IGNORED

What is your view on...

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

All buildings are only as good as those inside it. There are real believers in some, but most are there to ease their conscience and a fake believers. Real believers need no building, but come together as the Lord Jesus intended, through one-on-one discipleship. Jesus didn't say, "Go out and building churches," He said,

Matthew 28:18-20
Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.  Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Don't let others walk your walk. Find those that teach all of the word of God like Deuteronomy 28.

Loving what you say. Very encouraging. Thankyou. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

I like it because we do what Christian are suppose to do.

HalleluYAH !    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/21/2019 at 4:13 PM, Melinda12 said:

Non denominational churches? 

Like the assembly in ACTS ?     (the best ever!)

Like the Ekklesia in Ephesians ?   Philippians ?  

See the description there (in the Bible), because that is God's Description and is accurate (both the good and the bad,  the true believers and the deceivers are described - even the many anti-christs IN the assembly!) ....

God's Description is valid, accurate and truth.  

If any group can pass His tests, and be described by God as good, then good. 

God is very clear about this.   

Men are usually wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

20 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Perhaps a properly motivated person could start a church. If someone is starting a church in order to glorify themselves, that would be wrong.

Personally I like to think of the ekklesia starting its members rather than the members starting it. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Personally I like to think of the ekklesia starting its members rather than the members starting it. 

Yes, that would be the ideal. There are people out there with big egos, though, I believe.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The non-denominational churches I have visited all seem to be in the mega-church catagory. I'm not one for crowds n I don't see how a pastor can remember or have a relationship  with each member. The other observation is that the word is twisted into the health n wealth bull pucky, if I wanna see that I can turn on the tube n watch a false profit like Joel Olstein. Think I'll stick with my Southern Baptist church thankya kindly.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, Melinda12 said:

Because it could be the answer. Get back to basics. Just worship Christ freely. 

I was brought up in a Bible believing independent non-denominational church (wonderful church). I'm now a member of a Baptist Church; because in my location / community I couldn't find a non-denominational. The Baptist faith exactly mirrors my own; with the emphasis seeming to be immediately after a person accepts Christ as their Savior, it's very important to get baptized, as a public statement of faith that the old man (or woman) is dead, and you're a new person in Jesus Christ. It represents your death, burial and resurrection in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It's scriptural. 

I don't know about other denominations; and I'm not saying if this is good, bad, beneficial or not because I really don't know enough about it. But, a percentage of our collected offerings are deducted and given to the county and regional Southern Baptist association. Then you have the Baptist conventions where theological decisions are voted on, etc. I do have a big problem with those conventions; as from time to time secular world ideas and garbage are introduced. 

Like I said; I don't know it's a good or bad thing, I personally don't see the need or reason for all that leadership and support? Seems to me, that money being donated from our offerings could be better invested in missionaries, community outreach and projects, and for the Kingdom of God. I don't recall any non-denominational churches as having these extra layers and formalities? But the Baptist Church still has the prerogative to remain independent, and we are one of those.

I strongly believe in the concept on non-denominational (where two or three are gathered, Jesus is in the midst). Denominations are splits and divisions of theologies and hermeneutics. There is no division between those that have accepted Christ as their Savior; we are one body in Christ and one Church. We are all family; brothers and sisters in Christ and united in Christ alone. We are the children of God; and this is our real and eternal family in the Lord. 

This post presents a good opportunity for self reflection; that we are all family, brothers and sisters in Christ here on this forum, and to love and nurture one another with respect and tender kindness. Just because I don't personally know you and see you face to face; doesn't give me a licence to be rude, a know it all and insult others opinions and biblical discussions. Especially to include myself, I'm an ambassador of Christ; everything I say and do is a reflection of my faith and obedience to the Lord Jesus and my walk with Him. In retrospect, I've said things here on this forum I regret and Jesus would not approve of; and I sincerely apologize for that and ask your forgiveness. 

• Loved it! 1

24 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I was brought up in a Bible believing independent non-denominational church (wonderful church). I'm now a member of a Baptist Church; because in my location / community I couldn't find a non-denominational. The Baptist faith exactly mirrors my own; with the emphasis seeming to be immediately after a person accepts Christ as their Savior, it's very important to get baptized, as a public statement of faith that the old man (or woman) is dead, and you're a new person in Jesus Christ. It represents your death, burial and resurrection in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It's scriptural. 

I don't know about other denominations; and I'm not saying if this is good, bad, beneficial or not because I really don't know enough about it. But, a percentage of our collected offerings are deducted and given to the county and regional Southern Baptist association. Then you have the Baptist conventions where theological decisions are voted on, etc. I do have a big problem with those conventions; as from time to time secular world ideas and garbage are introduced. 

Like I said; I don't know it's a good or bad thing, I personally don't see the need or reason for all that leadership and support? Seems to me, that money being donated from our offerings could be better invested in missionaries, community outreach and projects, and for the Kingdom of God. I don't recall any non-denominational churches as having these extra layers and formalities? But the Baptist Church still has the prerogative to remain independent, and we are one of those.

I strongly believe in the concept on non-denominational (where two or three are gathered, Jesus is in the midst). Denominations are splits and divisions of theologies and hermeneutics. There is no division between those that have accepted Christ as their Savior; we are one body in Christ and one Church. We are all family; brothers and sisters in Christ and united in Christ alone. We are the children of God; and this is our real and eternal family in the Lord. 

This post presents a good opportunity for self reflection; that we are all family, brothers and sisters in Christ here on this forum, and to love and nurture one another with respect and tender kindness. Just because I don't personally know you and see you face to face; doesn't give me a licence to be rude, a know it all and insult others opinions and biblical discussions. Especially to include myself, I'm an ambassador of Christ; everything I say and do is a reflection of my faith and obedience to the Lord Jesus and my walk with Him. In retrospect, I've said things here on this forum I regret and Jesus would not approve of; and I sincerely apologize for that and ask your forgiveness. 

Hi

I like what you say. Reflects my thoughts. Thankyou. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:46 AM, Cletus said:

I also look for there to be youth in a church.  again, its a comfort zone thing.  and also a growth thing.

I don't know if this is wide spread or just localized to my area or not. I live in a county in Tennessee that's best defined and described as a good place to retire. There have been so many churches that have closed their doors around here. My own church at present is doing well financially, however, there are no children present to replace us; we appear to be a dying Church. The overwhelming percentage of our congregation is my age (67) or much older; our attendance / membership is shrinking by the month.

I briefly asked our interim Pastor his thoughts on this and how we might get our children's attendance much improved. He expressed he though decent paying employment was a major cause and this being more or less a retirement area of the country was a major reason? I can't say I totally agree with his thoughts, as the schools around here are packed with children.

With the exception of mega-churches and those that have programs and activities to interest, entertain and draw children; does anyone see a trend of lack of children in Bible believing, Gospel preaching churches? Or is this possibly just localized to my regional area?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

With the exception of mega-churches and those that have programs and activities to interest, entertain and draw children; does anyone see a trend of lack of children in Bible believing, Gospel preaching churches? Or is this possibly just localized to my regional area?

That never has been a problem in the small church I've attended since the 1980's. Programs available towards children have varied in quality however. 

• Thumbs Up 1