• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm going with God on this one:

Acts 5:25-33

25 Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.

26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,

28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.
KJV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It takes all sorts. Some people are going to be more drawn in by public demonstrations, others will be better swayed by observation, private discussion, and so on. Doing so in a Christlike way is important. I'd say keeping a healthy level of respect for other people, laws, and local customs in the process is part of that. Japan is culturally very much disposed toward being polite and indirect. Western nations in general are more up front. Someone who keeps factors like that in mind and can act accordingly will generally meet with more success than someone who doesn't. That said we also have to keep in mind that many disciples preached the Gospel when it was frowned on to do so and that even Jesus made a big scene when the temple had become "a den of thieves".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/19/2019 at 11:38 PM, R. Hartono said:

The first church of gentiles was established by the invitation from Cornelius the Roman to Peter, Peter did not roam the street seeking for gentiles to preach lustfully, God sent gentiles to him.

Acts 10:19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

Every nation of the world has citizens with different religions, the nations cannot function properly without inter religious tolerance among its citizen, radicalism like isis in Syria would only destroy one nation. Thats why governments allow worship places for different religions, they do not ban religion though.

Bible says we must obey our leaders: Hebrew 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Street preachers want people to convert, i'm not against them by all means, however,  we should note that our nation recognizes the rights of different religions and believers. 

WHAT IF THE MOSLEMS ARE ALSO DOING THE SAME LIKE CHRISTIAN STREET PREACHING ON THE STREET, LUSTFULLY COMING TO YOU WITH SERMONS, WILL YOU TOLERATE THAT ? YOU ARE LUCKY THEY DONT DO THE SAME THING TO YOU, AREN'T YOU ?

http://www.brettsanders.me/california-street-preacher-arrested-for-talking-too-loudly/

isla.jpg

? Are you talking about in America? Muslims have freedom of speach but have to respect our laws. I am a Christian and an American. Muslims don't  have the Holy Spirit they just expose themselves for what they really are and are gathering for God's Wrath not his kingdom. Who will correct them if you silence the church? The law?

I am a Christian women. But, if that gang banged on my door. I would answer with my finger on the trigger of the double barrel shot gun in my hand and with a 38 ready to go on my hip and two ranch dogs at my heal tbat will die to protect me. Respect has to start some where. They can thank Jesus when they walk away in one piece or meet him at my door.

When we stand before the Lord we are not going to be answering for anyone else we will answer for ourself.

You know that women Jezabel Jesus doesn't want us to tolerate? She is always trying to control, intimidate and manipulate everything and everyone. 

Edited by Reinitin
Typo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

45 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Jesus told us to spread the good news but we should understand we are not sent as a robot programmed to speak to people.

Look at the picture below, this christian woman grab a moslem's hand on the street and preached "Jesus is the saviour would you believe that ? ".

Now look again at the background fulled with moslems, the whole moslem nation is angry for this intolerance behaviour because they never did the same thing, she is lucky the moslem old woman only smiled at her, she quickly disappeared otherwise she would be warned by the authority.

Can you find what i'm trying to say ? Its true how beautiful are the feet of those who preach if you do not violate people's rights by force. It can only create war and chaos. There are many friendly ways to introduce Jesus to people by first showing them kindness as per the above many pictures i posted, so you dont hv to provoke anger from people and government. Our main duty is to spread kindness, whether people want to believe or not its Holy Spirit works.

Otherwise we are only robots sent in a mission without humanity, driven by guilty feeling, not by compassion.

Last year there were a number of threads and debates on this general theme.  A number of us expressed the viewpoint that the messenger and how they behave cannot be separated from the message.  Often, the amount of fruit of the Spirit we clearly exhibit in our lives is the strongest message we can preach.  A number of us quite passionately argued for this point.

I took the OP and following posts in general as being accusatory in tone toward most Christians and any evangelism outside of a church building instead of focusing on the attitude and behavior of a few that was meant to be the target of the thread.   I think the case that we as Christians should set a model of behavior, attitude, and fruit of the Spirit for others to emulate was not being clearly emphasized.  As I review the thread, I can see that was likely the intention, but the images, words, and emphasis chosen have distracted away from that main point.  Until I went back and re-read various posts very carefully, I thought that this thread was primarily arguing against public evangelism and that most Christians do it incorrectly.

Guest PinkBelt
9 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Are you talking about in America? Muslims have freedom of speech but have to respect our laws. I am a Christian and an American. Muslims don't have the Holy Spirit they just expose themselves for what they really are and are gathering for God's Wrath not his kingdom. Who will correct them if you silence the church? The law?

I am a Christian women. But, if that gang banged on my door. I would answer with my finger on the trigger of the double barrel shot gun in my hand and with a 38 ready to go on my hip and two ranch dogs at my heal that will die to protect me. Respect has to start some where. They can thank Jesus when they walk away in one piece or meet him at my door.

When we stand before the Lord we are not going to be answering for anyone else we will answer for yourself.

You know that women Jezebel Jesus doesn't want us to tolerate? She is always trying to control, intimidate and manipulate everything and everyone. 

