Sign in to follow this  
Jannie

Looking for christian fellowship

22 hours ago, turtletwo said:

:th_wave: I'm a grandma, too. I have a feeling I will enjoy talking to you. :)

I look forward to reading your posts! I also memorized my scripture verses in the KJV. Seems we already have a couple things in common. :D

I heard that you recently lost your mom.  In 1991 I lost my mom and in 1992 I lost my dad.  I know how you feel.  It's odd but it seems that no matter how old you are when parents go home to the Lord, it makes you feel like an orphan.  I still miss some things about my mom even to this day.  She was the wisest person I have ever known.

• Loved it! 4

22 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi, Jannie. I spent a lot of time in the region you speak of. I'm trying to guess the town, and probably could hit it on perhaps the third attempt. Welcome to Worthy, and God bless you!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Thank you for the kind welcome.  I think the whole coastal area where I live is beautiful.  I visited Ireland a few years ago and marveled at the similarities between Ireland and where I live.  I pray that God will bless you also.

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Hi there and Welcome to you Jannie!  Well I too live in Ca not too far from the Coast.  I too love Proverbs 3: 5 and 6!

Look forward to talking to you in the chat room one day!

I also am looking forward to talking to you.  Thanks for making me feel welcome.  Matthew 6:33 is another of my favorite scriptures.  I think my first verse to memorize as a child was John 3:16.  I have many more that I will share with you later.

Edited by Jannie
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

16 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hi @Jannie

It's lovely to see you here and welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you. I'm Becky and I live in Scotland.

I also came here for Christian fellowship, as because I live in the middle of nowhere, in the countryside, I rely on the internet to talk to other believers of Jesus.

This is a great forum, and really friendly.

Becky. X

Becky,  Thank you for the warm welcome.  Since I have in my ancestry, some Scot, I feel close to the Scottish people.  My dad said we were a dukes mixture.....Irish, English, Scot and Dutch.  Both of my parents have ancestors from these countries.  I did manage to make a trip to Ireland with a group of singers.  As a chorus, we sang in Saint Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin.  I would very much like to visit Scotland one day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

Hey @Abby-Joy

I plan to go through the list of verses you have on your signature so I can get to know you better :).  It's wonderful to finally meet you.

• Loved it! 3

2 hours ago, Jannie said:

I heard that you recently lost your mom.  In 1991 I lost my mom and in 1992 I lost my dad.  I know how you feel.  It's odd but it seems that no matter how old you are when parents go home to the Lord, it makes you feel like an orphan.  I still miss some things about my mom even to this day.  She was the wisest person I have ever known.

@Jannie Thanks for sharing your heart. It is kind of you. It helps to know someone understands. You make a good point about feeling like an orphan when our parents go to heaven. It's so true. My dad has been gone since 2010.

I look forward to hearing more from you.:) Happy you've joined. If there is anything I can do to help you get started here, you are welcome to pm me.

• Loved it! 2

We so welcome you, Jannie.  Great grandma here, and I too am not very swift on computers.  This is such a great place to bond with Christians from around the world.  We are a huge family.  

• Loved it! 1

Hi there and welcome to the forum, Jannie and Refresher, God bless.

• Loved it! 1