Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm fascinated with the subjects of time and light, and our place in it. The subject started to surface on another threat and didn't want to go off topic. I'm interested in your thought about 'time' and what it actually is. To keep this as brief as I can, I'll just try to stick to my thoughts about time; what is it, where did it come from, why do we need it, and if there's no time, as a measurement what do you have? These are just thoughts that occur to me when reading and studying the Bible, on subjects like eternity, no beginning or no end, increasing the amount of day as a sign or to extend daylight to complete a battle. 

Genesis 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. This is where everything was created to include our laws of physics, to include the measurement of time I conclude. I'll pass over the historical boring parts of how time was divided up and measured by solar, lunar, rotation, 360 degrees etc. Ever consider what time is and why we need it? It seems to be a tool of measurement; to see where we are at, in relationship to something; what something? So with a finite mind, we can make sense of things and understand better, to know and see where we're at, plan and observe. 

Is time fixed, immovable and an unchangeable law of physics? Is your time the same as mine? Interesting questions to ponder in light of time is not the same for each individual. It's no longer a theory but a proven fact; based on the atomic clock, speed, motion and gravity; time is not the same measurement for the one experiencing it. That's mind boggling and interesting to contemplate, but why and for what intended purpose? If time is not fixed, then the speed limit of the universe, the speed of light, can't be fixed or a law either. Over 'time' it has been shown the speed of light has been slowing down; though today's secular scientists will dispute this because it does not fit their model.

Eternity: How do we comprehend and understand 'time' in relationship to everlasting and eternity, no beginning and no end? Secular science tries to explain things with a humanistic view and the lie of evolution and the Big Bang. What do you think the Lord's intended purpose and/or benefit was when He created time and placed us in it? Or, do you think 'time' exists in eternity? What happens with or to 'time' when our Lord creates a new Heaven and new Earth?

This one can't be proven I don't believe, and maybe it's just me and my personal reality of 'time'. I'm old and getting older by the day (surprise!); but the point is; from my perspective, time is flying by faster the older I'm getting?

Yeah I know, too much coffee  :D

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,552
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

God created time. In eternity we most likely will not live in time. We can be with more places at the same time. Jesus can talk to each of us at any moment. You could go to a planet in another galaxy at a instant.  Of course I am in theory the possibilities of life in eternity.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Time only relates to human beings. When we leave this earth we will no longer be restricted by time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Time is getting short, actually. We've got all glory ahead, and I don't think it will be very long. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm fascinated with the subjects of time and light, and our place in it. The subject started to surface on another threat and didn't want to go off topic. I'm interested in your thought about 'time' and what it actually is. To keep this as brief as I can, I'll just try to stick to my thoughts about time; what is it, where did it come from, why do we need it, and if there's no time, as a measurement what do you have? These are just thoughts that occur to me when reading and studying the Bible, on subjects like eternity, no beginning or no end, increasing the amount of day as a sign or to extend daylight to complete a battle. 

Genesis 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. This is where everything was created to include our laws of physics, to include the measurement of time I conclude. I'll pass over the historical boring parts of how time was divided up and measured by solar, lunar, rotation, 360 degrees etc. Ever consider what time is and why we need it? It seems to be a tool of measurement; to see where we are at, in relationship to something; what something? So with a finite mind, we can make sense of things and understand better, to know and see where we're at, plan and observe. 

Is time fixed, immovable and an unchangeable law of physics? Is your time the same as mine? Interesting questions to ponder in light of time is not the same for each individual. It's no longer a theory but a proven fact; based on the atomic clock, speed, motion and gravity; time is not the same measurement for the one experiencing it. That's mind boggling and interesting to contemplate, but why and for what intended purpose? If time is not fixed, then the speed limit of the universe, the speed of light, can't be fixed or a law either. Over 'time' it has been shown the speed of light has been slowing down; though today's secular scientists will dispute this because it does not fit their model.

Eternity: How do we comprehend and understand 'time' in relationship to everlasting and eternity, no beginning and no end? Secular science tries to explain things with a humanistic view and the lie of evolution and the Big Bang. What do you think the Lord's intended purpose and/or benefit was when He created time and placed us in it? Or, do you think 'time' exists in eternity? What happens with or to 'time' when our Lord creates a new Heaven and new Earth?

This one can't be proven I don't believe, and maybe it's just me and my personal reality of 'time'. I'm old and getting older by the day (surprise!); but the point is; from my perspective, time is flying by faster the older I'm getting?

:D

I'm old and getting older by the day 

You're body is getting older but your mind is renewed every day :)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

what time to I have....    well lets see    it's 8:39 PM 6/23/2019

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

God created time. In eternity we most likely will not live in time. We can be with more places at the same time. Jesus can talk to each of us at any moment. You could go to a planet in another galaxy at a instant.  Of course I am in theory the possibilities of life in eternity.  

I don't disagree; but by your own statement you're getting an idea of what I'm talking about. How can we be at the same place at the same time, if there's no time?

11 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Time is getting short, actually. We've got all glory ahead, and I don't think it will be very long. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

As a watchman and studying Bible prophecy that pertains to our generation, I couldn't agree with you any more. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Morning fellow coffee drinker with time on your hands,

Time is NOT dependent upon humans nor upon earth nor it's rotation. Time does exist independent of humanity's state of being. There are the mechanics of time the theories of times, and of origins, and of motion, of an expanding universe; BUT it doesn't much matter for God has chosen to communicate  to us  as He has chosen when He wills to  as He wills, for the purposes he chooses. He has spoken in terms of time, and in terms of money, throughout His communication  to and with His creation.

He has said that if His created human servants his disciples  of Jesus do not share of Him and  of His sovereignty over all  that is, then He will make the very rocks cry out of it. Time is a part of God's creation, that can be used as measurement,  as testimony of God's existence, and His very sovereignty.  

God has given us measure in physical matters and in spiritual ones too. He has given us variables that are precise in measurement as well. He has given us prophecy and times and signs of times and times of signs. All fun stuff to ponder upon, yet fruitless if it is not put to use, doing the common things God wills for us to be doing to His glory.

Is the end of our  human life in the flesh the end of time for us? I suggest that it is a beginning of yet a new period that will unfold - in time.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Time only relates to human beings. When we leave this earth we will no longer be restricted by time.

It takes "time" to learn and mature; it takes 'time' for the flowers, corn and grass to grow; it takes 'time' for the movement of anything. I'm not disagreeing at all but; in eternity if we're living outside of time, do we see the past, present and future? No doubt we're not going to know the answers to my questions until we're in eternity, but it's interesting to talk about creation, the power of God, and our increasing understanding in this age of the miracle of it all and how everything is interrelated.