IGNORED

Who is the Holy Spirit and the purpose in the trinity?

Journey365

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, Journey365 said:

So if we don't pray directly to the Holy Spirit how does the Holy Spirit become the sometime most important role in our faith in God among the Father and Son aspect?

See what I mean kind of confusing at times. .What do you believe about this according to Bible Scriptures and maybe also personal experiences of the Holy Spirit working in your life personally and or among others you know as well?

Shalom Journey365,

You do not need to pray directly to the Holy Spirit, it is not a person. Ask the father to give you his holy thoughts in your thoughts, his holy spirit in your mind, as he did to communicate with his son. Only the father began to send the holy spirit in the name of his son (John 15:16; John 16:23-24) who in turn sent him to the disciples.

The goal is union, to be one in him (the father), one in them (the father and the son), then, one in us (John 17:21).
Whether or not you perform a great miracle, the sacred breath is first and foremost the path of truth and life from the father in the son (John 14:6). The father gave the life to the son, the man Yeshoua, and wants to give this life to you by him.
John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you in all the truth, for he will not speak of himself, but of all that he hears, he will say it, and will make you know the things to come. 

The sacred breath gradually transforms your mind, it will also do so with your body for the resurrection. Seek to please the father with love, the only creator. We must make the difference between this holy Spirit and his gifts.

May the Eternal guides us.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, johnthebaptist said:

I've been attacked over and over again on other websites for sharing my belief concerning the Holy Spirit and Trinity. Still, I believe my belief is the correct one. I believe God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We call him the "Holy Spirit" when we are communicating with him. The Son is Jesus. The Father is God.

So you don't believe in the trinity?  You believe one God manifests in different ways at different times? 

I see the role of the Holy Spirit as being our comforter and teacher.  He helps us endure things that come against us and gives us boldness and also leads us into all truth.  The Father and Son are in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

So you don't believe in the trinity?  You believe one God manifests in different ways at different times? 

I see the role of the Holy Spirit as being our comforter and teacher.  He helps us endure things that come against us and gives us boldness and also leads us into all truth.  The Father and Son are in heaven.

I believe in one God who is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I believe in one God who is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 

I believe in one God in 3 persons.  Is that different?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I believe in one God in 3 persons.  Is that different?

I do not know.

4 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I do not know.

I believe that God the Father is in heaven on his throne, Jesus is at his side and the Holy Spirit is in the world.  If you could look into heaven like Stephen did, you would see the Father and the Son side by side.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 6/20/2019 at 12:33 AM, Journey365 said:

In the 4 gospels Jesus often talks about the Father and he says the Son. It seems that we can fathom or understand the Father and Son relationship how they are as one? But in Acts Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to the disciples and other new believers.

But it seems that churches and Christians kind of vary in their views the purpose of the Holy Spirit as what part does the Holy Spirit play among the Father and Son.

What do you believe is the purpose of the Holy Spirit part in relationship with the Father and Son ? How does the Holy Spirit work along with the Father and Son? What do you believe the Holy Spirit does for you in your personal life everyday or whenever at least the Holy Spirit is active in your life?

On some of the church programs some will say I have the Holy Spirit in me or I feel the Holy Spirit. As for me I have not felt those kinds of things such as a force inside of me. I can honestly say I have felt the love and peace of God during my life in certain moments. But not actually a force some Christians say they feel the power of the Holy Spirit or they believe they know where the Holy Spirit is at . .

I can't identify as to where the Holy Spirit is one minute to the next. But I don't deny the Holy Spirit. But I mostly comprehend the Father and Son aspect. The Holy Spirit to me is sort of a mystery I never truly understood in this life. It's like in a movie one behind the scenes . . He is doing his part but not always sure what . . Well I usually say God and or Lord in my prayers. I don't pray directly to the Holy Spirit. I don't say Holy Spirit I pray to you. Rather I say God, Jesus and or Lord please hear our prayer.

So if we don't pray directly to the Holy Spirit how does the Holy Spirit become the sometime most important role in our faith in God among the Father and Son aspect?

See what I mean kind of confusing at times. .What do you believe about this according to Bible Scriptures and maybe also personal experiences of the Holy Spirit working in your life personally and or among others you know as well?

Addressing the OP here, there are two clear and cut scriptures that let you know who the Holy Spirit is. 

#1. in all seven letters to the seven churches in the book of Revelation, each are addressed by the Lord Jwsus himself, right. but notice how each letter ends. "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". but it's the Lord Jesus who is speaking.

#2. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you .John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

you cain't get any plainer than that.

PICJAG.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

All persons of the God-Head have mind will and emotion. They are one, one and one.
Behold the Lord our God is One God. They support one another completely in what they decide to do.

There is in the Tanach much allusion to the two-person Yahweh. Even in some places you will see Elohim as singular, plural and sometimes Yahweh speaks or is with the second Yahweh. Israelis taught this until about the 2nd century AD. Mostly we do not see them separate and use the ontological name of 'angel' or messenger sometimes to describe Yeshua. Hebrews were OK with this - well that is until AFTER the Advent of Yeshua. Then its historical and Talmudic records get murky. 
Holy spirit hangs around in the background and is often talked of as The Spirit of God, like Jesus or Yeshua is spoken of as the Son of God. In some writings, Holy Spirit is called The Lord the Giver of Life.

