• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

And yet, in your welcome thread, you stated that you would NOT promote your book here. But here it is, promoting your book. 

Also you are in violation of the terms of service, about solicitation and about posting things that are disrespectful of world leaders. 

I believe I said that my objective in joining the forum was not to simply "advertise" my book. Contextually, I also said that I had a heavy topic I wanted to bring up and that I desired a "conversation." 

In point of fact, that is exactly what I have done. I have not come on here posting comments such as, "Hey! I wrote this book. Please check it out. Here's the link where you can buy it. The title is called such and such." Not at all. All my posts are topical, not promotional. If my recollection suits me, the first mention of my book in particular was in this post. And even then, it was just as a quotation reference. There was no request for people to check it out, excetera. So, in response to your accusation, I say, "Hardly." That said, I may reference my book again to support the subject of a post, including perhaps quoting from it on occasion. (In fact, the administrator personally wrote me to say that that was fine.) I believe the topic of the book is a worthy conversation to have. I respect that you may disagree. If someone asks me how to get a hold of the book, I will simply direct them to my profile which includes a link to my Facebook page.

Regarding the second half of your comment, I would redirect you to my post in the prophecy category titled, "A Biblical Response to Evil and the Man of Sin."

May I just remind you that in this post as well as the post I just referenced, there is no mention of a world leader. If a certain world leader came to mind from reading the biblical profile of the Antichrist in this post, that is something that you are going to have to wrestle with. I do not even recall mentioning any world leaders by name in my comments on this thread. The profile in this post is from Scripture. If you believe it isn't, why not challenge me on the merits of what I said instead of trying to find loopholes in order to get my post pulled down from the Forum? 

• Brilliant! 1

On 6/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, The Light said:

I suspect your interpretation is incorrect. The person you are looking for is loved by the world, not hated. Secondly, the person does not regard the desire of women. Think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Where in Scripture does it say that the Antichrist is "well-liked by the entire world?" In point a fact, it does not. It is of utmost importance that we take our cues from scripture and not the Left Behind series. I'm not trying to imply that that is what you are doing.

Scripture does not say the Antichrist is well-liked. It says he is FEARED, "Is this the man who shook the Earth and made kingdoms tremble?" (Isaiah 14:16) Daniel chapter 11 describes the battles that the Antichrist will fight. In fact, Armageddon starts out with the nation's battling the Antichrist and his armies. It is only later that they all join forces against God's Anointed Son.

It is true that the world will worship the Antichrist. But again, the world will be left with two choices: Worship the Antichrist or get your head chopped off. If you were not born again, which would you choose? 

Regarding your second point, notice the text says: regard the desire "of" women. It does not say he does not regard women or that he does not desire women. It says he "does not regard the desire of women." Instinctively, what do women desire more than anything? I believe most women would answer: Children. But how silly for me to think that there would ever be a leader that would not consider a mother's love for her children.

Regarding barking, I am a professional trumpet player. I'm not barking anything. I'm climbing atop a wall and sounding the most important charge I've ever played in my life. (Ezekiel 33)

Thanks for your reply. 

Edited by Jonathan Dane

52 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Since John was not shown that "peace treaty" I am convinced it will be done in secret. Notice also in Matthew 24, Jesus skipped right over the start of the 70th week and jumped right to the abomination. We don't know WHAT will allow them to build their temple. It could well be they WHIP UP on their surrounding enemies. No, the mark is not started until AFTER chapter 14 when the warning comes.

How do you rebuild the temple in secret? If the saints see a temple being built, they will know the Antichrist is in power. Common sense.

I believe Revelation is "loosely" chronological. But I don't think we should build theologies based strictly on the order of the chapters. (To a certain extent, yes.) I just don't think Revelation is that woodenly chronological. There are a lot of chapters that are parenthetical.

6 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So what makes you think this man is little?

Or do you believe his kingdom is little?

What exactly do you percieve to be little about the man?

The Prophet Daniel refers to him as the little horn in various places. I could expound on what I believe Daniel meant by little, but I'll leave it there for now

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

For those wondering, Jonathan asked me permission to quote portions of his book and wanted to have a serious discussion on the characteristics of the AntiChrist without mentioning names -- so that is exactly what we're doing in this thread.  :)  

God bless,

George

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 hours ago, Jonathan Dane said:

I am promoting an interpretation - and hopefully a correct one - of what the bible says regarding the Antichrist. 

