• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Verses 8-12 are primarily historical - taking place under Antiochus Epiphanes. There are, of course, a variety of opinions regarding how much of it will take place (again) under the Antichrist. That said, it is certainly fair to understand it as typological (a type). 

Regarding the "little" horn, remember that Daniel 8:9 says that it "grows exceedingly." It is my understanding that the littleness of the horn refers to its lack of military and political experience. (Horns were used to anoint a political/military leader.) Thus, the fact that the horn is little speaks to someone who comes in without experince in these areas.

Notice The Message version of this passage:
"As their kingdoms cool down and rebellions heat up, a king will show up, hard-faced, a master trickster. His power will swell enormously. He’ll talk big, high-handedly, doing whatever he pleases, knocking off heroes and holy ones left and right. He’ll plot and scheme to make crime flourish― and oh, how it will flourish! He’ll think he’s invincible and get rid of anyone who gets in his way." (Daniel 8:23-26)

This horn is also little - psychologically. Daniel 7:20 says that he "speaks great things." Many (too many) interpret this to mean that the little horn (Antichrist) speaks with eloquence and oratorical prowess. That's not what this means at all. In short - he's a "big talker" -- he exaggerates. The original word for "great" is the Aramaic word, "RABRAB" (The word always reminds me of the word "redrum" from The Shining.) The NASB correctly translates this as "boastful." It means to "puff up" words. Daniel 7 and 8 correspond perfectly together.

A final note about the "little horn." The anointing/sounding horns in Scripture came from the horns of an animal. They were sounded by buzzing, just as brass instruments are today. The "little horn" of the brass family is none other than a trumpet or "trump" as it is translated in the 1 Cor 15 passage (KJV). Was Daniel calling the Antichrist by name? (It's just a question, folks.) Indeed, Webster's defines "trump" as "a trumpet."

For those with eyes to see -- this becomes glaringly obvious. (And I'm just getting warmed up.)

The little horn is always referd to as little.It doesnt grow.

It is written that the little horn appears tobe stouter than his fellow.That being the ten who are different than he.

Seeing this little horn remains little untill his destruction and the destruction of the ten larger ,divese horns around him,I dont see how you could confuse this little horn with the like of the king of the north who has never been considerd little.

Trump was not considerd little before he became president and the USA has never been considerd little since it became a nation.

According to scripture,the beast will be destroyed and his kingdom willbe given to the saints of the Most High.You do know what kingdom has been promised to the saints dont you.

https://biblehub.com/kjv/daniel/7-20.htm

If your looking for the little horn who appears stouter than the ten,then you need to look in the pleasant land.Your not going to find them in the north.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/24/2019 at 5:14 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

The little horn is always refered to as little.It doesnt grow.
I just supplied you with a verse that says it does. The "power" language of this language throughout Daniel makes no mistake of his strength. I'm not clear if you believe the Little Horn is the AC or that the king of the north is the AC (or neither). It is my opinion that the little horn is the same person as Daniel's king of the north (the end-time king) and that this is the Antichrist. 

It is written that the little horn appears tobe stouter than his fellow.That being the ten who are different than he.
That's exactly right. Notice the personal pronoun "his" -- It refers to his person -- his "physical" appearance. (Anyone come to mind?)

Seeing this little horn remains little untill his destruction and the destruction of the ten larger ,divese horns around him,I dont see how you could confuse this little horn with the like of the king of the north who has never been considerd little. 
I've stated my understanding, or lack thereof. But Daniel's a hard book. No doubt I don't have it all dialed in, and so, I may be wrong. But I'm confident on the larger (stouter, if you will) question.

Trump was not considerd little before he became president and the USA has never been considerd little since it became a nation.

As I said, the "little" refers to a lack of both military and political experience. 

According to scripture,the beast will be destroyed and his kingdom willbe given to the saints of the Most High.You do know what kingdom has been promised to the saints dont you.

I'm going with the kingdom that both Daniel as well as Daniel's people were looking forward to inheriting -- the promised millennial kingdom.

(Pretty busy over the next few days. If I don't answer, be patient. I will.)