All of these three Spiritual persons were/are/will be non-create and always existed unlike us and the 'sons of God'. God created principalities and powers of which ha-Satan seems to be a ring-leader, these  spirit beings are referred to as 'the sons of God" or elohim (plural). 

On the throne, The Ancient of Days is seen with incandescent fire surrounding Him when the second Yahweh (Yeshua) is described as going to the throne to receive blessings and dominion. The other thrones are occupied with the spirits of the council while Yeshua is given dominion and power.

So all this is before, and during and after in a kind of timelessness that was and is and is to come. A reality we have difficulty grasping since we are time-bound with little background in the spirit world and even less teaching about it. 

A major point is that there is hierarchy to God's creation, but in the God-Head they are all co-equal. We are spiritual being with a body/soul attached, but much of scripture eludes us due to our lack of knowledge about the spirit realms. So few teachers dare brace this subject, so we are at the whim of fringe groups and weird stuff we see on YouTube and other odd places.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Journey365 said:

In the 4 gospels Jesus often talks about the Father and he says the Son. It seems that we can fathom or understand the Father and Son relationship how they are as one? But in Acts Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to the disciples and other new believers.

But it seems that churches and Christians kind of vary in their views the purpose of the Holy Spirit as what part does the Holy Spirit play among the Father and Son.

What do you believe is the purpose of the Holy Spirit part in relationship with the Father and Son ? How does the Holy Spirit work along with the Father and Son? What do you believe the Holy Spirit does for you in your personal life everyday or whenever at least the Holy Spirit is active in your life?

On some of the church programs some will say I have the Holy Spirit in me or I feel the Holy Spirit. As for me I have not felt those kinds of things such as a force inside of me. I can honestly say I have felt the love and peace of God during my life in certain moments. But not actually a force some Christians say they feel the power of the Holy Spirit or they believe they know where the Holy Spirit is at . .

I can't identify as to where the Holy Spirit is one minute to the next. But I don't deny the Holy Spirit. But I mostly comprehend the Father and Son aspect. The Holy Spirit to me is sort of a mystery I never truly understood in this life. It's like in a movie one behind the scenes . . He is doing his part but not always sure what . . Well I usually say God and or Lord in my prayers. I don't pray directly to the Holy Spirit. I don't say Holy Spirit I pray to you. Rather I say God, Jesus and or Lord please hear our prayer.

The word Trinity is not mentioned once in Scripture in the entire Bible. The word Godhead is mentioned three times in; (Acts 17:29; Rom. 1:20; Col. 2:9). The term Godhead simply means that which is divine. It is used of Jesus Himself in (Col. 2:9-10), "For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," "And ye are complete IN HIM which is the head of all principality and power." (Jesus overcame all principalities and powers by His death and resurrection). We are complete in Him only in unity as He, the Father, and the Holy Ghost are one in unity and not bodily.

The word Trinity means the union of the three persons in the Godhead, each who IS called God and Lord in various Scriptures throughout the Bible, and who are "Self-existent" and "Eternal." In Psalm 110:1; Matt. 22:44; Zech. 2:10-11 we have the Father and the Son both called "Lord," and when we read Ex. 16:7 with Heb. 3:7-8 and Isa. 6:8-9 with Acts 28:25 and Ex. 17:7 with Heb. 3:7-9, and Jer. 31:31-34 with Heb. 10:15-16 these Scriptures prove that the Holy Spirit is also called "Lord." The Holy Spirit is distinctly called God in Acts 5:3-4. Here Peter here askes Ananias, why he kept back part of the price . . . why Ananias let Satan fill his heart to lie to the Holy Ghost . . . and Peter goes on to say Ananias had not lied to men but to God."

God the Father, God the Son, AND God the Holy Ghost, in one (unified) Godhead or divinity, so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct persons as to indivuality. Three separate and distinct persons are spoken of in (1 John 5:7). Jesus Himself declared and taught us to go forth and baptize in the name of the Father AND of the Son AND of the Holy Ghost (Matt. 28:19).

Scriptures such as "one Lord" (Deut. 6:4) and "one God" (Mal. 2:10) means unitied, or united in one. Similarly, the scriptures "They shall be one flesh" (Gen. 2:24); "the people are one" (Gen. 11:6), does not mean all the people are one in body.

In the beginning God revealed the Godhead as consisting of more than one person.

In Gen. 2:26 "And God said, LET US make man in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS." Also in Gen. 3:22 He plainly said, "The man is become AS ONE OF US." The phrase "as one of" means "like each person of several persons of the same kind," as proved wherever the statement "as one of" is found in Scripture (Gen. 19:14; 42:27; 49:16; Ex. 12:48; Lev. 19:34; 24:22; Num. 12:12; 2 Sam. 13:13; 14:13; Job 12:4; ect., no person uses such a phrase and not refer to more than one person who could make "us." If God refers to the Godhead as "us" we should take it that He knows what He is talking about and that there are more than one person in the Godhead.

