• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 Timothy 6:11 (NASB)
But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.

“and pursue righteousness, gentleness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness.

The good thing or the right thing we are instructed to pursue. This is a always pursuit, not just when it’s convenient or stands a chance to get us what we want. But a always, at all times pursuit of the good and the right. The scripture uses the word pursue, as if something is to be chased after out of a few choices. Given there are choices set before man in all of life. The good and gentle and right thing we are instructed to choose. That which promotes a seemly life. One that does not elevate itself above it’s brethren. One that does take the lowest spot. That gives way and prefers the other over itself. In a constant state of humility towards all. Has but one heart towards all, a heart of edifying and love. Takes no account of wrongs, is quick to forgive. To pick out the good in the situation, to look for and pursue that which is right among many that are not. The right choice, the good choice, the faith choice.

For many times we know not what the good, right and gentle thing is. But each time we pursue, we get closer to, that which is the good, right and the gentle. This is to be are walk in this life. To do all things for and to the good. For the good is only found in God, so the closer we get and walk to Him the more the good, right and gentle we will see and be able to walk in. For the good is eternal, it is never ending, always in a state of longing to be expressed. For the good is like righteousness,  has all when it has itself. Will only be satisfied by itself, for the good is only found in God and to the degree one walks with God to that degree will they walk in the good, right, gentle and all things that make up the manifestation of Christ in us our Hope of Glory. 

“you man of God”

For the pursuing of these things are only for those that would be men of God. For a heart that would be a man of God is the only heart that can and would be willing to give up it’s own will to pursue that which is the good, right, gentle and all things that make for the expression of love. 

For to the pursuing we are called to, so to the pursuing we give ourselves to. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Thank you. :amen:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

After the most recent inappropriate topic, thank you. :amen:

Your welcome;

A heart that longs for the good, right and gentle. 

Blessed are you, you man of God. 

Blessings, 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Not me said:

Your welcome;

A heart that longs for the good, right and gentle. 

Blessed are you, you man of God. 

Blessings, 

Yeah, I edited my post 'cuz I thought it might get misconstrued :rolleyes: for a personal insinuation, but I see now that you did fully understand it. ;) Thanks again.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

:thumbs_up: