Bad to good or lost to saved

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

How are we to live?  “ The Righteous shall L I V E  by FAITH.......you finish the Christian Walk the same way you started it— Faith!  As Paul told the Galations audience... “ Did you receive The Holy Spirit by “ being good” or did you receive it by Faith”  ( paraphrased) If Keeping the Law never got you the Holy Spirit why go back to it— the Law was weak...it could not save.....the power is in the Grace message of the Gospel....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I'm saved I can go out and do what ever I want

That is what my pastor says;  however, God has changed the things he wants to do so that they conform to what God wants him to do.  His new heart desires to follow Christ and glorify God.  He hates that things his old man did and has no desire to do them and reap the consequences of sin.    

People who do not have a new nature in Christ are perhaps not born again.  They are not genuine Christians.  People who call themselves Christian but continue to do evil things should be avoided according to Scripture.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

24 minutes ago, Cletus said:

this subject can be a slippery slope depending on how one uses the word "good"  Lets take a look at what The LORD has said concerning this:

Mat 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 19:20  The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Mat 19:21  Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mat 19:22  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Mat 19:23  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24  And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:25  When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

this guy in the above passage he did what was "good" but he would not put God first, before all else.  he loved his great possessions more than God.  He offended in one point and so he broke all of the law.  we must not think that being good is good enough.  it is however important to focus on what was said in verse 17... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 

If we Love God we will obey the commandments but this does not make us "good"  as scripture tells us God will not share His glory with any flesh.  even when we do good we are to say... I am just an unprofitable servant doing what I am supposed to be doing... Glory to God.  He Is the One who made it so i could even do this good. 

Now the bible also tells us we will know them by their fruits.  but fruit of the Spirit is due to Gods indwelling in us, as we are born dead in sin. 

any way you slice it, any good you have or do is from God in and thru you, so be sure to thank and praise Him... All Glory to God.  dont even try and take credit, Jesus didnt try to take credit above^^. 

Some good stuff in here   But you left out the the most pertinent part...the disciples later asked what was the “ will of the Father”....... to which Jesus replied , “ The will of the Father is to believe in the One He sent”

Strange: He could have said to live a good life , obey all of the commandments,keep your repentance records up to date lest you die with with a sin on your account, I’ll Shed my Blood for run of the mill sins but those Willfull sins are YOUR problem- make double sure you get THEM off your sin / repentance ledger,don’t miss Church,make sure you tithe..........yes, He could have said just about anything the Legalists want to hear —- But He didn’t. 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

You apparently know Dr.Seuess better than you know the Bible—— I could say that , but it might be taken wrong.....doesn’t matter as long as I can get in the last word......please let me....it’s everything to me!

p.s.   just one reminder before I leave—— JESUS PLUS NOTHING...bye!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Well, what a great example of Christian interaction for growinginjesus to see.  

People who do not have a new nature in Christ are perhaps not born again

I would kindly strike the word “ perhaps” from this statement.If one does not have the new nature, they are not born again,they are not indwelt  by the Holy Spirit and this “ none of His”

10 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Well, what a great example of Christian interaction for growinginjesus to see.  

Perhaps cletus,myself,and others do not shine like we should sometimes.For myself, I apologize  for the times  my Old Nature rears it’s ugly head and my natural tendency to be a wise- guy manifests it self. Having said that, I think growinginjesus in entitled to see real,warts- and-all human beings who are Christians ,yet still struggle with flaws that run the gamut from pettiness to flat- out meanness and everything in between.I strive to be on my best behavior in here— I’m sure 99% of posters share in that— but for me ,the phoniness Of always trying to be “ sweet” and putting  on that plastic  smile is more sickening than two old men acting like children on occasion .God is at work in all of us.....we are all being changed and are at different levels in our maturity.I am not trying to excuse less than stellar behavior- it’s gonna happen- But it’s bad enough to be a sinner( as ALL of us still are ) but we don’t have to be hypocrites about it.I could disagree with Cletus until the cows come home and make smarmy comments from time to time, but here is something else that growinginjesus should note as he witnesses true Christians who disagree and argue —- if I ever met Cletus in person, I am sure we would be friends and If he ever needed help with anything, I would be first in line to help him.This might be the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian that it would not hurt the world to see.I disagree with Cletus, but I consider him to be my Brother.I hope he thinks of me as a brother also.If he does- great! If not, the last thing I want to see from him is a phoniness- donning a mask to try and fool our audience into believing Christians are “ above it all” and are always “ sweet”. We ain’t.