In John 1:1 we have the statement, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The Word became flesh and dwelt among us in John 1:14. We know the Word God took upon Himself a flesh and bone body and became Jesus. We must ask ourselves which God was the Word with in the beginning in John 1:1? He was with the Father for in (1 Cor. 3:23; 11:3) Paul said that "Christ was God's and God was "the head of Christ." Jesus dwelt amongst us whilst the Father remained in Heaven.

Acts 2:33-39 referes to three separate persons of the deity: It is said of Jesus [one person], "Therefore being BY THE RIGHT HAND of God exalted and having RECIEVED OF THE FATHER [another person] the promise OF THE HOLY GHOST [a third person] He hath shed forth THIS [the Holy Ghost] which ye now SEE and HEAR." Thus TWO persons, Jesus in His flesh and bone body, and the Father who is spirit, stayed in Heaven sitting side by side, and the Holy Ghost (a third person) came from the two in Heaven to take the place of Jesus among men.

If God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are "one God" in one body, all the Scriptures mentioned above are lies, and if they are lies then the whole Bible cannot be believed.

The fact that Jesus took upon Himself a flesh and bone body and that He was resurrected and STILL HAS His flesh and bone body and sits at the Fathers right hand in Heaven in it, (Mark 16:19; Luke 22:69), is proved by His statement to His disciples; "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have" (Luke 24:39); and to Thomas Jesus said; "Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing" (John 20:27). And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord AND my God" (John 21:28).

How could Jesus, a self confessed flesh and bones being, be sitting at the Fathers right hand [the Father being spirit] in Heaven and be "one" in body with the Father? Jesus Himself said above, "Spirit doth not have flesh and bone as ye see me have." If Jesus and the Father are "one" in body, then the Father must be flesh and bone, or Jesus must be spirit, and this would be a lie. Jesus will have His flesh and bone body for all eternity (Zech. 13:6).

And what was Jesus saying and asking the Father when He prayed to the Father this prayer;

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, AS WE ARE" (John 17:11).

And, "That they MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father art IN ME, and I IN THEE, that they MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou has sent me" (John 17:21).

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, even AS WE ARE ONE: I in them, and thou IN ME, that they may be made perfect IN ONE; and that the world may know etc., (John 17:22-23). "And I have declared unto them thy name, and I will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, AND I IN THEM" (John 17:26).

Jesus prayed to the Father to keep His disciples and all His followers "one in unity" as He and the Father were. He never asked the Father to allow all the followers and disciples all to get inside one of them and form "one body" as fundamental Christianity wrongly teaches Jesus and the Father are.

Jesus upbraided the disciples not for their misunderstanding, but for their unbelief (Mark 16:13-14), and he will upbraid us as well if we do not believe who He, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are. They are one in unity not body as these plain simple Scriptures state.

Jesus said;

"And the Father Himself, [one person] which hath sent me [another person, hath born WITNESS OF ME. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His shape (John 5:37). How can this Scripture be true if they are "ONE" in body?

Jesus instructs us to "Search the Scriptures; for in the ye THINK ye have eternal life: and they which testify of me" (John 5:39). How can we pray to a God if we do not know who He is? Jesus said, "Ask me nothing. Verily verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father IN MY NAME, He will give it you"(John 16:23). The Father never refuses Jesus anything, so when we ask the Father in the Name of Jesus, to the Father its like Jesus asking the Father Himself. They are two separate individual self existant beings, sitting beside each other in Heaven. This is as clear and as simple to believe as any other doctrin in the Bible. Our plain common sense tells us that one person cannot sit beside himself, and God would not expect us to believe He sits beside Himself in two types of bodies, constantly transforming Himself at will, asking Himself questions and invoking prayers in His Jesus Name, and then answering them to His Jesus self as the Father. To believe this theory of Satan, which is continued by men is plain madness.

A God who could not make Himself clear, or had to be interpreted and be declared a mystery is no God at all. Let us believe, like sensible men, that God can make Himself understood. He will hold men responsible for what He says, not for what men interpret His words to say. He has a right to judge men in the end if they constantly make Him false in all that He says, if they listen to satanic theories. "He that rejecteth me, and recieveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" (John 12:48; Rev. 20:11-15). This should be enough for men to quit the foolishness of changing God's Word to mean anything they want it to mean? It is the height of ignorance for anyone to claim to know God better than He has revealed Himself to be.

The Trinity consists of three divine beings each with their own separate body, soul, and Spirit as over 500 Scriptures prove. To deny this and believe that God is three persons in one body is to believe the theories of men which cannot be supported Scripturally

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

27 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Holy Spirit is distinctly called God in Acts 5:3-4. Here Peter here askes Ananias, why he kept back part of the price . . . why Ananias let Satan fill his heart to lie to the Holy Ghost . . . and Peter goes on to say Ananias had not lied to men but to God."

yes, this is correct, but if we read futher, we read this. Acts 5:7 "And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. Acts 5:8 "And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Acts 5:9 "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.Acts 5:10 "Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband."

is there two Spirits in the Godhead? no. the Spirit of the Lord is the Holy Spirit, the same person. 

PICJAG. 

• Thumbs Up 1