• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi WilliamL. You've made a couple of mistakes. The Scripture ref is 1 John 2:18, not 1 John 1:18, and nobody gets away with capitalising the word "antichrist" on my watch. Nowhere in the Bible is the word antichrist spelt with a capital A. Yes, they heard something of an antichrist nature was to come, and many such things had already come.

1Jn 2:18
(18)  Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Fact is, there is not a single word in the Greek New Testament that is capitalized. That is because there are no capital letters in the Greek language. Even so, many translations do indeed capitalize the word Antichrist in that passage. And rightly so.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

There may or may not be a good or right reason for using a capital "A" ....   it doesn't matter here though.

The error(s) remain with or without a capital.

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Dane said:

Again, there is a reason that the doctrine of an end time Antichrist is taught throughout the church, and throughout the history of the church. That is because the doctrine itself is clearly taught in Scripture.

The doctrine might not be any problem for those who love God, who are called according to His Purpose.

However,  'from memory',   didn't you say you think the president is or could be fitting that doctrine ?

You thus must have used other false ideas,  false interpretations,  and false premises to speak that error.

If you had read the truth the last 40 years and comprehended it,  you never would have published such a crime, because you would have known the truth,  and the truth would have set you free from the errors of your book.

Well,   some people go ahead and publish anyway,  usually for money,  even when they know it is error.

I won't try to guess why,  but as I stated in days past,  I wouldn't advise anyone to print, sell, buy, nor read a book with such error !

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

There may or may not be a good or right reason for using a capital "A" ....   it doesn't matter here though.

The error(s) remain with or without a capital.

The doctrine might not be any problem for those who love God, who are called according to His Purpose.

However,  'from memory',   didn't you say you think the president is or could be fitting that doctrine ?

You thus must have used other false ideas,  false interpretations,  and false premises to speak that error.

If you had read the truth the last 40 years and comprehended it,  you never would have published such a crime, because you would have known the truth,  and the truth would have set you free from the errors of your book.

Well,   some people go ahead and publish anyway,  usually for money,  even when they know it is error.

I won't try to guess why,  but as I stated in days past,  I wouldn't advise anyone to print, sell, buy, nor read a book with such error !

I can't respond to a bald assertion other than to say that you are incorrect. I would be willing to bet that my observation (or judgement, if you will) of "T" was done with more caution, prayer, introspection and fear of the Lord than was your judgement of me. Have a nice day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Jonathan Dane said:

I can't respond to a bald assertion other than to say that you are incorrect. I would be willing to bet that my observation (or judgement, if you will) of "T" was done with more caution, prayer, introspection and fear of the Lord than was your judgement of me.

Since I did not judge you,  that doesn't make sense here.  If you bet it would be lost on all counts.

Your conclusion is obviously wrong, and is continually contrary to God's Word according to the book and posts,  so whatever method(s), evidence(s), and reason(s) you used led you to a total error.  

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Since I did not judge you,  that doesn't make sense here.  If you bet it would be lost on all counts.

Your conclusion is obviously wrong, and is continually contrary to God's Word according to the book and posts,  so whatever method(s), evidence(s), and reason(s) you used led you to a total error.  

Your statements and their implications:

"The doctrine might not be any problem for those who love God, who are called according to His Purpose."
Implication: I do not belong to said group.

"You thus must have used other false ideas,  false interpretations,  and false premises to speak that error."
Implication: I am a man of falsehood. (You gave no evidence of error but simply presumed it as fact -- I "must have used" etc. Fact is, you know nothing of what I did and didn't use.)

"If you had read the truth the last 40 years and comprehended it,  you never would have published such a crime, because you would have known the truth,  and the truth would have set you free from the errors of your book."
Implication: 1.) I have neither read nor comprehend truth. 2.) I am a criminal. (Those are typically the ones who commit crimes.)

"Well,  some people go ahead and publish anyway,  usually for money,  even when they know it is error."
Implication: I did not write my book because of a desire for truth but to deceive because of my love of filthy lucre.

I would never say a Christian should not judge. Yet Christ warns us not to judge presumptively or hypocritically, but rather, wisely, prayerfully, and selflessly. I stand with Paul to say that your judgement of me is a small thing, to be sure.

By the way, I'm posting entire chapters of my book on my Facebook page (for free). You should check it out sometime. It's always a good idea to be informed on person's criminal activities "before" you throw down the gavel. 

https://www.facebook.com/RiseOfTheLittleHorn/

Edited by Jonathan Dane

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  4,065
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 6/24/2019 at 12:24 AM, George said:

For those wondering, Jonathan asked me permission to quote portions of his book and wanted to have a serious discussion on the characteristics of the AntiChrist without mentioning names -- so that is exactly what we're doing in this thread.  :)  

God bless,

George

I am finding the guys points interesting so far, thanks George for the decision. {PS I said interesting, not factual per se in that I agree with them}. 