You'd be dead now if it were true...believe me!

On 6/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, Michael37 said:

You'd be dead now if it were true...believe me!

I do believe you and grappled with this long and hard (I write about it in the book.) I am not seeking martyrdom, believe me. I probably don't long for heaven as much as I should. (Call me a sinner, but I rather enjoy living.)

On this we can agree - God knows (and controls) the number of our days. In coming face to face with Satan, Job should have been dead as well. But God would not allow it. We see divine protection in Revelation as well. 

I don't want to die.  Fact is, if I died-especially under weird circumstances- that would just draw attention to my book. Maybe the other side has considered that. At this point, it is such small potatoes, as long Christians continue (over all) to thumb their noses at it, I guess the "other side" considers me a small threat. Good reason not to support me, I suppose.

To be sure, I live in the world of the surreal. God has been keeping my book under wraps. I really believe this. If you only knew of the bizarre goings on surrounding it.

God controls all things. I find peace in that. If God closes the door on something, I generally back off, sit and ask Him, "Okay Lord. When and where?" I'm still asking. I have no crystal ball.

I understand that you and many others on here vehemently disagree with me. Please pray for me; that God would continue to protect me, both physically and spiritually. 

Edited by Jonathan Dane

7 hours ago, George said:

For those wondering, Jonathan asked me permission to quote portions of his book and wanted to have a serious discussion on the characteristics of the AntiChrist without mentioning names -- so that is exactly what we're doing in this thread.  :)  

God bless,

George

Brother George, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. Did I say thank you? Thank you brother.

• Haha 1

• George changed the title to Profile of The Man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Jonathan Dane said:

The Prophet Daniel refers to him as the little horn in various places. I could expound on what I believe Daniel meant by little, but I'll leave it there for now

I think you might be mixing up two seperate things.There is nothing little about the king of the north .Not him or his country.

But the king of the north will give "the little horn" a host which will cause the sacrifice to end.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/8-12.htm

The host given to Israel is a military. 

We shall soon see.I expect it before Trumps first term ends.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

5 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I think you might be mixing up two seperate things.There is nothing little about the king of the north .Not him or his country.

But the king of the north will give "the little horn" a host which will cause the sacrifice to end.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/8-12.htm

The host given to Israel is a military. 

We shall soon see.I expect it before Trumps first term ends.

Verses 8-12 are primarily historical - taking place under Antiochus Epiphanes. There are, of course, a variety of opinions regarding how much of it will take place (again) under the Antichrist. That said, it is certainly fair to understand it as typological (a type). 

Regarding the "little" horn, remember that Daniel 8:9 says that it "grows exceedingly." It is my understanding that the littleness of the horn refers to its lack of military and political experience. (Horns were used to anoint a political/military leader.) Thus, the fact that the horn is little speaks to someone who comes in without experince in these areas.

Notice The Message version of this passage:
"As their kingdoms cool down and rebellions heat up, a king will show up, hard-faced, a master trickster. His power will swell enormously. He’ll talk big, high-handedly, doing whatever he pleases, knocking off heroes and holy ones left and right. He’ll plot and scheme to make crime flourish― and oh, how it will flourish! He’ll think he’s invincible and get rid of anyone who gets in his way." (Daniel 8:23-26)

This horn is also little - psychologically. Daniel 7:20 says that he "speaks great things." Many (too many) interpret this to mean that the little horn (Antichrist) speaks with eloquence and oratorical prowess. That's not what this means at all. In short - he's a "big talker" -- he exaggerates. The original word for "great" is the Aramaic word, "RABRAB" (The word always reminds me of the word "redrum" from The Shining.) The NASB correctly translates this as "boastful." It means to "puff up" words. Daniel 7 and 8 correspond perfectly together.

A final note about the "little horn." The anointing/sounding horns in Scripture came from the horns of an animal. They were sounded by buzzing, just as brass instruments are today. The "little horn" of the brass family is none other than a trumpet or "trump" as it is translated in the 1 Cor 15 passage (KJV). Was Daniel calling the Antichrist by name? (It's just a question, folks.) Indeed, Webster's defines "trump" as "a trumpet."

For those with eyes to see -- this becomes glaringly obvious. (And I'm just getting warmed up.)