IGNORED

Heaven's language - Will we all understand one another?

mlbrokish

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

I was just wondering what others thought about language in Heaven.  Something altogether new?  The capability to speak all languages to anyone we encounter in Heaven? What do you think? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

I have been thinking about this very thing so much lately. Including today.

I think, myself, that there will be a Heavenly language. I also think we'll be called by a different name. I don't think my name will be Rebecca up there. I also can't imagine us all talking in our worldly native language, ie; English. Our languages are a man-made invention, and everything up there will be God created.

Love,

Becky. X

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, mlbrokish said:

I was just wondering what others thought about language in Heaven.  Something altogether new?  The capability to speak all languages to anyone we encounter in Heaven? What do you think? 

Beyond our wildest and most vivid hopeful expectations everything will be resurrection life!  new!  never confusing nor misunderstood !    no sorrow!  no tears of grief!   no pain!

Did you ever watch , see or go to a "so-called" OPERA ?   The kind that the "patrons" might even pay a lot to be there, 

even though they do not understand the language it is sung in,  or the words,  unless they have previous education about it or a program for them to read about it .......

The kind that "men" (of the world)  APPLAUD !  even might give a standing ovation after listening for an hour !

(the foolishness of men)

The world loves that sort of thing (or part of the world does),  but it is as God calls it an abomination.

Turn now to the GOOD SIDE,  GOD'S SIDE >>

see Corrie ten Boom visiting the deep dark prison in South Africa,  to speak to the prisoners that even the guards with weapons are afraid of or never try to talk to....   to speak the GOSPEL , the GOOD NEWS of JESUS,

to speak about GOD'S LOVE ! for the prisioners everyone hates......

She SPEAKS IN ENGLISH,  for three hours straight......  

DOZENS of prisoners , under heavy guard,  in locked room,   SIT QUIETLY ALL EYES ON CORRIE TEN BOOM !

For three hours, without stirring (much),   without whispering to each other .....

Someone , one of the guards,  asked one or more of the prisoners -  "WHY do you listen to her?   You do not even speak nor understand ENGLISH !   So why listen ? "

They replied - true we do not understand English, the words she speaks, 

but we can see and know,  from her heart ,  she is speaking LOVE  (God's Love),  and healing.

The prisoners there potentially understood more than the guards did,  and more than most people sitting in pews do today.

In the life to come after this one,  in heaven,  will be perfect......  so much better ......

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

I never thought about this. All that's important to me is that I be able to communicate with my loved ones, and they all speak English.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Maybe we will go back to whatever they spoke before the Tower of Babel.

Edited by EllaGrace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

You know what, I speak in tongues. Now to be honest I just may be making it up. But it comes on me whenever I want. It’s personal and makes me feel relieved and relaxed when I’m stressed. I don’t know what I’m saying, but it soothes me. I perceive it’s Holy somehow. I pray in English everyday. My “tongues” I speak when I’m distressed or remember to try it. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

Hi mlbrokish,

I believe communication in heaven will not be of the earthly vocal nature which is reliant on sound waves through space and physical auditory senses, but spiritually supernatural and void of any imperfection so that it is impossible for God's people to be hindered by language problems.

Rev 22:1-4
(1)  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
(2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
(3)  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
(4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I don't know I guess I will have to wait to get there to find out. :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I believe communication in heaven will not be of the earthly vocal nature which is reliant on sound waves through space and physical auditory senses, but spiritually supernatural and void of any imperfection so that it is impossible for God's people to be hindered by language problems.

Your comments seem possible, especially mentioning sound being of void of any imperfection.  The bible passages seem somewhat supportive, although don't directly mention sounds. 

Thanks for the perspective.

• Thumbs Up 2