Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I'm wanting to compile a listing of things that are being taught as truth in the church today which are in fact deceptions.  We know that in the end times that deception will become so prevalent that it will even be taught by those who come in Jesus name (Matthew 24:5) so I want to identify some of those false teachings.  Since I have a limited exposure to what's being taught in the churches today, I'd like feedback from those who have come across teachings which are contrary to the word of God yet presented as truth.  Some examples of what I've observed would be:

• Unitarianism - rejects the deity of Christ and consequently Him being the only way to the Father.
  • Gender Confusion - rejects biological gender and God ordained sexuality.  It is essentially what the rainbow flag endorses.
  • Dysfunctional Authority - rejects the God ordained authority structure of 1 Corinthians 11:3.

What other kinds of things have you seen or heard of that are being taught / practiced in the churches today that are based on lies and are a compromise of the truth?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 6/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Last Daze said:

I'm wanting to compile a listing of things that are being taught as truth in the church today which are in fact deceptions.  We know that in the end times that deception will become so prevalent that it will even be taught by those who come in Jesus name (Matthew 24:5) so I want to identify some of those false teachings.  Since I have a limited exposure to what's being taught in the churches today, I'd like feedback from those who have come across teachings which are contrary to the word of God yet presented as truth.  Some examples of what I've observed would be:

• Unitarianism - rejects the deity of Christ and consequently Him being the only way to the Father.
  • Gender Confusion - rejects biological gender and God ordained sexuality.  It is essentially what the rainbow flag endorses.
  • Dysfunctional Authority - rejects the God ordained authority structure of 1 Corinthians 11:3.

What other kinds of things have you seen or heard of that are being taught / practiced in the churches today that are based on lies and are a compromise of the truth?

Many churches teach that homosexuality is not a sin, even though the Lord said this: 

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Lev 18:22

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Many churches teach that homosexuality is not a sin, even though the Lord said this: 

keep in mind that it also says we should kill them...    do you promote that?

9 minutes ago, other one said:

Where does it say that?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Where does it say that?

Leviticus 20:13

13 fIf a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

1 minute ago, other one said:
Leviticus 20:13

13 fIf a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

We aren't bound by Jewish law. No, I wouldn't recommend death for homosexuals. Still, the Lord said homosexuality is an abomination (Lev 18:22).

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 6/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Last Daze said:

Prosperity - teaches erroneously to 'speak faith into being' of anything for personal reasons. Especially riches and wealth, which is beyond what is written in God's Word. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

"Christian yoga"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

12 hours ago, other one said:

From the New Testament:

• For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.  Romans 1:26-27

Homosexuality is an unnatural lust.  The world will pass away along with its lusts, but whoever does the will of God abides forever (1 John 2:15-17).

• Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.  1 Corinthians 6:9b-10

We are to love God first and foremost, aren't we?  If God views homosexuality as an abomination and unnatural lust then we should too. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, other one said:

The laws in Israel were based on the law of Moses.  To enforce them required penalties.  Homosexuality remains a sin, but each nation determines their own criminal code.