument for secular music where people would claim that they don't really listen to the words, they just like the sound.  Is that a fair analogy?  That it's another means to delivering bad doctrine?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I hadn't heard of that before.  I read what "Got Questions" had to say about it.  It kind of reminds me of the argument for secular music where people would claim that they don't really listen to the words, they just like the sound.  Is that a fair analogy?  That it's another means to delivering bad doctrine?

Yep! Word have meaning and a message and can be driven into the sub-conscience via music. GIGO 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus would disagree....” Go in peace- your faith has saved you” he told the woman.No further instructions were given...no do do this or don’t do that.....she had passed the test...she believed Jesus was who He said He was....Faith in Jesus- plus NOTHING.

“ they that believe in me HATH Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under condemnation”  Some feel compelled to complicate what a 5 year old could understand .

He did not tell her "Go in peace- your faith has saved you eternally" ......

If she did not remain in Him, and His Word in her,  only a resurrection to judgment/ destruction to look forward to.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Folks claim it is about excercise, and it is an excercise, but every aspect of it is eastern mysticism. Even the names of the positions have eastern religious meanings. They can claim they Christianize it, but it is still eastern mysticism making its way into the church and encouraging acceptance of other eastern mystic concepts.