• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 6/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, missmuffet said:

Do you think a Christian woman should be a surrogate parent? 

Why not?  

Give to those who need. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

No. Im weary of anything that tries to weave around God's soverignty. Like one person said, if God wills for you to have a child you will have one..if not you wont. 

Children are a big responsibility and alot of adopted children or foster kids need a loving family. 

I dont see why people don't jump at adoption or fostering.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, missmuffet said:

Why would that even come up for me to have to establish my thinking on it? For that matter why would there be the qualification  "Christian" ?

I am really not expecting God's voice to rumble out;  Do not practice animal husbandry with human animals. Besides, for the most part parent making is a fun natural process, no petri dish sets  or other devices and contrivances required.

I suppose if I stretch a point, a Biblical point, it does seem that the child of a different mother does tend to live apart from the natural mother's offspring and there is often tension and discord. But, seems there could also be joy in the child's presence just as was hoped for from the beginning in the dish or whatever mixture container is to be used natural or manufactured.

I just don't think it will become a major fad and even less likely to become the endemic norm.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/23/2019 at 2:22 AM, missmuffet said:

The fact is that there are so many men who would have jumped at the chance :(

There was a time  it was the Biblical responsibility of the brother of a fallen warrior to impregant the fallen one's wife. Duet. 5:25

There were other times that marrying a brother's wife would be an impurity, and yet other times that marrying and impregnating of a widow was done to preserve the land grants within the twelve tribes to the year of Jubilee.

Seems to me God found both favor and disfavor on the practices of men and women regarding these issues.

I would think  it a major loving sacrifice by a woman to be a surragate for her sibling. Doing so for hire by a stranger whether by husbandry techniques or by natural means may be a bit of a stretch of purity. But,- one not for me to decide for another.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

There was a time  it was the Biblical responsibility of the brother of a fallen warrior to impregant the fallen one's wife. Duet. 5:25

There were other times that marrying a brother's wife would be an impurity, and yet other times that marrying and impregnating of a widow was done to preserve the land grants within the twelve tribes to the year of Jubilee.

Seems to me God found both favor and disfavor on the practices of men and women regarding these issues.

I would think  it a major loving sacrifice by a woman to be a surragate for her sibling. Doing so for hire by a stranger whether by husbandry techniques or by natural means may be a bit of a stretch of purity. But,- one not for me to decide for another.

So long as the brother is alive , it is impurity and adultery .   If the brother were to die , then the other brother was to MARRY , not just impregnant and move on ,  BUT MARRY

and raise up children unto his brother .   There is a big DIFFERENCE between that and simply playing the role of a surrogate mother .

Now , you put those hands up , ,neighbor and praise the LORD .   

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Spock said:

Why not?  

Give to those who need. 

Abraham and sarah tried that number .     Didn't want to wait on the PROMISE .    and the child of the flesh , persecuted the child of the promise .

Did Zacharias go around trying to get men to impregnate Elizabeth so as they could have a child

Now , be encouraged but let us wait on the LORD in all things .  HIS WAYS are always best . 

For the ways and plans of the LORD are always what is best for all .     And what great rejoicing folks would have if they would just REST IN THAT . 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Abraham and sarah tried that number .     Didn't want to wait on the PROMISE .    and the child of the flesh , persecuted the child of the promise .

Did Zacharias go around trying to get men to impregnate Elizabeth so as they could have a child

Now , be encouraged but let us wait on the LORD in all things .  HIS WAYS are always best . 

God made a specific promise to Abraham that he would have a child.

do you believe God has made that promise to every single believer?  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible says that having children is a gift and not a right Psalm 127:3. God blesses some with children and some not. The child would have a third parent. The Bible questions if this is ethical. It could cause problems.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, missmuffet said:

No woman,  not just "Christian" ,  no woman should be a surrogate parent.

There are various size towns/ cities/  with the sole single purpose of single women having babies that are sold around the world.   Hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands every year.   (and this not counting the much bigger sex trade and child trafficking besides)

The world politicians quietly support this,  and often because of huge bribes.    Thus it is protected (from public view).

The churches do nothing about this,  and probably could not accomplish anything even if they tried - the world's biggest church has profited to the tune of billions of dollars or more from selling babies to paying parents for many centuries!

• Thanks 1