Debp

Free Hearing Aids

For any that need hearing aids and are on lower income, and have no insurance that pays for hearing aids....check with the Lion's Club Foundation.

The Lion's Club Foundation of Southern California sent a flyer to us, that they provide free hearing aids to those that qualify.   My mother applied, was approved, and received her hearing aids last Tuesday!   She is now enjoying them.

Hearing aids are very expensive here, so this was a real blessing from the Lord.

I went for a test the other day here in South Africa which offers free medical for those who qualify, and also qualified for a free hearing aid for my left ear.There is obviously a long waiting list,but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel praise the Lord.But I tell you what I will do though,  (this is need to know just between us folks here very hush hush), I plan to take it out  at home when it suits me, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Hands On
Grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2019 at 4:39 AM, Debp said:

For any that need hearing aids and are on lower income, and have no insurance that pays for hearing aids....check with the Lion's Club Foundation.

The Lion's Club Foundation of Southern California sent a flyer to us, that they provide free hearing aids to those that qualify.   My mother applied, was approved, and received her hearing aids last Tuesday!   She is now enjoying them.

Hearing aids are very expensive here, so this was a real blessing from the Lord.

That  is nice of them to pay  for hearing aids.

I paid a surgeon for a new ear years ago for myself, and just paid $10 for ear candles that did the trick  for now. 

Seems getting old comes at a price, regardless of who pays.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, Hands On said:

I went for a test the other day here in South Africa which offers free medical for those who qualify, and also qualified for a free hearing aid for my left ear.There is obviously a long waiting list,but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel praise the Lord.But I tell you what I will do though,  (this is need to know just between us folks here very hush hush), I plan to take it out  at home when it suits me, for obvious reasons.

Since you mentioned you're going to take them out sometimes, that will save on the batteries.   Just make sure you turn the hearing aid off, too.

My mom puts hers in later in the day for watching TV and that really helped stretch the batteries we found.   She is homebound so doesn't really need them earlier in the day....I talk loud and clear to her.

The batteries aren't too costly.   I think it was 15 or 18 batteries for $12.99.