Sign in to follow this  
Last Daze

Looking For Input Concerning False Doctrine in the Churches

I’m still waiting with bated breath for a Bible verse on that Melchizedek thing...

• Haha 1

Just now, pg4Him said:

I’m still waiting with bated breath for a Bible verse on that Melchizedek thing...

AHH.. Just go have several lattes. He will NOT be able to find it, even in the Pseudepigrapha or Apocrypha texts.

Might be from xenos  stuff.

Melchizedek is likened unto the Son of God and is spoken of as a Priest and King PLUS he accepts tithes. But not a Levite. He had no mother or father. So divinity of the pre-extant Word (before Yeshua was made flesh) would be something to also study along with Melchizedek passages.

Absolutely NOTHING to do with Gabriel who may even be a covering Cherub to replace ha-Satan (the deceiver that fell).

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

My friend of the buffalo ,     be encouraged .    But I assure us all ,  Jesus did not break the Sabbath .    The jews falsey accused HIM of doing so , but he did not .

HE healed on the Sabbath , He did those good works of healing on the Sabbath .     The jews themselves did not break Sabbath , WHEN they circumsized a male child .

JESUS did not break Sabbath by making men whole on it either     .      I believe as paul said ,  concering meats drinks and days .  But rest assured , JESUS did NOT break Sabbath .

For it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath , just as it was lawful to circumcise a male child if the eighth day fell on Sabbath .  They were falsely accusing HIM

when indeed it was they who broke Sabbath .   They knew not how to judge righteously .    For how is it against the law or Sabbath , TO DO GOOD on the Sabbath .  ITS NOT .

did he work on the Sabbath or did he lie about it....     he did work and the 4th commandment says there is no work to be done....

so take your pick, he worked or he lied or he changed the rules for us and set the example for us to follow.

Perhaps a different way of understanding this issue of the Sabbath.

Who is the Sabbath FOR?

Mar 2:27  And He said to them, The sabbath came into being for man's sake, and not man for the sabbath's sake. 
Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the sabbath. 

Shabbat is for MEN -- not for God!  :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

As BeauJangles stated, the prosperity gospel. I fell for it and gave money to support what I think now is a lie. I was led to hope for blessings through giving money. Money I really couldn’t afford to give, but whatever. It’s on so many TV Christian channels!

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, other one said:

so take your pick, he worked or he lied or he changed the rules for us and set the example for us to follow.

I think your understanding on this matter needs to be refined.  You won't get anywhere trying to understand this matter through ultimatums.  

Simplified, it's this:  Each Sabbath is to be obeyed - that's the standard default position.  However, if a brother or sister is in need and you have the ability to help, then this work or "labour of love" supersedes the Sabbath.   It really is as simple as that. 

Does that mean we can work on the Sabbath as we wish? No. 

Does that mean we should rest, if there is no one in need that we can help?  Yes.

But if you want to try to force one answer with "did he lie or not?  did he change the rules or not?" you won't get anywhere.

Look at it this way.  You have two sons you leave your house to for the evening.  Your orders are to "be in bed by 10pm but most importantly, look after each other"...   Now, Son-1 has an accident at 9:58pm and is badly hurt.  Son-2 climbs into bed by 10pm, ignoring his brother.  Has Son-2 done right in your eyes?  Wouldn't have you put aside the 10pm rule because of the greater need of Son-1?  One rule is more important than the other.  BUT, let's say Son-1 wasn't in an accident and you come back by 12pm and see them running about - would you be happy?

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • This is Worthy 1

PFFT

19 minutes ago, other one said:

PFFT

Good point, I didn't consider that. 

• Haha 1