Edited by Revelation Man

On 6/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jonathan Dane said:

(an excerpt from my book, Rise of the Little Horn)

A man with no military or political experience announces his run for the most powerful seat in the world. His promise? GREATNESS. He controls the flow of money, and is head over a military that is unmatched in the world. He is consumed with winning politically and fortifying his strongholds. Though initially thought of as a minor threat by his associates, he truly towers over them. He demolishes them by means of abusive and slanderous speech, tears down the character of those who oppose him and flatters and elevates those who admire him. He rises up as if by sheer will. He is an alpha male who plots and manipulates anything and everything to take down his opponents. He is seemingly unstoppable. To the utter amazement of the world, he succeeds at nearly everything he does, despite his lack of deep personal conviction on any issue except self-aggrandizement. His narcissistic pride is evident to all as he continually boasts, exaggerating his achievements and financial worth. He is characteristically disingenuous, so deftly twisting the truth that deceit becomes the norm rather than the exception.

An aura emanates from him that seems to delude people’s thinking; making thoseseemingly intelligentunable to discern truth from falsehood. At some point, these deluded masses begin to view good things as evil and evil things as good. He is untamable, doing whatever he pleases. These characteristics cause other world leaders to fear him. He shows little regard for the support of women, yet boasts of his various adulterous relationships. Despite his inflated claims, he does possess considerable wealth, which he unabashedly flaunts; wealth accumulated through real estate holdings and building projects. Hailed as the consummate praised man of the city, he is a builder of great high towers, bedecked with precious stones and gold. He is obsessed with his name and plasters it on everything he touches.

He is cunning and shrewd; playing his enemies like a game of cards. He is vicious in his desire to win. The concepts of grace and forgiveness find no place in him. Violence follows him wherever he goes; even to the killing of innocents who stand between him and his goals. His false show of religion gains the trust of people of faithdeluding them. He comes to power through the “simple folk” who have been discarded as insignificant. His supporters are unwavering in their commitment, for they worship the ground he walks on. His rise to power coincides with a political uprising and defection. Many will leave their former political affiliations.

His ascension comes at a time of worldwide financial, social, religious, military and civil upheaval. But he will promise to restore law and order, and to soon put an end to crime and violence; a few of many extravagant promises he will never keep. He will establish an extreme vetting process to prevent illegals from gaining access. He will seek the wealth of Iraq as Russia shows signs of escalating military aggression towards the Middle East. Known for his ability to make deals, he promises to make a peace deal between Israel and her surrounding enemies. He plans a restructure of the balance of power in Europe in order to fight terror. The earth will be in global flux.

Who do these paragraphs describe? This portrait was penned thousands of years ago. It is a biblical word picture of the most evil, ruthless killer of all time; a tyrant who will draw the world into the last great mega-battle known as Armageddon. The Bible refers to this man as the Son of Perdition, the Man of Sin, the Wicked One, the Worthless Shepherd, the Beast, the LIE, the Adversary, the Spoiler, the Willful King, the Lawless One, the Desolator, and more. This man’s wickedness grows until, eventually, Satan himself will possess him. He is known to most as the Antichrist. 

(Copyright 2016 - Jonathan Dane - All Rights Reserved)

We must first start with where the bible says the Anti-Christ/Little Horn/Beast arises from. Mr. T matches none of those qualifiers. Dan. 7 states he arises out of the Fourth Beasts Head, Dan. 8 says in the Latter Time he arises out of one of the Four Generals Kingdoms. So both must be true, both prophecies must be fulfilled. Thus we have to overlay both prophecies on a map of sorts and juxtapose them against each other. 

He must rise out of Europe {E.U./Fourth Beast} AND he must be born in Greece since ONLY Greece out of the Four Generals Kingdoms are in the E.U. So the Anti-Christ has to be born in Greece and come to power in the E.U., thus we get Dan. 11, the Detailed prophecy of all the Grecian Kings for a reason. Antiochus is a TYPE of Anti-Christ, and Jason {real name Yeshua} is a TYPE of the coming False Prophet, Antiochus appointed Jason to be the High Priest, thus he killed Jason's brother Onias III, a Pious High Priest, and Jason thus tried to Hellenize the Jews. The False Prophet is going to do the exact same thing.

Not understanding where he is from and where he comes to power from means you started off on the Wrong road brother, and that always leads us down a cul de sac in the end. Always start with a foundation In facts brother, and move outwards. 

God Bless

Edited by Revelation Man

5 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

We must first start with where the bible says the Anti-Christ/Little Horn/Beast arises from. Mr. T matches none of those qualifiers. Dan. 7 states he arises out of the Fourth Beasts Head, Dan. 8 says in the Latter Time he arises out of one of the Four Generals Kingdoms. So both must be true, both prophecies must be fulfilled. Thus we have to overlay both prophecies on a map of sorts and juxtapose them against each other. 

