IGNORED

Poor baby.... squirrel stuck in manhole cover rescued!

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Glad there are so many kind, animal lovers around the world!   This rescue happened in Germany.   The squirrel looks so very cute with his little face sticking out of the manhole cover.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/red-squirrel-manhole-cover-rescued-firefighters-dortmund-germany-a8968871.html?amp

Here in L.A. the firemen often rescue animals.    Recently they got some little ducklings out of a sewer drain....they fell through the grate.

The following article is more interesting and informative!   It also mentions them saving a rat previously...took 7 fire fighters to do it!!

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/firefighters-rescue-squirrel-stuck-in-manhole-months-after-saving-rat/amp/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

My dad likes squirrels. He buys walnuts and makes peanut butter sandwiches and sets them in the trees so that they have something to eat. On a personal side note, it would be pretty cool if vets and the like took on more injured wildlife. Around my area, they just put them down - which is kind of a kindness, considering i've heard tell of others simply leaving the animals to die. Even if they are just animals, they still feel pain and fear, and that's rather cruel and heartless on the human's end. I remember my brother and I stopping some neighborhood kids from beating a baby bat to death, and I let it recover inside of what was supposed to be an insect cage. I'm pretty sure we released it once it healed, but it's been so long, I can't remember clearly.

It's good that this one got rescued, though.

Edited by dr3032
  • Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, dr3032 said:

My dad likes squirrels. He buys walnuts and makes peanut butter sandwiches and sets them in the trees so that they have something to eat. On a personal side note, it would be pretty cool if vets and the like took on more injured wildlife. Around my area, they just put them down - which is kind of a kindness, considering i've heard tell of others simply leaving the animals to die. Even if they are just animals, they still feel pain and fear, and that's rather cruel and heartless on the human's end. I remember my brother and I stopping some neighborhood kids from beating a baby bat to death, and I let it recover inside of what was supposed to be an insect cage. I'm pretty sure we released it once it healed, but it's been so long, I can't remember clearly.

It's good that this one got rescued, though.

Yes, it's wonderful when people are kind and try to help injured wildlife.   Once when we had a very windy day in Los Angeles, I saw an unusual big bird on the ground, flapping around, tossed by the wind....one wing was injured.   I called animal control.   He said it was a Red Tail Hawk!!   He was going to take it to the veterinarian for treatment.

Even when we get bears roaming around the trash cans in neighborhoods, they usually let them alone to wander back into the mountains.   If for some reason they need to remove the bear, they tranquilize it.   Then they drive it far up into the mountains!