• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Study all you like.   This is not the way to discover the truth,  when the truth has already been denied and taken over by tradition of men.     As Jesus Promised,   seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth,  and you will find the truth and the truth will set you free (from tradition at least;  perhaps many other things?)

Jesus is the spotless lamb, the Passover lamb. 

Passover was before the Sabbath, and the fruits fruits was the day after the Sabbath, which is the first day of the week.

That would be Sunday. 

JLB 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, JLB said:

Jesus was crucified on the Passover, Friday, the day before the Sabbath. 

He rose again on the third day, which would be Sunday, the first day of the week.  

JLB 

Sorry but, WRONG. As already outlined.

• Group:  Senior Member

18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Look online ,  simple search,  for the several false teachings and expose's about false teachers.  Yes,  look for "quotes" of their own words to verify they themselves taught false gospel, and don't accept it until seen.

Read the scriptures and forget about the internet. 

JLB 

Just now, Justin Adams said:

Sorry but, WRONG. As already outlined.

Jesus is the spotless lamb, the Passover lamb. 

Passover was before the Sabbath, and the fruits fruits was the day after the Sabbath, which is the first day of the week.

That would be Sunday. 

JLB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Abdicate and Mr Jeff have given all you need in order to find out the truth. Go study my friends...

The OP asks the question, and the root of this is false and misleading translations that have hoodwinked many millions. Add to this presumptuous teachings in ignorance and in error and you have what one would expect today. A church that is weak, unsure, powerless and willing to compromise with the world.

As I have said elsewhere, if the BEGINNINGS are flawed, then the resultant will fail. 

Be very careful what you say online because countless millions will read what you say. Do you REALLY want to mislead people and the 'new' Christians by peddling old tired RCC stuff along with pagan inspired doctrines?

As a normal guy I saw in Young's Literal some disturbing things. I also could not fathom how 72 hours in the tomb could be gleaned from a friday to a sunday morning... It does not add up. So for years I studied it and found the information I sought.

Staggering how so many were misled by so few 'experts'.

5 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

As a normal guy I saw in Young's Literal some disturbing things. I also could not fathom how 72 hours in the tomb could be gleaned from a friday to a sunday morning...

Can you quote the scripture where it is said that Jesus will be in the tomb for 72 hours?

He was crucified as the Passover Lamb.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:2-3

He rose on the third day.

He rose on the first day of the week, after the Sabbath.

Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. Mark 16:9

JLB 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 7/8/2019 at 4:19 AM, JLB said:

Wow.

Do you have a quote of him saying this?

I have confronted people who believe and teach OSAS about this, and they admitted that Christians who take the mark of the beast are still saved, however I have never actually heard of John MacArthur admitting this. 

JLB 

Hi JLB

There are many.....but here you go

https://watch.pairsite.com/macarthur-1-mark-of-beast.html

2 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi JLB

There are many.....but here you go

https://watch.pairsite.com/macarthur-1-mark-of-beast.html

Thank you.  

5 hours ago, Betha said:

When we take HIS OWN prediction Mat 12v40 it leaves no doubt that HE resurrected at sunset on 7th day SABBATH....NOT sunday morning the first day of the week.

Completely False, and is directly against the scriptures.

Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they said among themselves, “Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?” But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away—for it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed.
But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”
So they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for they trembled and were amazed. And they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. Mark 16:1-9

• Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.

• Now when He rose early on the first day of the week

Jesus was crucified on the Passover, as the Passover Lamb, on the Day before the Sabbath.

He rose on the third day, after the Sabbath, as the first fruits offering, on the first day of the week, after the Sabbath.

JLB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

• One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.  Romans 14:5

It doesn't say that each person must try to convince the others.