He must rise out of Europe {E.U./Fourth Beast} AND he must be born in Greece since ONLY Greece out of the Four Generals Kingdoms are in the E.U. So the Anti-Christ has to be born in Greece and come to power in the E.U., thus we get Dan. 11, the Detailed prophecy of all the Grecian Kings for a reason. Antiochus is a TYPE of Anti-Christ, and Jason {real name Yeshua} is a TYPE of the coming False Prophet, Antiochus appointed Jason to be the High Priest, thus he killed Jason's brother, a Pious High Priest, and Jason thus tried to Hellenize the Jews, again the False Prophet is going to do the exact same thing.

Not understanding where he is from and where he comes to power from means you started off on the Wrong road brother, and that always leads us down a cul de sac in the end. Always start with a foundation In facts brother, and move outwards. 

God Bless

You are making assumptions dear brother. I make it clear in my book that I had always assumed the AC would come from Greece, which, after studying the topic further, realized that I, like many others, had a misunderstanding of Daniel's typology. I have a chapter in my book called, "Antichrist from Greece?"

Fact is, there is nothing in Scripture that demands that the AC must originate from Greece. Those passages in Daniel are referring to Antiochus Epiphanes. The Bible also calls the Antichrist the Prince of Tyre, the Prince of Israel, the King of Babylon, etc. It's typology. In fact, America is a product of all those places. Visit Wash. DC and look around.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Dane said:

You are making assumptions dear brother. I make it clear in my book that I had always assumed the AC would come from Greece, which, after studying the topic further, realized that I, like many others, had a misunderstanding of Daniel's typology. I have a chapter in my book called, "Antichrist from Greece?"

Fact is, there is nothing in Scripture that demands that the AC must originate from Greece. Those passages in Daniel are referring to Antiochus Epiphanes. The Bible also calls the Antichrist the Prince of Tyre, the Prince of Israel, the King of Babylon, etc. It's typology. In fact, America is a product of all those places. Visit Wash. DC and look around.

Well I visited your site via the link above, and it seems you point there to Mr. T, as a few called him here {Mr. T). Daniel 8 shows where the Anti-Christ comes from. And both Dan. 7 and 8 are about the Anti-Christ/Little Horn. 

Dan. 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

He waxes great TOWARDS the South, East and Israel.....thus he comes forth out of the Northwest. Greece and Europe are Northwest of Israel on any map.

Dan. 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. {Alexander the Great} 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. {Ptolemy , Seleucus , Cassander and Lysimachus}

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. 24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

So in the LATTER TIME means today, Greece has always been around, Dan. 7:12 tells us the Anti-Christ Beast is thrown straight into the fire, but the REST of the Beasts lived on for a time and season....CORRECT, Babylon was where Alex the Great died, Greece, and Rome are basically intact kingdoms who lost their DOMINION, and Persia is Iran. So in the LATTER TIMES means now. We know this because he gets defeated by Jesus {Prince of princes} WITHOUT HAND {by the Holy Spirit and we see the Without Hands used in Dan. 2 where Jesus {Rock} SMASHES the Statue. 

He understand DARK SENTENCES means he understands Conundrums and Riddles, hes crafty intelligent. The NOT BY HIS OWN POWER is also used in Revelation chapter 13 in so many words. The sins of mankind have FILLED UP the bowl of God's Wrath.

Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

THE MANY are Many Nations, its in Dan. 8:25, Dan. 9:27 and Dan. 11;40-43. The agreements {Covenants} are already in place, look up the European Neighborhood Policy.......Europe has 7 year agreements with these nations BELOW.....

Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia. 

Read those three passages and put it all together brother. Its fascinating. You even can google the European Neighborhood Policy, its all there to see. 

Since you like Daniel I did an exegesis on Dan. 11 and 12 where I explain every King and every verse and how they came to power in a thread {originally a blog elsewhere}.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Dane said:

You are indeed applying eisegesis to imply that John is saying something that he is not. Nowhere in that passage does John say that the idea of an end-time antichrist is a baseless rumor. You are simply inserting that idea into the passage to support your unbiblical precept. 

I inserted no such "idea into the passage." You are falsely projecting something I did not say. What I said was simply that John gave no unequivocal backing to the one-man antichrist view, and John is the ONLY one that ever used the term.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Dane said:

Again, there is a reason that the doctrine of an end time Antichrist is taught throughout the church, and throughout the history of the church. That is because the doctrine itself is clearly taught in Scripture. 

And again, I say nonsense. What the Scripture teaches us is that there will be many antichrists, as I so stated in  the conclusion of the blog post I cited:

" To sum up: there is no The (one-man) Antichrist. Rather, there are a number of End Times antichrists, including 1) the Son of Perdition/Lawless One, 2) the Beast, 3) the False Prophet, 4) the Mouth of the Beast = Little Horn, and 5) Gog. Thus there are at minimum five major end times antichrists, without even mentioning the greatest antichrist of them all, Satan. They are all anti/against Christ, according to Johnʼs definition: ones that deny and oppose the exclusivity of Jesus being the only Christ/Messiah of God. "

On 7/2/2019 at 10:04 AM, WilliamL said:

1 John 2:18 ...even now many antichrists have come...