I decided to answer you within your quoted reply above in bold (I hope this does not break forum etiquette.) SEE ABOVE

Edited by Jonathan Dane

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

I decided to answer you within your quoted reply above in bold (I hope this does not break forum etiquette.) SEE ABOVE

Then you should know that it is thr kingdom of the little horn that is given to the saints.

Not the north.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-20.htm

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-21.htm

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-22.htm

Those 11 horns are in the promised land.Not the north.

The king of the north isnt going to destroy the north.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-44.htm

He is going to war with the beast who attacks him a couple of verses earlier.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-40.htm

,Its the kingdom of the south that will be destroyed and that kingdom given to the saints.All the land from the Euphrates to the nile will be given to the saints after the countries within thosr boarders are destroyed by the king of the north.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48728465

Trump is not kidding.He will destroy ten nations and thier dominion shall be given to the saints.

Tell me this.Do you believe Israels chosen ruler Benjamin Netayahu shall reign with Christ or do you believe his kingdom shall be taken from,him and given to the saints? 

2 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Then you should know that it is thr kingdom of the little horn that is given to the saints.

Not the north.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-20.htm

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-21.htm

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-22.htm

Those 11 horns are in the promised land.Not the north.

The king of the north isnt going to destroy the north.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-44.htm

He is going to war with the beast who attacks him a couple of verses earlier.

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-40.htm

,Its the kingdom of the south that will be destroyed and that kingdom given to the saints.All the land from the Euphrates to the nile will be given to the saints after the countries within thosr boarders are destroyed by the king of the north.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48728465

Trump is not kidding.He will destroy ten nations and thier dominion shall be given to the saints.

Okay brother. I think this is going down the territory of slice and dice particulars and perhaps drifting aside of the larger point I am making in this post. Plus, I don't feel real comfortable talking "directly" about a current leader because of the forum's rules. (If I target anyone, I will try to limit that to an inference, not a direct reference.)
Thanks for your input -- good stuff. Stay tuned - unless my post is taken down, in which case, I suggest we go out and have an ice cream cone while they're still available.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:04 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

Tell me this.Do you believe Israels chosen ruler Benjamin Netayahu shall reign with Christ or do you believe his kingdom shall be taken from,him and given to the saints? 

Bibbi is a human ruler and presently, destined for hell -- unless he repents and accepts Christ as the Yeshua Hamashiach- at which point, he will be saved and thus, reign with Christ and the saints. (But again -- your comments are drifting off-topic and I just don't have the time to respond to everything. My message is pretty focused and simple. Get too broad and people will tune out. They already are...)

Bottom line -- among Christians with a "futurist" interpretation of these passages, it is nearly universally accepted that the Little Horn and the Antichrist are one and the same. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Jonathan Dane

1 hour ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Bebi is a human ruler and presently, destined for hell -- unless he repents and accepts Christ as the Yeshua Hamashiach- at which point, he will be saved and thus, reign with Christ and the saints. (But again -- your comments are drifting off-topic and I just don't have the time to respond to everything. My message is pretty focused and simple. Get too broad and people will tune out. They already are...)

Well.The king of the north will do all he can to help Bibbi.He may even help Bibbi launch his hard sought for cashless society in Israel.One thing the king of the north wont do is take govenerorship from Bibbi.So while the saints are being persecuted throughout Israel,it will be under Israels rulers authority. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,097
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Couldn't help but note the paucity of actual scriptural quotes throughout the 4 pages of this topic. (Not a single one in the opening post.)

Lots of presumptively-worded biblical paraphrases in these 4 pages, however. 

Opinions about opinions. Not real fruitful.

I leave a post of the Antichrist's profile. And yet, I received little responses arguing that the profile does not correspond to either the biblical portrait of the AC or that of a distinguished modern-day leader. What am I to make this? What are the chances that all these things line up the way they do?  (And please, don't bombard me with your peculiar map for how the end-times will play out. This is about one thing -- the characteristics of the Antichrist.) Please go over each characteristic in your mind and ask, "Does this fit the biblical portrait?" and "Does this fit a contemporary portrait?" If I am incorrect, show me. Please. This is not something I care to be wrong about. Thank you. Anyone? 

(By the way, most of those particulars are explicitly stated in Scripture. The rest are implied in Scripture.)

Edited by Jonathan Dane