Christians do not commit murder.

The sixth commandment is very clear about the taking of someone's life.

Proverbs 15:

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Guest PinkBelt

In America we have freedom of religion, speech, thought and politics. The bible clearly says to love your neighbor.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

public evangelism and that most Christians do it incorrectly.

People will come to church if they know you sow goodness, no need to roam the street to hunt them :

http://outreachmagazine.com/ideas/16093-church-for-the-homeless-shades-of-grace-in-tennessee.html

They should bring love to people at the first place instead of bringing a strong TOA speaker.

http://www.brettsanders.me/california-street-preacher-arrested-for-talking-too-loudly/

home1.jpg

home2.jpg

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

People will come to church if they know you sow goodness, no need to roam the street to hunt them :

http://outreachmagazine.com/ideas/16093-church-for-the-homeless-shades-of-grace-in-tennessee.html

They should bring love to people at the first place instead of bringing a strong TOA speaker.

I used to pooh-pooh open air ministry such as preaching, handing out tracts, and the like as not being effective and creating a bad impression of Christians.  I was saying something of the sort in a Sunday school class when a young man my age told about his conversion.  He was walking across a university campus to class, was accosted by a group handing out tracts, took one to be polite to avoid talking to them, went to class, pulled the tract out of his pocket, read it, and committed his life to Christ.  He started going to church the next Sunday.  I've now known him for close to 40 years and he's been a faithful Christian over that time.   Since then, I have heard testimonies of people who've been saved through this type of ministry.  I was surprised by how many of these were "normal" people with comfortable lives who just happened to stop and listen or watch for a few moments and the Holy Spirit started drawing them and speaking to them.  Not all people are homeless and destitute and need (as the old Salvation Army street ministries to the destitute in London would say) soup, soap, and salvation. 

The vast majority of people I've known active in open air ministry are NOT loud obnoxious in your face types.  I knew one young woman in college who started a street ministry with teams who'd go to the rough part of a nearby city on Friday and Saturday nights to share the gospel with street prostitutes and drug addicts.  A large number of missionaries use open air ministry because there are no church buildings in many places.  They go to where people gather and speak to them, often in small groups and sometimes in crowds.  Here's a link to an article by Charles Spurgeon about open air ministry.  http://www.biblebelievers.com/StreetPreaching2.html  

The reality in America is that there are large numbers of people who are unchurched and who are not destitute nor have compelling needs for Christians to physically meet.  These are people walking in groups at fairs, festivals, and other places who've not heard the gospel.  That open air group playing music, doing drama, sharing testimonies, or whatever might be the first time some people hear the gospel.  In places like Europe (which is largely postmodern and non-Christian in many places), open air ministry is the first time many have heard the gospel and come to Christ.  Some places in the US are not much different than that.  In our last church, there was a group that just started to go out and offered to pray with people.  A few would refuse, but a surprising number had some deep concern, worry, or trouble in their life that they'd share with a complete stranger to pray for them.  A few started crying as the person was praying with them.   It's about going to people where they are at and showing God's love and sharing the good news with them. 

I've spoken out against excesses in open air ministry (and other ministries) on this site.  I've called into question such things as carrying a pig's head on a pole to muslim gatherings under the guise of evangelism.  (I think that thread was deleted at some point.)  I've always considered the messenger and his or her behavior as important as the message they speak.   I've seen many Christians blow their credibility and lessen their ability to minister by the unkind and disrespectful tone of their words and attitudes.  However, I've seen people God has called into this type of ministry who are effective at sharing God's love and the good news of the Gospel with people who haven't heard it before.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the going that is obedience and God will bless obedience to Himself....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

On 6/20/2019 at 12:38 AM, R. Hartono said:

The first church of gentiles was established by the invitation from Cornelius the Roman to Peter, Peter did not roam the street seeking for gentiles to preach lustfully, God sent gentiles to him.

Acts 10:19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

Every nation of the world has citizens with different religions, the nations cannot function properly without inter religious tolerance among its citizen, radicalism like isis in Syria would only destroy one nation. Thats why governments allow worship places for different religions, they do not ban religion though.

Bible says we must obey our leaders: Hebrew 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Street preachers want people to convert, i'm not against them by all means, however,  we should note that our nation recognizes the rights of different religions and believers. 

WHAT IF THE MOSLEMS ARE ALSO DOING THE SAME LIKE CHRISTIAN STREET PREACHING ON THE STREET, LUSTFULLY COMING TO YOU WITH SERMONS, WILL YOU TOLERATE THAT ? YOU ARE LUCKY THEY DONT DO THE SAME THING TO YOU, AREN'T YOU ?

Why use the word "lustfully" when zealous is a more appropriate and accurate word?  You choice of words automatically throws a negative spin on the subject matter as lust is something to avoid.

May I suggest you compare Acts 10:19 to Acts 17, especially verse 17

Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.

We don't know if Paul was speaking one on one or if he was addressing the multitude as a whole.  Still the same, Paul did go into the street, or marketplace where many gathered, to spread the gospel.