IGNORED

Your thought, Scientology and Christianity can one be both?

Nonkululeko

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I hear a lot of people say I need time and space so I can find myself, does this mean their scientologists, if so how can they still be Christian?Your opinion 

Edited by Nonkululeko

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Scientology is a cult. It has nothing to do with Christianity and Jesus Christ. It is very, very bad. 

So its not just believing in self knowledge, thank you for telling me. Now I want to remove my post?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

I hear a lot of people say I need time and space so I can find myself, does this mean their scientologists, if so how can they still be Christian?Your opinion 

Hi Nonkululeko, lovely to have you with us.

If it doesn't align with the Word Of God as communicated in the Bible then it isn't a Christian doctrine. The New Testament has many passages warning the saints not to be led astray by false doctrines and the preaching of "another gospel". Check out these quotes and go to their source by clicking the links. We all exist in time and space so you already have that, and rather than find yourself it is better to lose everything if need be to gain Christ.

Php 3:8-11

(8) Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ,

(9) and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith:

(10) that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death;

(11) if by any means I may attain unto the resurrection from the dead.

"The core of Scientology teaching lies in the belief that "each human has a reactive mind that responds to life's traumas, clouding the analytic mind and keeping us from experiencing reality." Scientologists undergo auditing to discover sources of this trauma, believing that re-experiencing it neutralizes it and reinforces the ascendancy of the analytic mind, with the final goal believed to be achieving a spiritual state that Scientology calls "clear."[116] " Sourced from Wikipedia: Scientology

"In Scientology, Jesus is classified as below the level of Operating Thetan,[5] and described by L. Ron Hubbard as being a "shade above" the condition of "Clear,"[1][6]similar to the group’s view of Buddha.[7] According to R. Philip Roberts in The Apologetics Study Bible, "Scientology's upper-level materials tout the concept of Jesus as God as being a fiction that ought to be removed by 'auditing'".[6] " Sourced from Wikipedia: Jesus In Scientology

Blessings from Michael37.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

10 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

May I suggest you ask what they mean by saying this?

To me someone saying to me " I need time and space!" is a polite way of saying, 'I don't want to hear5 what you are saying.'

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Scientologists have many strange beliefs.  It's a cult totally removed from Christianity.    Just several things about them:  They will deprogram (audit) a person, but they charge alot of money for doing that!   As a person goes higher and higher in the organization, the beliefs get stranger and stranger.   In upper levels, members are finally told aliens inhabit them.   The leadership is extremely controlling and can be punishing as well...even separating families.

Their founder, L. Ron Hubbard, said he was abducted by aliens.   He also said a good way to make money is by making a religion.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Privately, I recall L.Ron saying he started that 'church' on a whim... as a bit of a jest.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 hours ago, Nonkululeko said:

I need time and space so I can find myself, does this mean their scientologists

Dianetics, Scientology, Flag, does not give individuals time and space to be themselves! 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Scientology is a cult. It has nothing to do with Christianity and Jesus Christ. It is very, very bad. 

To piggyback on missmuffet...

John Travolta, Tom Cruise and Leah Remini's program on A&E come to mind. It doesn't take much digging to determine the 'Church of Scientology' is a dangerous cult. Check out it's founder, L. Ron Hubbard, his history and belief's and his dianetics technology. It's to be avoided by Christians. 

People can say a lot of things, but that doesn't make them experts or right. To find ones self in truth, it seems logical to examine yourself and ask; who am I really; where did I come from and why; why am I here; where am I going and why? The Bible is 100% inerrant and infallible and 100% truth; it answers all of life's questions we need to know.

Edited by Dennis1209
a P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Scientologists have many strange beliefs.  It's a cult totally removed from Christianity.    Just several things about them:  They will deprogram (audit) a person, but they charge alot of money for doing that!   As a person goes higher and higher in the organization, the beliefs get stranger and stranger.   In upper levels, members are finally told aliens inhabit them.   The leadership is extremely controlling and can be punishing as well...even separating families.

Their founder, L. Ron Hubbard, said he was abducted by aliens.   He also said a good way to make money is by making a religion.

And not to be outdone... There is now the "Church of Artificial Intelligence". I say that's a good way to make a religion and image of a beast... Turned over to a debased mind and lust of their own hearts and itchy ears comes to mind.

• Thumbs Up 1